July Jelly Beans of 2014! *16 pink bumps, 18 blue bumps, 8 yellow bumps** (24 here)

Brandi, how come your 20 weeks scan is so early? I thought you have to be between 20 and 22 weeks to have it done?

Here it's between 18 weeks and 22 weeks. I asked for earlier so I could get in on the baby sales, but ended up paying for a private ultrasound to find out the gender.

LOL....I cant wait for the 4th March, we will be 21 weeks by then, but that was the only appointment I could get, but then we see the gynae on the 7th again...

Still due July 11th and just found out yesterday-TEAM PINK! She also switched it over to 3D which was cool and creepy at the same time (since I'm just under 20 weeks and the baby is still so skinny; not chubby baby face). I'll change my profile pic to it so I can creep everyone out!

I just hope the actual ultrasound goes quickly. It's on the other side of town, at 2:15pm. My kids get off the bus at 3pm, lol. But that was the earliest appointment that they had when the midwife office called to book. Then my next midwife appointment is March 6.

Another snowstorm here today and another failure by the school board by cancelling only one of five zones today. All schools open, all busses running. My kids' bus was half an hour late. Wonder how late it'll be this afternoon cuz it's REALLY coming down.

Still due July 11th and just found out yesterday-TEAM PINK! She also switched it over to 3D which was cool and creepy at the same time (since I'm just under 20 weeks and the baby is still so skinny; not chubby baby face). I'll change my profile pic to it so I can creep everyone out!

Ah Pooch, I think she looks really sweet and that little hand is just adorable! Not creepy at all. I must admit I thought our baby's face looked a little odd yesterday. I think it's the way they keep moving the picture in and out so that it appears distorted! Congrats on being team pink! There now seem to be more girls than boys!

Congrats on your little girl!

I am hoping we get a 3D scan picture. Does anyone know when they typically do those?

I'm going for mine at 28 weeks. It's costing me $200. Ouch. But I've done one for all three of my kids, so number 4 needs one too, lol. They say 26-32 weeks is best.

Pooch, didn't catch you earlier. Will go add you.

Congrats on team pink Pooch!

My Mommy is a total life saver. So my cheque still didn't come in today. I'm still below the empty line with two kids and myself having appointments over the next two days (pay day is Thursday so the lack of gasoline and money doesn't help before then). I called to find out about the cheque and they said they can't do anything about it being AWOL until Thursday. If I haven't seen it by then, they can cancel it and track it. If it's not cashed, they'll reissue it and have me pick it up. If has was stolen/lost and cashed, they have to open an investigation to find where it went, claim it back, then reissue it which can take up to a month.

Anyway, my mom just bailed me out completely. She couldn't help me last week but with two kids having appointments (the third kid I reschedule for next week cuz the appointment is out of town), she sent me $50 on the basis that I pay her back Thursday when Baby Bonus comes in. $10 would have been enough for gas to make appointments and such, but at least this way, I can also grab a few food items. I love my Mommy so much.

Congrats on team pink Pooch!

In regards to weight gain, this link really reassured me

https://www.askdrsears.com/topics/p...g-weight/9-common-questions-about-weight-gain

Thought I'd share it in case it's of interest to anyone else. Basically affirms that it's normal to have growth spurts! Still.. never a bad thing to move a bit more and eat a bit less sugar! :haha:

It's kind of an odd feeling having had the 20 week scan, I don't know what to look forward to next aside from the birth, and that still seems a bit far away! Although I'm looking forward to reaching 24 weeks and v day.

It all seems so real now. I'm not just pregnant. I'm having a baby! Has anyone else had this kind of feeling? :haha:

My Mommy is a total life saver. So my cheque still didn't come in today. I'm still below the empty line with two kids and myself having appointments over the next two days (pay day is Thursday so the lack of gasoline and money doesn't help before then). I called to find out about the cheque and they said they can't do anything about it being AWOL until Thursday. If I haven't seen it by then, they can cancel it and track it. If it's not cashed, they'll reissue it and have me pick it up. If has was stolen/lost and cashed, they have to open an investigation to find where it went, claim it back, then reissue it which can take up to a month.

Anyway, my mom just bailed me out completely. She couldn't help me last week but with two kids having appointments (the third kid I reschedule for next week cuz the appointment is out of town), she sent me $50 on the basis that I pay her back Thursday when Baby Bonus comes in. $10 would have been enough for gas to make appointments and such, but at least this way, I can also grab a few food items. I love my Mommy so much.

Thats so sweet of her, moms are the best! Sorry your having such an issue with the previous employer about the check.

Going baby shopping with the in-laws before they leave the country for 5 months. Lets see what I come back with :D They said I can buy whatever but I don't want to be greedy.

At this point, it's not their fault. They sent it out, so they did their part. Now there's really only three things that could have happened: It got lost en route, it was stolen (mail HAS been stolen from our community mailboxes before), or it's still in processing and is delayed.

Just frustrating that I've had to straggle by for the last week, selling clothes and toys for a few dollars a piece so I can get to the gas station up the hill and put a litre or two into my tank and get by for a day. I regifted my son's birthday presents to his friends over the weekend cuz I couldn't afford to buy them something. I made my son make both kids a card, cuz I barely had enough gas to get him to the party two kilometres away, let alone the dollar store 10km away to buy one. My ex ended up dropping him off at the other birthday party across town cuz I couldn't make it out there once.

Just been a struggle the last week. Would be less of one if my ex paid his child support. This week should start to be better. I cut my daughter down to part time daycare so instead of $125 a week, it's now $70. I still owe the babysitter for last week though.

Can't wait for my tax refund. Pay all the debts off and then acquire my last big baby item, spree up on clothing for my little man, and move forward without the struggles.

Cally - know exactly what you mean! I'm excited for V day, but like you it's a bit like - well now there's 20 whole weeks stretching out with nothing to do but get enormous :haha: . I hear you on the 'having a baby' thing too... You'd think it'd have been obvious from the start but now it's like I actually realise what were doing lol.

Brandi - sorry moneys a problem ATM, but your mum sounds like a good egg. X

Great to see the front page filling up again!

Congrats on team pink pooch!

I haven't weighed myself since the MW weighed me at my booking in appointment. I don't want to stress over gaining too much or not enough. I think eat well enough, I am sticking to 3 meals a day with the odd takeaway as a treat here and there. I mainly snack on fruit in between but lately I have a thing for pickled onion crisps lol. I sound like such a cliche but I cannot get enough of them !

I have woken up this morning with aching pains down the back of my thighs, it's been so bad I am groaning when I stand up. I thought they may have subsided by now but feels like they are getting worse. Also been having some strange pains in my pelvic/groin area, it's not painful as such but more of a niggle. I hope it's just princess having a good old stretch!!

X

I'm due July 10 with a boy Brandi.

I feel so bad not having been on the boards lately...just kinda been in a blah mood. Nothing particular going on really, nothing out of the ordinary. I'll be 20wks Thursday. We are going out of town in 2.5wks to elope and have a lil spring break vacation with my youngest daughter. I'm trying to plan the elopement but it's hard when I've never been to the town we are going so I've no clue about where to do it at. UGH And I've got to send my baby shower ideas to the bestie and the sis in law who are throwing it for us. My bestie was thinking of rubber duckies UH NOOOO. My fiancée is traditional but not that damn traditional! LOL We want bowties/ties and mustaches becuz he is our lil man! Need to start on the baby room soon now that the mother in law has moved out. Guess I just feel a lil overwhelmed with those things plus I am about to be unemployed. Just a lil nerve-wracking that's all. Hope everyone had a nice Valentine's Day. We just went to a local restaurant and ate. Nothing major as we treated ourselves the week before with a trip out of town.

I hope everyone is doing well. I've started showing more. I have only felt him some as I've an anterior placenta. No major aches or pains. My lower back will ache if I've over done it on the housework. I've also noticed I get short of breath when I'm excited and talking about something lol.

Hi everyone, I am due 31st July and team yellow just now :happydance:

Added you, Sassy!

Guess we're pretty even on boys and girls, eh? For a while it seemed like the boys were pulling ahead, lol.

Got my ultrasound tomorrow and at least this time, I'll get to walk away with photos. I'm going to ask the tech for a potty shot because there is no way in hell my mom is going to believe the gender reveal without proof, lol. Gender reveal will be Thursday and I'm going to get a video of it so I'll post it when it's done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->