July Mamas! 101 Due in 2015! ! 37 babies born 23 boys 14 girls <3

Dan-o - I have an icandy cherry from dd. SO tempted to upgrade & get a raspberry or strawberry but oh would have a fit!!

Tasha - 30 next month??! I had assumed you were older - only because your pic is groundskeeper willy!! :rofl: Do you have any nice birthday plans?

Afm - possibly had a Braxton hicks this morning. I don't think I had any with dd. it felt like lots of pressure for a minute & then was gone. Could have been baby moving or pressing on something though. For those who have had bh - how can you tell??

Sounds like you need it to me dano :rofl:

K4th how do you find your icandy? I really want the icandy strawberry 2, I love it so much but Mothercare doesn't have it in stock (and hasn't since at least Christmas). We get a discount there which means over £100 off so I really don't want to go any where else.

Hahaha, My six year old this morning asked if something took me back 90 years, so I may well be older than 30 :haha: I'm not sure, I don't do parties, were meant to be going abroad in May half term for it but obviouy not now.

Mine are just tightenings but that makes it feel like pressure iykwim?

:haha: cheeky little 6 yr old :winkwink:

I love my icandy. We had a graco first & bought the cherry when dd was around 3 months old. It's so lightweight & is easy to push with just one hand, with a good sized basket at the bottom. The only downside is it doesn't fold down in one - but the strawberry & raspberry do I think. I wouldn't have anything else :)

You can save up the "30th holiday" & use it next year. I've just been out to a friends 30th - she was 30 last June though. She just postponed while she was pregnant & her ds was little & cashed in the night out later - leaving her oh to babysit :haha:

Ahhh, I'd love to be 30 again lol :haha:

I get definite braxton hicks, my uterus goes rock hard and vac packs the baby!! I've started getting them after sneezing and standing up with a full bladder. Sometimes baby rolls over and I get one. Orgasm also would set one off, but we are still a bit scared to do anything like that after being on pelvic rest and bleeding for so long!
My midwife palpated me quite hard on Thursday, that gave me one too. (Not sure why she did that as she didn't even measure my fundal height, but hey ho)

Yeah the strawberry 2 def folds in one piece. It's also a bargain (imo) so your OH needs to let you get it for that reason :haha: I think it's going to be the strawberry 2 or the bee3 but the lack of foot rest puts me off. Hmmm.

That's a good plan k4th :)

Odd she would do that dano, it's not like babies position is important atm x

Oh so much to catch up on, I don't even know where I left off! Things here are so hectic and I'm back to puking constantly so...fun...

Hope everyone is doing ok, sorry I don't have time to read back, but hopefully will catch up later.

:hugs: today Tasha... but yay for 3rd trimester!

Gosh that's horrid medzi :( hope it doesn't last :hugs:

Tasha I've been under her since 2008 and never been happy with her care. I need to just smile and nod on my remaining 3/4 appts with her, they are all an irrelevant waste of time anyway!

Ive been having Braxton hicks since about week 12 or so. I actually had one during an appointment and the doc told me that's what it was. Mine feel like a tightening in my abdomen and my uterus gets rock hard. When it's over the little one moves like crazy so I bet it squishes him in some and he has to make room again.

I had what I thought were Braxton hick contractions all day yesterday but toward the end of the night I could tell that they were actually labor contractions. I drank a bunch of water and took a warm bath which seemed to have helped some but boy oh boy did they hurt. If they would have continued through the night I would have gone in this morning.

Yeah the strawberry 2 def folds in one piece. It's also a bargain (imo) so your OH needs to let you get it for that reason :haha: I think it's going to be the strawberry 2 or the bee3 but the lack of foot rest puts me off. Hmmm.

That's a good plan k4th :)

Odd she would do that dano, it's not like babies position is important atm x

:rofl: I'll run that by him lol!!

Medzi - sorry you're back to being sick frequently :hugs:

I was bored last night so I went to the store to browse every baby isle. I was so tempted to buy everything I need but my showers in 20 days only thing I did buy was a pack of wipes because we are testing the brands to see which we like best for him! Lol I can't believe I'm 4 days away til 3rd tri! We decided next week we are going to take our tripoid out and take some pictures of us to celebrate :)

I really thought I'd be a lot bigger at this stage but I'm wondering if I will have a big growth spurt in the next two weeks. My weight gain depresses me lol but I'm just going to keep working out and forgot about it, maybe I'm gaining muscle weight :p

Glad your contractions stopped jrepp!! Are you going to call someone & let them know that happened?? That would really freak me out :hugs:

Hugs Medzi, I hope it stops soon! Thank you for the hugs.

Not many to get through now dano.

Def get seen if that happens again jrepp, I think they say if they're regular of last over two hours

I was really scared! My appointment is Thursday so I'll let them know then otherwise theybwill just tell me to come in to Ob intake to be checked out which seems like a waste unless it happens again.

Jrepp that's scarey! I had episodes like that quite a lot with DS2 but the same things you tried worked each time for me as well! He came at 38w (37 by ovulation) after I had a BH episode that just didn't quit x

Babyv, I've gained more than I'd like too as well. About a stone at this point. My bump isn't very impressive despite the gain. I reckon it's half baby and half fat judging by my thighs and bottom :haha:

How much have you gained baby v and everyone else?

I'm still living in denial & refusing to step on the scales or look when the midwife weighs me :rofl: ignorance is bliss!!! BUT I couldn't fit in some of my actual MATERNITY trousers the other day :blush: so I may have gained a little which is not water or baby (or muscle babyv!! Love that! :winkwink: )

Hubby is pretty slim & I can't bear to think I'm nearly at (or beyond!) his weight. So denial will just have to continue unless it's raised as an issue at an appointment.

K4th my husband is thin too, I'm past his weight already. :/ I'm hoping to be under 170 at my appointment tomorrow but I'm not hopeful. (Started at 142 or so) I can't believe how much weight I've gained... It's usually very hard for me to gain weight!

I've only gained 8lbs, but the doctor assured me that the babies are fine and taking what they need.

Jrepp, so scary! Definitely go get checked if it happens again.

Tasha, as of 24 weeks, I'd gained 24 pounds. My dr says I'm not over the recommended weight gain yet (they like to see 25-35 pound gain by the end of the pregnancy), but since it's still so early and I've already gained that much I should cut calories. Funny thing is I exercise and I don't over indulge that often. She says a lot could be water weight. I believe it; my feet and ankles have been swelling, and I tend to retain water. Who knows.

AFM, baby's been more quiet the past couple of days. She's still moving around, but I think she switched positions. Of course I'm thinking too much about it though, especially being away from home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->