July Mamas! 101 Due in 2015! ! 37 babies born 23 boys 14 girls <3

Haha Rach, that is exactly all the emotions isn't it?

Baby girl that's so exciting. I hope you have a fabulous day. I'm going to be 37 weeks around the 21st and I'm not allowed to go beyond that so sometime that week I'd imagine :)

Fab bump jrepp x

Sammy, I thought it was. I'd ask the doctors if it will be an issue as obviously it'll depend where on the front it is, like low by your cervix wouldn't be a problem, low by your bikini line probably more of an issue.

Haha Rach, that is exactly all the emotions isn't it?

Baby girl that's so exciting. I hope you have a fabulous day. I'm going to be 37 weeks around the 21st and I'm not allowed to go beyond that so sometime that week I'd imagine :)

Fab bump jrepp x

Thank you! I cannot wait :)

You probably already mentioned this , (pregnancy brain sorry!)
But how come you are not allowed to go beyond 37 weeks again?

Are any of you writing/already wrote a birth plan? My husband and I started one a few days ago and I just finished part of it. He did all of the icons and I added the disclaimer at the bottom.

Attachments

• img002.jpg
    img002.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 29
I bet you are. I sort of wish that baby showers were popular here, they are getting more so now but weren't heard of in the UK eleven years ago when I had my eldest. I just think it's a fab way to celebrate this new life <3

Because it's just too risky with my history. I've had two stillbirths, sixteen miscarriages, premature rupture of membranes, Pre-eclampsia in the five pregnancies that made it past first tri. I've clotting disorders, had a dvt. I'm on high risk drugs (very high dose clexane and anti malaria tablets, loads more drugs too but they're the most risky), so I think at that point they just think the risks are too high compared to getting them out.

I bet you are. I sort of wish that baby showers were popular here, they are getting more so now but weren't heard of in the UK eleven years ago when I had my eldest. I just think it's a fab way to celebrate this new life <3

Because it's just too risky with my history. I've had two stillbirths, sixteen miscarriages, premature rupture of membranes, Pre-eclampsia in the five pregnancies that made it past first tri. I've clotting disorders, had a dvt. I'm on high risk drugs (very high dose clexane and anti malaria tablets, loads more drugs too but they're the most risky), so I think at that point they just think the risks are too high compared to getting them out.

I see, I figured it had to do with the high risk. Well I am glad things are going well with your pregnancy! I can't believe you have gone through this all. You are an inspiration. :)

Yes, I absolutely love baby showers! I had 1 with my daughter but that was over 7 years ago so I got rid of most of her things, plus they were girl things and I had no place to store them.

Jrepp- looks like a great detailed plan, I just want to say be prepared for things to change and not go to plan. I was very against an episiotomy, but when it came down to my son's heart rate significantly dropping, it was either episiotomy and vacuum or a c-section.. I think it's awesome to have thought of everything and you really did.. I just had a pretty set planned and almost everything changed lol

no birth plan here.. as with my last 3.. just winging it :rofl:

No birth plan here either. Though I'm planning to deliver in the natural birthing section of my hospital, so that sort of comes with its own birth plan.

no birth plan here.. as with my last 3.. just winging it :rofl:

Same, Holly! I had a birth plan all printed out with my first one and never even got it out of the hospital bag! And the second labour was so short there wasn't even time for anyone to read it even if we had made one.

I'm pretty "go with the flow" anyway and I know the doctors in my maternity group would never do anything crazy without running it by me first. :)

Jrepp- looks like a great detailed plan, I just want to say be prepared for things to change and not go to plan. I was very against an episiotomy, but when it came down to my son's heart rate significantly dropping, it was either episiotomy and vacuum or a c-section.. I think it's awesome to have thought of everything and you really did.. I just had a pretty set planned and almost everything changed lol

I don't know if you can see it from the tiny picture that was uploaded, but there is a statement at the bottom saying "we would like to thank you in advance for all of your support and encouragement during the birth of our child. We understand that birth is unpredictable, and that emergencies can arise. These are our preferences for a normal vaginal birth. If complications arise, we ask that you please discuss all procedures with us, and attempt the least invasive treatment possible first. Please see the detailed birth preferences for further information."

In other words, I know that stuff happens in birth and things can change at any given moment. I am willing to be flexible as long as the doctors tell me what my options are if something happens.

Now I just need to write the plan detailing our preferences and whatnot.

Since I'm having a C-section I'm not really doing a birthing plan but I might make something about how I want to breastfeed and do not want formula given unless we've agreed I'm unable to breastfeed or not able to feed due to complications. Also like my preferences with visitors, being the most hands on we can be, etc.

I'm SOO tired today I think I better get back to water aerobics for some reason it gives me energy even though its exercising! Today at Costco (for those not US its a big wholesale type store where you buy a membership and saving money buying in bulk) They have section with Carters baby clothes for really good prices. I got two pairs of Pjs sailboat themed for $10 super cute too! :) I'll post a picture!

I'm not doing a birth plan really other than to say I want delayed cord clamping. My last labour was less than 15 minutes (before that one hour, before that 45 minutes, 90 minutes and 27 hours) so only the first was long enough for a plan really.

:hugs: babyvaughan. I've always found exercise helps my energy. We have Costco in the UK, I might have a look what they have.

I'm having a baby next month :dance:

I am not going to make any birth plan. I think when the baby comes and her/his needs are the most important. A healthy baby is the first not what mama thinks is good. Things can change by different reasons. I think being flexible is very important if someone wants to have a good experience.
I know some woman who experienced birth badly because of their expectation.

Sammy, I think it can be an issue if it is very down. I would ask the doctor next time you go there. It is something very important to know.

I am very happy since my placenta moved away from the cervix. Now it's up in the front so I will not need a c-section.

Hip and lower back pain is also present here. I have a difficult time to move to stand up and walk already, and there is still three month to go.

Tasha, that is crazy! You will have your baby in less than 2 months!

My back has been killing me lately but it's like the middle of my back on the right side, and it's worse when I'm laying down. Hopefully this baby comes in June

:hugs: khatif and Rose. Back pain must be hard.

I just realised that Tonya is having her babies THIS month. Wahoooo Tonya. Excited for you sweetie. I know it will be quite the journey even after they're born but we are all here every step of the way :hugs:

Morning ladies can't believe it's May already! Babies will start arriving before we know it:)

I'm not doing a birth plan as I don't think there's much you can plan in a csection, they won't allow skin to skin until in recovery which is abt 20mins after baby's born but hubby will have baby next to me.

Might sound a little silly but does anyone know if they can give you anything to calm you down before a section? I'm petrified of the spinal and I go a bit over the top hysterical and didn't want that happening this time round I want it as calm as possible.

Are you going to have a pre-op Sammy? You should do and you can ask if things like kalms are okay!

I assume I am :) I haven't even been given been my section date will hopefully get that on my next appt with the consultant & growth scan on the 26th. I don't wanna be totally out of it, just want to be relaxed enough that I'm not a hysterical mess!

Yes there is Sammy its a medication that makes you kinda not care but your still awake they would give it to me before my surgeries as a teen to relax me even though I was fine lol. My mom just got it before her gallbladder was removed because she started getting nervous, and my SIL got it at her C-section because her axienty went through the roof! I've gone through a lot surgically so the operation doesn't scare me but them getting the epidural right does because once before they got it wrong and it was a disaster so I since have refused it. If I'm feeling okay I think I'm going to tough it out but I'm going make sure getting it's an option. Just ask your OB they will let you know if you can get it or not!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->