Journalish post: 6 1/2 months- Anterior placenta, forgetting you are pregnant

Etoille

DH+2 girls Maddy and Lily
Reaction score
I'm kind of in an introspective mood today and thought I would post a bit about where I am at this time in pregnancy. Maybe we will have a few correlations. :)

When we went in for our gender scan, 18 weeks for us, they diagnosed me with an anterior placenta. As many of you who have this condition know, it is rather harder to feel baby move for a significant portion of the day.

I can go through my morning and most of the afternoon not feeling a single poke or prod or hiccup! Yet at night she is kicking so much that I barely get a wink of sleep.

I'm not showing near as much as I thought I would be at 6 1/2 months along, and last night I bought some amazing Paris Blues maternity jeans with an over the belly band built in. I LOVE THEM.

They slim me!! They're not tight, they don't compress my belly at all, the band doesn't roll down like the 2 inch banded maternity pants did.

Last night, we played games with our friends at the kitchen table and I honestly forgot I was even pregnant till the LO finally kicked for the first time at 10 pm.

I'm pretty sure that the nesting has started though. I've been folding laundry straight out of the dryer, vacuuming every day and I've been so on top of the dishes that my kitchen is SPOTLESS.

These are things that sound normal, but through the first bit of my pregnancy I was very ill and things kind of fell behind. The house wasn't a disaster, but I certainly would have been embarrassed if we had been visited by company during that time.

I'm so ready to just hold her in my arms. To introduce her to her big sister, and to bring her home.

May our last weeks prove uneventful, may our children arrive healthy, may we all recover with speed.

Wow, is all great, your having a good pregnancy :). I dont have an anterior placenta but Iam very thankful for having very little pregnancy discomforts. Here is to a healthy and easy l&d for all of us.

God that would be horrible, I would totally freak until LO kicked or moved. I think I would be constantly phoning my MW :haha:

I too have anterior placenta and only feel my lil man kicking at my pelvis and have a nice definded bump that depending on the clothes am wearing you dont know wether I am fat or pregnant:) lately I have been choosing to wear clothes that accentuate the fact I am pregnant:)
i was thinking earlier that it would be nice to have the ribcage poke and the awkward pokes around my body but the placenta blocks it all and I am greatful that this baby has always carried so low so I get to feel him moving most of the day, he wiggle to his dads voice and when daddy gets up in the morning he seems to wake to and have a stretch or two:)
With my other 3 I had all the uncomfortable probes and feeling like my organs were being squeezed but not so far in this pregnancy.
Maybe thats why I feel somedays that this pregnancy is taking forever and then I berate myself and am thankful I am pregnant and can feel bubs moving his feet as some with the placenta blocking cant feel anything xx

I'm finding this baby is quite a bit quieter than my son. Maybe it's because he was transverse for quite some time but then I never stopped feeling him even after he moved. This girl can be quiet most of the day (no anterior placenta for me). I can't ever forget I'm pregnant though! Be it nausea, buckling joints, sciatica or smarting tummy muscles...!

I have an anterior placenta which meant that I didn't feel my baby's kick until a bit later than usual but now there's no doubt about it, when she stretches and sticks her foot or bottom way out, or when she's trying to get comfortable so my whole stomach does a Mexican wave - there's no forgetting that I'm pregnant. :cloud9:

Give it a while, when you're further along, feeling massive and exhausted then you'll not forget that you're pregnant. :haha:

I have an anterior placenta too, seems like there are a lot of us! As I never had this forst time round, I was used to quite a lot of big movements and this time I only feel little ones and they are always low down in my pelvis. I wish I could get some really big kicks and pokes like I did with my daughter!

I have days where I forget I am pregnant too! I just feel totally normal. Until I try to bend down and then I remember as my bump has started getting in the way!

When you properly hit the third trimester there will be no forgetting that you're pregnant - right now you're still enjoying the loveliness of second tri. :winkwink:

Yes, I remember getting really uncomfortable at about 35 weeks last time, but they do say the aches and pains are worse second time round. Hasn't been the case so far though!

It is hard having an anterior placenta but I have defintely started to feel more movement the last few days - my baby seems to lie with its body to the left of me, I don't how he is comfortable but seem to get little punches and kickes in my ribs ever so often. Just can't for him to be here now so I can hold him and see him.

I too have anterior placenta, and up until a couple of days ago I only really felt her kicking down below. The kicks to my cervix make me yelp with pain lol. But I've started feeling more and more ech day.
She was REALLY active for most of yesterday and even woke hubby up yesterday morning, but I think she tired herself out and has been quite quiet this morning.

I hired a doppler a couple of weeks back and that helps to reassure me that she's still in there and ok. Normally when I use it she starts kicking it out of the way, which I either feel or hear on the doppler.

I've also got Gestational Diabetes and am feeling extremely sorry for myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->