Juicing & Breastfeeding

motherearth23

Reaction score
Hello everybody. I've never posted in this section before, but I wanted to pop in and see if anyone had any experiences with juice fasts or simply adding juice to their diet while breastfeeding. When I say juice, I mean whole vegetables and fruits juiced with a machine to yield pure juice. I've read a few books on the subject, and I really want to try it out to get my vegetable and fruit intake up to where it should be. I follow a pretty standard American diet... lots of processed grains, lots of dairy, and lots of white sugar.

I'm due in July, and would love to start eating healthier and adding more exercise to my life. My real question here is... does juicing affect breastfeeding? How many extra calories do I really need to produce a good supply, and will cutting out processed foods, most dairy, and sugars be too drastic of a change to make while establishing my supply? I am a first time mum, so I have no idea what to expect for post partum. My own mother said she gorged on everything in sight when she was breastfeeding me, and that she felt hungry all the time.

Any advice, links to information, or input would be great!! :flower:

I've done juicing before and I'm currently pregnant, and personally I wouldn't do a juice cleanse for as long as my child is completely on breastmilk, I've heard mixed things about doing it once the child is partially weaned. I don't see any harm with adding juice to a normal diet though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->