July Jelly Beans of 2014! *16 pink bumps, 18 blue bumps, 8 yellow bumps** (24 here)

I'm only a few days ahead of you, leash, and only felt the first STRONG kick last night. I felt flutters and flips from about 8-9 weeks, but last night was the distinct, felt-on-the-outside kick for the first time.

Thanks ladies!

Just listened in on the doppler and her heartbeat was pounding away really strong I guess she's just a lazy madam like her mama :)

X

Hi all.
I'm due 12th of July with a baby boy. Still debating names with DH so will update once we decide.
Also, DH felt his first baby movements last night! It was a complete roll I've and freaked him out a little but then he couldn't stop touching hoping to feel it again lol. Also both our mums felt the movements too last night. Still quite light but definitly felt.

Our name is Christian Alexander. It feels kinda weird calling him by his name now.

I am feeling stronger movements today. I am hoping DH can start feeling them. He has been asking for weeks if he can. I took him to finish up our registry, he was so excited and wanted everything. It was hard to get him to focus. I did eventually cave and let him buy a matching onesie and bib.

Lol, I know what you mean, Krissie. I keep wanting to call him Freckle on here when I know I can call him Kesler or Kes. I ALMOST slipped to my brother today though when I said "the boys" will go in the middle row of the van. He didn't pick it up, thankfully.

Front page updated to here.

20 week scan today, cant believe im still team yellow!! I wanted to ask so badly!! Heres the piccies I got and a bump pic.

Attachments

• 20140217_112520.jpg
    20140217_112520.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 20140217_112446.jpg
    20140217_112446.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 2014-02-17 12.09.14-1.jpg
    2014-02-17 12.09.14-1.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 7
I had my ultrasound and it is a girl! I'm very excited to start looking for lots of pink things and bows! Not sure on a name yet.

Also if you could add me, team pink due July 15th.

Attachments

• PicsArt_1392488860595 (2).jpg
    PicsArt_1392488860595 (2).jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 1
Hooray shiny new thread :) I'm due July 14th, finding out gender on Feb 26th hopefully.

I'm starting to feel stronger kicks on the inside now but nothing on the outside yet. All the kicks are down low so I don't really have a chance to feel them outside as much xxx

Hello Ladies....

I am here lol

I had a family reunion yesterday and the heat in Cape Town at the moment is ridiculous... It was 40degrees yesterday and I could not eat, as I was getting to hot, and had a pounding headache,

My dad, was so upset, said "YOU ARE PREGNANT, YOU NEED TO EAT!!" Lol, the old man....

So I had a piece of chicken and noodle salad....

Ty fetched me, and got me some ice cream...

Got home to find out my little Bonnie is on heat, and Clyde tried to mount her, and I almost had heart failure, as she is so little and almost 4 months old.....

I´m due 24th July. 17 weeks at the mo so won´t find out gender until the 20 week scan. :)

Attachments

• 17 weeks.jpg
    17 weeks.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 6
Oooh, a new thread! I have missed a lot over the last three days. I've yet to catch up properly with everyone's posts so sorry if i've missed anything.

Littleminx - congrats on being team pink. I would be going nuts buying little dresses if I knew I was having a girl!

Brandi - glad to hear everything is ok after your scare. You must have been really worried.

Tymeg - what a lovely way to come up with your daughter's name. It's really beautiful.

MumLtd - Lovely scan photos. Yay, another team yellow!

July Baby - Another great scan photo and I absolutely love the bow on her hair!

Linny, Tymeg, IMBHJ, Gigde, MumLtd - Lovely bump pictures. I'm feeling incredibly fat and frumpy at the moment! Everyone else's bumps look a lot neater than mine seems to!

Tulip - I thought of you and your husband going on a small plane this morning. Our flight home was delayed until 9.50 and my 20 scan was booked for 10am, so we decided to get an alternative airline which we had never flown on before. OMG, i have never been on a plane like it. It sat 15 and was like a long bullet. There were individual doors on both sides for every three rows of seats, which you climbed directly into. The seats rows tipped forward like in a 2 door car to let people into the row behind and there was no aisle at all. You just climbed straight out! I have posted some pictures as it was just too funny not to share! It left on time though, which was the important thing so we got to the hospital in plenty of time.

AFM, we are Team Yellow and are due on 10 July. I spoke to the clinic this morning in relation to a genetic test I'd had done and the lady asked me if I wanted to know the sex as she had it in front of her. I practically screamed "NO" as I thought she was about to let it slip. It seems weird that someone else knows and I don't though! It is tempting to find out, but I really love surprises and don't often get many!

We had a lovely weekend in Guernsey. We eventually got away on Saturday morning, so only lost one evening of the trip. It was an absolutely tiny island (I thought the island we live on was small at just 6 miles by 9 miles, but this one was minute!). The weather was awful on Saturday and most site seeing places were closed (it seems Guernsey closes for the winter!) but we still had a lovely time. We pigged out completely and had a great afternoon tea yesterday I'm still stuffed from the trip. We also managed to pick up some cute bits for JB, including some gorgeous heavily discounted baby girl's cardigans that were just too much of a bargain not to buy in Jojo Maman.

Our scan this morning was fantastic. Given the risk of the baby having Di George Syndrome, the scan was done by our consultant and he gave the heart, palette and all other major organs a detailed examination and, fingers' crossed, everything looks fine. He looked absolutely horrified though when I said I was thinking about having a home birth…! It was so sweet seeing all of JB's little limbs, hands and feet. He's got his daddy's thighs by the looks of things. He's weighing approx 11oz, so like a medium sized steak! I didn't really get a great photo, but we got a great view on the screen. I think I may have inadvertently spotted HIS private bits. I wouldn't have known what to look for if I hadn't seen lots of scan photos online, but perhaps I was mistaken. Only time will tell!

Attachments

• Plane 1.jpg
    Plane 1.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 3
  • Plane 2.jpg
    Plane 2.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Plane 3.jpg
    Plane 3.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 3
Glad you ended up having a good time on your weekend, Frustrated!! That plane is so tiny and cute! We definitely don't have them that small here, lol.

Front page updated to here!

As for the new thread, we moved over so that we could keep the front page updated. I know it was something we desired, to keep track of teams and due dates and stuff, and I know in the past, someone had tried contacting admins about taking over the thread and never heard back, and personally, I had tried to contact the OP about updating the front page, and noticed visitor messages about the same with no response and no updates. I never heard back but saw posts elsewhere, so figured this was probably easiest and best...move over to a new one, lol.

I think the new thread is an absolutely fabulous idea! Thanks for setting it up Brandi

For all you fellow team yellows - are any of you struggling with nursery decoration ideas? I can't find any bedding which doesn't seem to be grey, cream or beige all of which are a bit dull for me! Some places in the US seem to have more choice (such as Pottery Barn), but I don't want to order and incur high shipping costs just to find out that I don't like it when it arrives.

Thanks for the new thread Brandi :thumbup: My due date was moved back to July 6th and I am team :yellow: Had my scan today and resisted the urge!

As for the team yellow nursery, I love eau de nil/duck egg colours, but we have decided to go for a jungle/hot air balloon themed nursery to bring a bit of the outdoors indoors with the use of mobiles, hanging decorations and wall decals. I was really inspired by a nursery I found online in a blog.
https://creativetradition.blogspot.com/2013/08/ajaxs-woodland-adventure-gender-neutral.html

I love hot air balloons and how colourful they are. DH and I met in Bristol and it's also where LO was conceived so I thought it was quite nice to pay homage to the Bristol Hot Air Balloon festival. I also found an awesome free tutorial to make the hot air balloons myself.

I've also seen some awesome, Grey/White/Yellow nurseries. I'd think of a theme that appeals to you and go from there. I wanted something that would really trigger my child's imagination - and thought all children love animals and adventures. We don't have much wildlife around us and thought it would be fun to bring it into their room.

Let me know what you come up with! I can't wait to start decorating the nursery :happydance:

I have a friend who painted her baby's room a sky blue, and then at the bottom, had tall green grass. Through different areas of the room, she added trees and vines, and then had monkeys and elephants and other jungle animals roaming and swinging. It turned out REALLY cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->