July Mamas! 101 Due in 2015! ! 37 babies born 23 boys 14 girls <3

28 weeks bump... I've gained 4 lbs so far but I still get sick everyday (I feel your pain Medzi)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 23
21lbs! :/ I was aiming for 30 my whole pregnancy lol. My boobs have grown and babies on bigger side but I wish I was about 5lbs less. I don't want extra to have to work off especially have. A c-section and my wedding 8 months later lol I need to step up my workout routine to make up for my late night snacking that I can't seem to quit!

Thanks girls. It's amazing how much it varies isn't it? I've put on 8lb too, pretty sure that's all baby, waters, placenta etc and fluid/blood.

Well done passing the GD test Babyvaughn. HarleyQ, I hope they let you manage with just diet. I have my test in two weeks - they do the test at 28 weeks here. I had a big baby first time round (9 pounds 12 ounces) but passed the GD test and a more average weight baby second time round (7 pounds and 12 ounces) and passed again, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I pass this time. What happens if you fail your GD test? I keep getting paranoid that I feel very thirsty during the night when I get up to the toilet.

.... I love Jojo maman bebe - do you get it in the USA and Canada?

I can't believe a lot of us have less than 100 days to go till our due dates!!!
Thanks! My results were actually pretty similar to last pregnancy when I failed. I was just 0.3 over the mark this time, and only 0.1 over last time. So I think it should be manageable much the same way. Last time they referred me to a clinic at the hospital and I went to a workshop where they gave me a blood glucose monitor (for free!) and taught us how to use it and how read food labels and what to eat and such. It was very informative and a great program they have set up here. I just don't know if I need to go do it all again this time, ya know? Like, I think I know what to do and how to eat and all that.

Sorry you didn't pass Harley. Sounds like you know what you're doing though so that will make it easier!

I'm reading girls but my attention span is zero, it's the day my little girl slipped away inside me four years ago today, her birthday is Wednesday.

On a brighter note, I'm third Tri today.
Thanks. Thinking of you and your precious girl today. :hugs:

Afm - possibly had a Braxton hicks this morning. I don't think I had any with dd. it felt like lots of pressure for a minute & then was gone. Could have been baby moving or pressing on something though. For those who have had bh - how can you tell??
I had them in both pregnancies, but never actually felt them in the first one! Only way I knew I was having them was when I had an NST and the nurse was like, "Can you feel those contractions?" Uh... no! The second time around, I got them starting around 30 weeks. Just felt like dan-o said, belly tightening and baby being vacuum packed! lol

Oh so much to catch up on, I don't even know where I left off! Things here are so hectic and I'm back to puking constantly so...fun...
:( Sorry to hear that.

How much have you gained baby v and everyone else?
22 lbs. so far. Yikes. Not surprised, though, as I gained right around 40 lbs. by the time both my sons were born. Only difference is, this time I didn't lose all the weight in between pregnancies like I did between the first two. So I already weigh what I did at the end of those pregnancies. Just makes me that much more uncomfortable. *sigh*

28 weeks bump... I've gained 4 lbs so far but I still get sick everyday (I feel your pain Medzi)
Aw, man. Sorry you're feeling so sick still. :( Great bump though! :)

AFM, I've starting looking around for a good woven wrap to buy. Been joining various buy-sell-swap sites on fb and looking around online, asking my babywearing friends for tips. I'm really hoping I can get the hang of babywearing so I can put Henry up on my back and still have two hands free to deal with the other two! LOL. It's going to be an interesting transition for me to go from working full-time to being a stay-at-home parent for my year of maternity leave!

How much have you gained baby v and everyone else?

Im sitting right at 17 pounds so far. Of that Roughly 13 pounds is baby, placenta, amniotic fluid, uterus, extra blood, boobs and fluid retention. So I'm doing pretty good at gaining 4 pounds of pure fat.

Jrepp that's scarey! I had episodes like that quite a lot with DS2 but the same things you tried worked each time for me as well! He came at 38w (37 by ovulation) after I had a BH episode that just didn't quit x

38 weeks would be perfectly fine with me :) While my various medical conditions (and the fact that Luke was on the skinnier side at 20 weeks) lead me to a higher possibility for having a small baby, hubbys side of the family is notorious for producing large children. His older brothers son was 10.5 pounds at birth, his daughter just shy of 9. His middle brothers son was a whopping 13 pounds! I'm really hoping to stay in the 7-8 pound range!

Babyv, I've gained more than I'd like too as well. About a stone at this point. My bump isn't very impressive despite the gain. I reckon it's half baby and half fat judging by my thighs and bottom :haha:

I love your bump! P.s. my thighs and butt got pretty big too!

21lbs! :/ I was aiming for 30 my whole pregnancy lol. My boobs have grown and babies on bigger side but I wish I was about 5lbs less. I don't want extra to have to work off especially have. A c-section and my wedding 8 months later lol I need to step up my workout routine to make up for my late night snacking that I can't seem to quit!

Are you planning on breast feeding? Everyone tells me that the weight will just fall off if I breast feed. I don't know about that but I know it does take your fat stores and turn it into milk.

Jrepp, it's true that your body uses extra energy to produce milk, I think they say you need an extra 500 calories per day? Which is quite a bit. I think most women don't actually eat that much more "extra" and so maybe that's why they tend to lose weight, iykwim. I do know that breastfeeding made me extra hungry and thirsty, though!

I breastfed both of my boys up until they were 14 months, and I returned to my pre-pregnancy weight pretty quickly the first time, but only lost half of the baby weight the second time around. So, I think it definitely varies from woman to woman and even from baby to baby!

breastfeeding didn't do JACK for me the last time- I bf for 20 months and I didn't drop a POUND until I dieted. I wouldn't count on it ... it may help some women- but definitely not all. I found just as many stories online for women who didn't lose weight while nursing. Maybe it will be different for me this time and I'll get lucky :haha:

It DID make me crazy thirsty tho! :)

Yeah bfing didn't help me lose any weight with DD either. And I got super thirsty too lol

27 weeks today! Cant wrap my head around being in 3rd trimester already! My body can though. Lol started off this morning with a lovely charlie horse in my calf which has been sore all day now, and attempted to bend over but got a horrible muscle cramp/ache in my left lower back. :dohh: Its probably my body retaliating after the crazy busy day I had yesterday. Bowling fundraiser for my friends fire dept (dont worry me and my pelvic resting placenta previa just sat and watched) then from there had to change and go to an anniversary party, from which we went over our friends house for a couple hours. All on like 4.5 hrs of broken sleep. :wacko:

On the upside this baby lady has apparently continued yesterdays activities to today and has been dancing non stop since this morning. Lol

Hope everyone else is doing well and congrats to the others entering 3rd tri this week!

Rach- my morning started out with a charlie horse I forgot how bad those hurt! Happy 3rd trimester :D

Good morning ladies,

I had some very busy day and I had no time to answer post here but I read everything.
I will take my son to school and after that try to react on your post.

Hi ladies! How is everyone?

Haven't been in the last few days been visiting family plus being the "she devil" to hubby..think I need to control my hormones more it just takes the slightest thing for him to wind me up :( 28 weeks today only 11 more to go...have my GTT on Wednesday I'm dreading it so bad pretty convinced I'm gunna fail this time.

As for the weight gain thing I refuse to get on those scales my consultant keep reminding me I'm "fat" or "overweight" so not gonna put myself on a downer even more :)

Ladies when I booked in they had my weight as 89.65 kg and I've just weighed myself and it's 90kg exactly meaning I've hardly gained anything? I'm confused lol!

I Wouldn't worry, I only gained in the 3rd tri with ds1 and ended up 2kg lighter than pre preg after giving birth! I did start out a little overweight that pregnancy tho.

I've actually got my second tri bloom finally, wonder how many weeks I will get out of it before the 3rd tri uncomfortable grumpies set in :haha:

Dan-o I'm really jealous, my second-tri glow lasted about two weeks. Now I'm having so much discomfort and pain and am being so grumpy! :(

I've gained 6.5kg (bit over 13 lb), but half of that has been in the last 5 weeks - so I've gone from worrying about not gaining enough to worrying about gaining too much! It's all bump - I can still get into my pre-preg low rise jeans. My stomach looks enormous, though!

:sick: Sitting in the parking lot drinking my glucose bottle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->