July Mamas! 101 Due in 2015! ! 37 babies born 23 boys 14 girls <3

Going to the dentist today for filling :( Kinda nervous its my very back tooth and when I had my front filling two weeks ago they had me laying pretty flat on my back. It was a quick fix, no meds needed, and only like 15 mins but I was starting to feeling weird laying on my back. This one will require numbing and an hour of work, there is no way I can lay that flat on my back again for that long. Hopefully they work with me! I'm also worried about the numbing meds being pregnant.

Babyvaughan- I feel your pain I had the dentist this morning, had a small filling but need a tooth right at the back taken out but he won't touch me until after the baby is born, can't you have the filling done in two sittings?

Keyval- lovely name!

Livvy- good luck! Have mine in two days :(

Well I don't think I'll do that again in subsequent pregnancies. My sugar always runs low anyway so I don't know why I didn't refuse it this time. The drink spiked my blood pressure, making it way higher than normal, plus the doctor took forever so it was more like an hour and a half before I had my blood drawn. -sigh- on the bright side, the doctor guessed boy based on heartrate, and the lab tech who drew my blood guessed boy based on me having a lower sex drive! Ahhh! I hope it's a boy but I won't be mad if it isn't :)

Babyvaughan- I feel your pain I had the dentist this morning, had a small filling but need a tooth right at the back taken out but he won't touch me until after the baby is born, can't you have the filling done in two sittings?

Keyval- lovely name!

Livvy- good luck! Have mine in two days :(

I'm not sure, I'm just going to go to my appointment ask them to put me at angle or pillow under my back. My appointments in an hour I really dislike getting teeth work done I don't knoe why but I always have dreaded even though I've gone through plenty worse with my health condition lol.

Keyval - Love the name! <3

I have gained about 13 lbs so far. Is that normal? I really don't know what is the normal weight gain for this time. But I feel pretty good (besides this darn head cold/congestion). Everyone says I really am glowing. I also noticed my acne really has gone away which is awesome :)

A lot of people have told me I look small for 6 months. I think I look normal and the doctor said my baby's size is right on track. He was 12 oz at my 20 week scan.
She said he was in the 50th percentile- that is ok right?

Hope everyone has a good day! Congrats to those hitting the 3rd trimester! I am jealous - I've got a few more weeks to go for that .

I have gained about 13 lbs so far. Is that normal? I really don't know what is the normal weight gain for this time. But I feel pretty good (besides this darn head cold/congestion). Everyone says I really am glowing. I also noticed my acne really has gone away which is awesome :)

A lot of people have told me I look small for 6 months. I think I look normal and the doctor said my baby's size is right on track. He was 12 oz at my 20 week scan.

Hope everyone has a good day! Congrats to those hitting the 3rd trimester! I am jealous - I've got a few more weeks to go for that .

From what I know 50% means your baby is perfectly avg weight, only if its low number like under 20% I believe is when they worry! My baby was 14oz at my 20w6d scan within two weeks later he was 1lb 4oz 85th percentile! Lol

Babyv- Ok cool - The doctor said it was great but I just like to know the numbers :)
That's awesome! Sounds like a healthy baby :)

Today I start my inpatient stay, I'm at the hospital now.
I have 2 NST's a day and an ultrasound every other day.

I had my 2 hour glucose test this morning, I should get the results back tonight.

Beautiful name Keyval!

Good luck Tonya. I hope the stay isn't too bad and that everything ends up alright in the end!

AFM, down to the last two days of vacation. It's been so nice to be away. Also last day of 2nd tri today yay! I'm excited! :D

I had my 2 hour glucose test this morning, I should get the results back tonight.

Good luck with everything Tonya - How long do you have to stay in the hospital? When do you deliver?

We have decided on a name :) Amelia rose :)

Gorgeous name!

Well I don't think I'll do that again in subsequent pregnancies. My sugar always runs low anyway so I don't know why I didn't refuse it this time. The drink spiked my blood pressure, making it way higher than normal, plus the doctor took forever so it was more like an hour and a half before I had my blood drawn. -sigh- on the bright side, the doctor guessed boy based on heartrate, and the lab tech who drew my blood guessed boy based on me having a lower sex drive! Ahhh! I hope it's a boy but I won't be mad if it isn't :)

Im sorry! I hope everything comes back clear. Have you done any of the gender prediction stuff?

I would say that your weight gain is probably right on track. As long as you are gaining weight at an adequate pace I think you'll be ok. From my understanding 50% is spot on for where you should be. If the baby is measuring much larger or smaller than that, that's when the concern comes in. I personally look incredibly large for my gestational age, but my uterus and the baby have been measuring spot on. He was on the lower side for weight at 30% but that may have changed.

Good luck!

Jrepp, I've looked at some of them but I don't believe in any of that really. It'll be so fun to find out. :) only 12ish more weeks!

Keyval gorgeous name.

Livvy what a nightmare. Boy from low sex drive? Mine was very high with mine, I thought boy hormones would do that!?!

I hope it went well babyv.

Baby girl everyone tell me I'm small too but I have fortnightly growth scans and baby is growing perfectly so bump size is not an indication at all. but your weight gain and baby's growth sounds perfect.

Tonya, good luck and make sure you keep us up todate.

Bubble, enjoy the last few days of your holiday. Yay for the last day of 2nd tri.

I had a cervix scan today. It was bloody awful walking into the hospital knowing that four years ago I was walking in to a scan and that scan confirmed my baby had died at 24 weeks. However the cervix scan went well, shortening of my cervix but they expect that at this gestation and as there was no funnelling or change at all when they put pressure on my tummy, all is good. Did the normal swabs etc. Then they did an abdominal scan, and actually I'm glad I had a scan today seeing baby's hb was exactly what I needed.

That is so reassuring Tasha- Glad the cervix scan went well. I am sorry you had to feel awful walking in there though . :( I would feel the same way. But sounds like things are looking great. I know you may have stated earlier in the thread and I may have asked you also , but did they ever know the cause of the baby to die at 24 weeks?

Thank you babygirl. My 24+3 little girl was early onset of severe iugr (growth restriction). She was very small (only weighed 340 grams at 24+3, that's just under 12 ozs) and her placenta was tiny. They took me off my blood thinning medication at 16 weeks and she was a good size then so we think it must of been that (I told them at the time not to take me off). My 36+6 loss was because of medical negligence also.

Wow Tasha- I am so sorry :( You have been through so much.
Not to sound nosey, but I hope there was a lawsuit or 2? Are you going to a different hospital now?

The first stillbirth (my 36+6 loss) we did take them to court, only because they wouldn't apologise (in fact she said she'd do it all again) and refused to make chances to prevent it happening to another family, when we settled out of court it was with the agreement they apologised and they changed protocols around premature rupture of membranes (I was left for eight weeks with no waters) and they also changed how the sonographers are trained (her tummy was over measured by 10cm six days before she died). I'm happy that no one else will go through the same as we did at that hospital. I didn't go back to that hospital. My second stillbirth we didn't sue, because the apologised straight off and then told us what they were going to change to make sure it didn't happen again (not take those with clotting disorders go without clexane, also retrained some people on writing in notes because there poor notes meant I ended up with a dvt and that could of potentially cost me my life, they've now added a new bits to notes there to make it absolutely clear if a lady should be on blood thinners at any point during there pregnancy or after), again I feel happy knowing no one will go through what we did but I felt no need to go the legal route as they were willing to learn from their mistakes. I'm at that hospital now but my care has been amazing.

Wow, Tasha you have had a hard journey, you are such a strong lady!! I'm glad your scan today went well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->