Joshua Philip Sumner - born Fri 13th Nov!!

Mark&Annie

Reaction score
Well, the house isn't finished, I never got that cleaning buzz I was looking forward to and - I still hadn't packed my hospital bag! Lol :haha:

https://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b99/thehappypixi/27hrs.jpg

https://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b99/thehappypixi/10mins.jpg

I was due on the 23rd but twas not to be, he fancied Friday the 13th!

Membranes ruptured at 2am, waking me up. Paniced a bit then phoned hosp who said to come in (is half an hour away), make sure waters had gone, check babys heart rate then checked my cervix which was at 2-3cm. It was then that I realised I was having mild contractions.

So we went home, sorted out bags, dogs, cats etc. contractions got more intense so headed to my mothers (who is 5mins from hosp) at about 6.30am. Walked around her house and up and down the back lane, really feeling the contractions now! Called hosp who said wait until contractions are really strong and 2mins long, 5mins apart. so I kept going a bit longer but decided I wanted to go in - I wanted pain relief!

Got to hosp about 9am where I was put in an examination room until there was a delivery suite available, this was the most painful part - lots of pacing, some noise and lots of gas & air, just waiting for a room and a midwife. I wanted to push so they let me jump the que.

After getting in the room (had wanted pool but was busy) I tried a few positions including standing, squatting, sitting up and finally settled on my side with knees tucked up - never thought I'd end up like that! My midwife was wonderful - so calm and helpful, like it was all just an everyday task - which it kinda is! She advised againt morphine at the stage I was which I'm so grateful she did or I would have been blotted and the labour last longer.

So just gas and air, not cut and lying in a very wierd position, baby was born at 1.21pm. The big pushes just came, and didn't hurt nearly as much as the run up contractions, just the last bit when that flamin big head finally gets to it's widest point felt like burning - OMG pain, but brief in the grand scheme of the event. Then ploop, out comes the rest and up onto my chest. Wow, relief!

He was 7lb 14oz :happydance: So happy, can't believe I did it, it's all quite surreal that he's now next to me in a basket rather than kicking me in the ribs! we seem to have got the breatfeeding thing, he kept me up all night practicing and has slept since his last feed this morning pretty much. I'm expecting a busy night again.

So hopefully this is one of the nicer birth stories for anyone yet to do it!

Thanks everyone for support etc. on our way here, and I'm sure I'll be having plenty more questions very very soon!

Aww Congrats Hes sooo Cute and he was Born on my Birthday . Good Day to be Born

Awww im so happy that everything went well for you he is adorable!!
Congratulations! =D
Zoie x

well done and congratulations :D !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back