July 2014 IVF Buddies

Amy I'm sure the Valium will do its job but planning nice things to do later with DH is a good idea. I always need something "nice" to look forward to when I'm scared of things.

Emmi - I haven't watched that in years! I'm having an "80s film fest" during my tww so have added that to my list :) as for the weather in the uk - crazy!!!

Plex, as I said before good luck xxx

Afm all ok. I was a crazy person yesterday, think maybe my own hormones, work stress and the whole ivf thing just got completely on top of me but today has been a better day. Off to do. My injection shortly and DH wants to listen to my hypnotherapy cd with me afterwards as he is jealous of how much sleep I've been getting since starting it lol

Xxx

Ahhhh Amy - there is so much to worry about and so much to make us nervous. I know that in those situations - it's good to try and relax the body. I am sure the valium will work well and doing nice things always helps with hubby.
Our weather is crazy - sunny and hot 1 minute and then torrential rain and thunder the next!!! You just don't know what to wear.

Lizzie - too funny - I have stockpiled all my fav films for the 2ww - 80's classics from Pretty Woman to the Breakfast Club to just some of my fav films like Bridesmaids, Bridget Jones, My Big Fat Greek wedding... Need to keep my mind busy busy in that horrendous 2ww!

I have so many hypnotherapy cd's - some work better than others. My mind is like a lit bunch of fireworks at the moment and I need to switch of big time. Seems like such a long way to go with so many thoughts and emotions.
I think it's just natural to have good days and bad days..... I really do feel for my lovely hubby - when he comes home - he never knows if he is being greeted by Mary Poppins or Cruella De Vile!!!

xxx

Plex - just wanted to wish you luck for your biopsy tomorrow. When will you have the results?

Thanks! I'll have the results in about 3 weeks so just in time to start the steroids after collection if needed :thumbup: xx

Emmi - down regging gave me lots of bloating too and i felt like the injecting was going on forever!! Its hard to find a not injected spot especially once stimms start lol I do have plenty of tummy to use though :haha: How much longer with the down reg do u have left now? xx

Amy - :hugs: hope all goes well with you on friday hun - doesnt sound like a pleasant procedure :( hopefully you'll get that nice meal out in the end! xx

Lizzy - ooo that hypnotherapy cd sounds fab! which one have you got? I always struggle to get to sleep - think its having so much on my mind xx

I really do feel for my lovely hubby - when he comes home - he never knows if he is being greeted by Mary Poppins or Cruella De Vile!!!

xxx
:haha: oh the joys of injectibles xx

1st IVF in July. 34 years old. I lost a tube due to an ectopic in June 2012. The other tube is hydrosalpinx. I'm on birth control pills now.

:hi: Dauson - welcome :) good luck for your cycle! Are you doing long or short protocol? xx

Dauson - welcome :flower:

Plex - I'm using one called the ivf belief cd by dr Helen McPherson. I've tried a few others but the voices annoyed me. Experiment with DH listening last night didn't go well though! All I could here was him rustling about so he is banned tonight until after I've done it!

Emmi - yesterday was definitely Mary poppins so dread to think who today's personality will be.

Hope everyone has a good day xxxx

Lizzie - Im now going onto amazon to check it out!! :D how long do u listen to it for? xx

I had my biopsy done today and it wasnt great but at least its done now. On a down side for today paid for my meds - (i need them asap)onlyto be told that the clexane im getting is only 20mg and not 40mg like it should be - that means 2 yes TWO injections instead of one........ :grr: apparently they sting like heck too so wudve preferred 1 injection!! Also ill be taking 4 injections a day!!!!! too damn many injections.......

Ladies, my doctor wants to skip the fresh transfer and go straight to FET... he says the success rates are 5-10% higher with frozen blastocysts... what does your doctor say about this? Im 31, so Im not sure it would make that much of a difference...

Plex - whaaat??! That's crazy, can't they supply you the 40mg from somewhere else? As for the CD its in three parts so im only on the down regging one at the minute which lasts for about 25 minutes. I found ti difficult to settle my mind last night and got irritated with myself so didn't drift off to it like I have been doing although I have to say that as soon as I put my ipod away I must have gone to sleep because DH said I was fast on when he came up.

haliewamama - I have heard that a lot of places like to do FET. I think there is a higher success rate because your body has time to recover form all the egg production and recovery before going ahead with transfer. Emmi probably knows a bit more when she stops by.

I'm feeling better today, felt lousy yesterday but either acupuncture has helped or I've manned up a bit as im typing this whilst travelling backwards on a 100mph train without feeling too sick lol. Eating seems to help too which is a worry for my bloated waistline!

hope everyone else is ok xxx

Hello Ladies,

Awww Plex - that really sucks!! But am sure that if you have to do 2/4 injections - you will manage, we surprise ourselves with what we will do for something we want so badly...

haliewamama - a fet transfer has a higher success rate indeed so don't worry and don't panic! It sounds like your clinic want to do the best for you so please don't google too much and scare yourself.

Lizzie - glad you are feeling better! I am so bloated and want to eat everything and anything!! AF would be due today but am sure will be delayed because of the burserelin.....How ironic that the only time I want AF to arrive - it will be bloody late!!!! Grrrrrrr....

xxxx

Ugh Plex, sorry to hear that! But congratulations on being done with the biopsy. One step closer.

Haliewamama - I've heard of that too. My doctor hasn't mentioned it, but then again he generally only gives me small chunks of information at a time, when I need it. So I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't bring that up until later, when we see how my body has responded to things. I would think it would be frustrating to have to wait longer and do another cycle for the FET, but it does seem appealing to transfer when your body is less stressed.

Halei - My doc tells me that the chances reduce but only slightly with a frozen transfer but then all clinics have different success rates so its more than likely the case where u are :D xx

Lizzie - still havent looked for that cd :dohh: was going to but got distracted lol The clexane shot is partly my fault as i paid for the lot before i realised the mistake so hopefully the double shot thing will only be short lived :D

Its great that your doing/feeling better too xx

Emmi - True i think i'll man up to however many injections i have to take - eyes on the prize and all that :thumbup:

Im rooting for af to hurry the hell up for you hun! Its sods law, when u want it here its late and when you want it late its early :grr: damn af xx

Amy - have you been through all ur meds and things? So exciting!!! xx

Im really bloated today - think its cos of the biopsy :( I feel internally bruised :cry: poor lil me lolol

Yep, I've gotten all of my meds and I'll be talking them over with the nurse after my trial transfer / hysteroscopy this Friday.

We have this trunk-like coffee table in our living room with hardly anything in it, so I decided to make that my IVF Organization area. I have sections for each type of medication, a section for paperwork, a section for needles and stuff, and a miscellaneous area for things like pregnancy tests. It makes me happy. Sometimes I open it just to admire my organization.

Plex, hope you wake up healed from your internal bruising. That doesn't sound fun. :(

:haha: Im the same Amy, although i have various blue bags that i section into each med with enough needles and syringes. Ive got a little pack thing that ill then put my daily dose of meds in :) Theres something oddly satisfying about sorting through the meds, kind get that christmas feeling :D xx

Hi ladies! I tried to read back a few pages to catch up lol
I'm new here!

Hoping to do IVF in July. I have my education day on Friday, so I'll find out then.
I have NO idea what I'm doing! <3
There is SO much to know and learn about IVF.

I'm happy to find a place where we can talk about it all together!

So let me jump right in lol
I want to do IVF in July, but they said something about being on bc pills for 3 weeks at the start of your cycle (that will be the very end of June). How can I be on bc for 3 weeks and still get a cycle in? Am I confused?

Oh Amy - that really made me smile - that you like to open up your trunk to look at your organisation :) I was super organised for my first IVF but for this one - am a bit more....well, lets just say that my meds are still in the cardboard box that they arrived in ;-)

Plex - how are you feeling today??? Hope that you are feeling less sore.

Lizzie - how's you doing today?? Mary Poppins or Cruella?? I am more Humpty Dumpty - feel totally roly poly!!! Still no AF even though I had some spotting last night - I am literally going bananas!

Hi Rayeanne!

They really will explain everything to you on Friday, I know how daunting it all is when you don't have all the information. Yes - I have heard of ladies having to go on the pill before IVF but I am not sure of why etc. But try and not use Dr Google too much as you can get a bit overloaded with everything.

But welcome aboard!

x

Rayeanne - :hi: Hiya - good luck for you cycle when it starts!

The frustrating thing about ivf is that it seems every clinic has a different way of doing things :grr: like Emmi says you'll get the majority of your answers on fri from the nurses :) For example im taking northisterone to induce a period then ill have a baseline scan either day 1, 2 or 3 then start stimms straight away - short protocol. Even when i did a long protocol i never took bcp. I think some clinics like to have them in the protocol, think it helps shut everything down so to speak :D xx

Emmi - Im alot better today thanks! Impatient to start!! Still no af?? That would truely drive me insane! ill do a little 'bring on af dance' for you - :bunny: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->