July Sunbeams 2013 ~ Parenting 24 Boys ~ 18 Girls

We are not sure yet if we will have another. In someways it would be nice for Ellie to have a sibling. But then we have to do all this again! We have agreed that we will wait until Ellie is a year old and then decide if we want to try again. I think 2 will be enough though.

dove I def want another one day but I have to say the initial broodiness I had right after I had him has currently left! which is handy as really i'd like a decent gap next time and preferably Edward potty trained as its a nightmare having 2 in nappies :haha:

I'm with you! I def want to try one more time for a boy but I want a 3 or 4 year gap. Two in diapers is for sure a nightmare! And makenzie doesn't want to potty train because sissy wears diapers :dohh:

snap! nor can I get rid of his dummy, seems to be using it more and more!
we'll have to do a swap if u have a 3rd girl and me 3rd boy :rofl: (joke ;))

Seems like a fair trade :rofl:
I'm glad we got rid of the pacifier before kyleigh got here. I do catch her putting her sisters in her mouth but makenzie has thankfully been off of it for about a year now. Just wish the whole potty training thing was as easy

dove I def want another one day but I have to say the initial broodiness I had right after I had him has currently left! which is handy as really i'd like a decent gap next time and preferably Edward potty trained as its a nightmare having 2 in nappies :haha:

I'm with you! I def want to try one more time for a boy but I want a 3 or 4 year gap. Two in diapers is for sure a nightmare! And makenzie doesn't want to potty train because sissy wears diapers :dohh:

snap! nor can I get rid of his dummy, seems to be using it more and more!
we'll have to do a swap if u have a 3rd girl and me 3rd boy :rofl: (joke ;))

Seems like a fair trade :rofl:
I'm glad we got rid of the pacifier before kyleigh got here. I do catch her putting her sisters in her mouth but makenzie has thankfully been off of it for about a year now. Just wish the whole potty training thing was as easy

:haha:, just keep telling yourself they'll not be in nappies by time they're at school. took alexs nappy off this pm, he would not use the potty/toilet, but didn't pee anywhere either...shows he has the control! think his dummy will either go to santa or the easter bunny! i'm getting fed up with the arguments it causes!

Not sure how to add but Lucas was born 9th of July weighing 8lb3 his due date was 2nd of july. We are really broody for our 2nd and final baby.

My older 2 are 22 months apart, but I never minded diapers. I don't have the luxury of time on my side, since I'm already 38 (and a half! LOL). I don't feel "finished" having kids though. My OH and I decided when we were pregnant that this would be the last baby, but I just can't shake that feeling (and I had a HORRIBLE pregnancy). OH is supposed to get the snip too, but I haven't pushed him, and I doubt he's in a hurry to have that done :winkwink:

We definitely want more, just not sure when! :) A couple years at the least.

We might have one more... with a bigger age gap this time. Dh really wants a boy

So how is everybody adjusting in general to life with a new baby. Those of you with kids already, did they take well to their new sibling? Has it been a big adjustment having a new baby or has s/he slotted in easily to the family?
Those of you with your first babies, is it how you imagined it would be? Or harder? Easier?

For me, Nathan has slotted in quite well actually. I was lucky he was born only a week and a half prior to my other kids breaking up from school / nursery. So that first 10 days were a bit manic, but then after that it got easier because we didn't have to rush around getting the kids to school in the morning. We could take things a bit more leisurely as there was no schedule to stick to.
Now that they're all back at school, we've already had 6 weeks to get our heads around what we're doing, and we're pretty much in the swing of things now.
It hasn't seemed like such a huge leap having an extra child to look after really. It's already a bit of a mad house here with 3 kids and a dog anyway haha. One more baby hasn't made a right lot of difference.

As for my three older kids, they love Nathan a lot. I've not seen any signs of jealousy or anything like that, they all seem to dote on him.

The dog, too, has been really good with him. She licks his feet all the time haha. I think she likes him.

We've settled in pretty easy I think. Makenzie hasn't shown any jealousy or anything towards kyleigh which really suprised me. It took me a little bit to get the hang of getting two kids ready and going out of the house with them. I've still only done it a handful of times completely alone :haha: but overall we have had a smooth transition. It helps that Kyleigh is a very very good baby. I def got super spoiled with her

I think we have settled in easily as well. Henry was born 10 days after Oliver started his summer holidays so we were at home and didn't have to rush to get into a routine. Henry was 6 weeks when Oliver went back to school and I have found it easy enough to do the school run. And make the most of the time with Henry.

Oliver has been a little jealous when I feed Henry he always seems to demand something then, like food or something. But other than he has been lovely with Henry :)

I think we're doing pretty well. Aisling isn't too difficult now that her gas is more under control. She has fussy times but nothing too intense. I think it is easier in some aspects but harder in others. I thought my husband would be able to stay up later to help at night since she stays up so late but he tries to keep awake and still falls asleep lol. He gives me mornings to rest though, so it all works out! I thought I'd be able to clean more but she doesn't taken long naps like I had expected. Though that is changing it seems! And last night she went to bed at 11, early for her :)

All in all I love being a mom :D Everyone says I took to it very quickly but I give Aisling the credit :)

I think its worked out easier than I expected. I thought everything i did previous to him would have to stop when actually I can still do most things I used to. Today we went for a picnic with my friend and he came but alot of things I no longer want to do now I have him. Were starting to go to baby groups now which im enjoying and weve had a brilliant summer so lots of days out with the pram. Sleepless nifhts were harder than I ever thought possible in the beginning but hes gotten much better the past few weeks. I also didnt no how sore it was after birth. I was in horrific pain for weeks

we had some jealousy issues with ds1 in the early days but otherwise its been fab, way easier this time than first time round in every sense :)

Doing OK here too. There are some days when I love being a mum, and it all seems to be working brilliantly. Days when Ellie is smilley and chatty, when I get to go out with my NCT ladies. Then there are days when all Ellie does is fuss, poop & feed and I think that I am doing something wrong. Some days I feel so tied, not even being able to pop out for a minute without taking her, and other days I wouldnt want to leave her for a minute.

All things considered, Ellie is a fairly easy baby, so I feel pretty lucky despite the bad days. Love her to bits and wouldnt change things for the world x x

Ahh it's great to hear that all the babies have settled in nicely and everybody is adjusting well :)

I tend not to be this honest in real life, but having Millie has seemed really easy :shrug:

She's just a very easy laid back baby, feeds excellently and sleeps very well too.

I definitely think it helps that it's just me & her, we're totally tuned into each other. She is also great for my parents and enabled me a night out.

I truly thought it would be so much harder having a newborn but it really wasn't LOL.

She's my whole world & so far loved every second! :D

Hi! I'd love to join the thread! My little man Ryder was born July 18 and weighed 7 lbs 12 oz.
Being a mom has been a great experience so far... Ryder is a super happy little guy which has definitely made things easier on me!
Has anyone tried sleep training at this point? I have heard varying opinions on this and am wondering your thoughts? Ryder naps well during the day but when it comes to night time he is waking more often than when he was younger and I am looking for advice. Any tips from you experienced mommy's or those who have babies sleeping through the night would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

Welcome :wave: we have seemed to become a quiet group after our babies arrived :haha: I'm not really sure what sleep training is I see ppl talk about it all the time just don't know anything about it. My LO has been sleeping through but honestly don't do anything special it's just how she works I guess :shrug: she loves her sleep :haha: good luck! Hope your LO starts sleeping better for you

We haven't tried sleep training... and mu Lo does a 4-5 hour stretch then every 1-2.5 hours after that getting more frequent as the night goes on. But hey my 2/5 yr old had also recently stopped sttn too. What sleep?!! Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->