~*~* July Sunbeams *~*~43 Babies Here So Far!!! 25 Boys / 18 Girls

Omg Becca! I would have been so angry / annoyed / upset. You did great to hold it together in front of Jessie, but also glad you had a good cry sounds like you needed that. Poor thing, are you going to have to take her to have it properly sorted? Or does it not look too bad?

Glad the other mum seemed upset too, I'd be mortified if my child did that to someone else's baby. Locks on every cupboard I think!!

Feeling quite nauseous and fed up today. My whole bump and my ribs hurt from baby moving non stop since like 4am. Not to mention I'm still getting over this cold so I can't stop coughing which is not helping just a blah day I suppose :cry:

Sue - it's only really bad if you look at it from a certain angle. Thankfully she's still got most of the length at the back. The other little girl thought she needed it out of her face so trimmed the front. (She'd had it in a braid and you know how the fair starts to fall out of a braid and frame the face? Yeah, apparently that looked like it was annoyed and needed trimmed.) I'm considering trying to clean it up a bit myself since I'm afraid of taking her to a kids place and them just giving her some horrible blunt cut bangs. I really don't know yet... I keep trying to pin it back and pretend like it didn't happen.

Proud - being actually sick ontop of pregnancy sick is the worst. Hope you feel better soon!!

I'm thinking about kicking up my zantac to twice a day... the heartburn seems to be getting more frequent throughout the day rather than just at night. Wonder if this little boy is going to have a head full of hair... (lol that I'll have to protect from over keen 3 year olds with scissors!! Oi!)

7 more weeks today... (give or take) wow... maybe I should buy the co-sleeper soon. hehe. I DID get diapers though. Perhaps priority #1 should be cleaning the house... Jessica had a bit of craft morning today while I cleared out my craft cabinet (read:emptied it out onto the kitchen floor and then stared at it because I don't know where anything goes.) :D

Libbysmum - it's sooo strange to think you're headed into winter while we're experiencing our first 90 degree days of the year! We just turned on the air conditioning this week. Count your blessings that it's cold! The heat is making my swelling and thus the carpal tunnel in my hands worse. The pins and needles came out of nowhere yesterday while I was driving and took over an hour to fade away.

One of the things I like about the UK is not having to worry about guns, it sounds strange to have to check no one you know is likely to leave guns out.

BeccaMichelle - Aww, what a shame about your little girl's hair :hugs: Glad to hear she wasn''t badly hurt. Hope it grows back soon x

libbysmum - Sounds like you have a little stuntwoman in the making!

ProudArmyWife - Sorry to hear you are feeling rough, hope you are better soon x:hugs:

omg becca, i'd have freaked! it pained me to take alex to the proper barber the first few times :haha:...if he was a girl i doubt i'd have had it cut either but he'd look pretty silly as a boy at the rate his hair grows ;)

proud...hope you feel better soon hun :hugs:

xxx

One of the things I like about the UK is not having to worry about guns, it sounds strange to have to check no one you know is likely to leave guns out.

It wasn't something we'd really thought of either! (We lived in Scotland for 10 years) We knew that when my parents would visit my dad would have his gun so we had to make provisions for that... but suddenly it occurred to us that we live in North Carolina now and SOOO many people hunt. It's not enough to keep your house safe/guns unloaded/locked away etc. but know that they are places your kids are going to play. I'd read an article about a kid whose parents had guns but were really safe with them. He went to a friend's grandparents house and they just found one laying out. He'd always known that guns were UNLOADED so was worried when his friend picked it up and accidentally shot him! Really I just want to keep my baby girl next to me at all times!!!

caro103 - I'm going to be one of those moms with a boy who has long curls. My husband is too apathetic to make himself appointments to cut his hair so it only happens if I'm ready for it. LOL so it's highly unlikely our boy will have short hair either!

PS. the 3 year old is actually napping and I didn't fall asleep with her. How excited am I to feel like I'm in the house alone!? LOL

Sorry to hear of your sickness Proud...I hope it passes quickly for you. Nothing worse than pregnant and sick! except when the other kids or hubby is sick too. DH currently has a man cold...didn't stop him walking around the night air without a jacket last night...ugh! Anyway he went off to work this morning without a complaint. He got in a little argument with me last night we were coming home from dropping off my niece and nephew at my brothers and he then asked if he could take the car to visit a friend for a guys night out. I said I wasn't keen on the idea as he had to work today early plus the friend he mentioned lives a good 40 min drive from us. I said by the time he got there the others would be heading home. He said I was being selfish for not wanting him to go etc...good lordy! When do I ever get a night out?

Hey Ladies
I used to post on here way back when the thread started out. We've been so busy lately trying to sell our house and with just everything i haven't posted anything in forever. I have looked on from time to time though so I know this is a great group. I've been so worried about something lately I decided to post and see if I can get some advice/opinions. My worries are we just bought a farm about 1 1/2 hours away from the city and the hospital and are moving in 2 weeks. I'll be 35 1/2 weeks pregnant then. My husband works shift work 7 - 7 am to pm or pm to am. He works in the city, actually the hospital is part of his work so 1 1/2 hours away from me. My parents live in the city and said I could come stay a few days before I'm due but I have 2 little ones ages 2 and 1 and it is very difficult to be away from home at a strange place (naps and such) as well as we have a dog (BIG DOG) that they won't let come. And I will not leave him alone for days. My last labor was 5 hours long from start to finish and only about 2 hours of hard labor. I'm just so worried about what to do if I go into labor and my husband is at work.

Hey 3rdbaby is there an emergency number you can call? The last hospital we had Libby at was a good 45 min drive away and I always made sure we had plenty of petrol in the car just in the case and made sure my phone was fully charged if I needed to call someone. I know in Australia they have a helicopter for people that live long distances. My friend was care flighted to the hospital in the city as they lived 3 hrs away from the hospital and she had pre-eclamsia issues. As scary as that was she now has a healthy 8 month old.
I just called the home doctor to come round. They offer that service here as I been vomiting badly. Not sure if it is bad heartburn or food poisoning as we ate out yesterday lunch and dinner. The lady on the phone said if it worsens go to ER.

3rdbaby - what about having your parents come & stay with you for a few days before? That way they could also help with the set up in your new home & be there if you needed them whilst not removing kiddies & dog from their surroundings.

:flower:

3rdbaby: Yeah, how about have your parents come stay with you. So when you go into labour and if your DH isn't there, one of your parents can drive you and you can meet DH at the hospital, and the other one stay home with your LO's and the dog? Would they be willing to do that?

Well good news from me, just had an appt, been on bed rest since Monday. Everything looks really good, and no more bed rest (just take it easy)!

it is three in the morning. The zantac isnt working and I was clobbered by my daughters giant head right in my eye socket. It hurts. I left her asleep with DH and came out to the lounge room and had a good cry. Been an emotionally difficult day. Had a difficult start with DD earlier in the day then vomiting by lunch and called a doc cause I was scared I had food poisoning. He didnt seem worried. Said my bp was fine and keep up fluids.

Hope you're feeling ok hun :hugs: :hugs:

Poor eye, I've had a head butt from my goddaughter in the past, ouchies!

Sorry about the being sick, hope it wasn't food poisoning, maybe just something your body didn't agree with & chose the quickest route out!

Have a relax on the couch, close your eyes, deep breathing then go curl back up in bed xx

Libbysmum: We do have emergency numbers, although that's kind of a last resort so if worse come to worse I can do that but not ideal.

That really sucks about being sick. It's the absolute worse when you can't really take anything and you have to look after a little one and thing just end up piling up on you like the head butt. I hope you feel better soon.

Sue_88 and july2013: I was thinking of that, it might work but only my mom could come. My dad works in the city and has to go during rush hour so it would be too tough for him.

well ladies i think i have poison ivy or some other kind of rash. i started itching last night and woke up this morning to clustered bumpy rashes on my neck, under my boobs, my stomach, behind my knees, my inner thighs and under my bump..i am miserable!!! i've been trying to suck it up then finally gave in and called my OB's exchange and the dr on call was not my normal doctor or his normal partner and i think he was an idiot...he just told me to put benadryl on it...so i took an oatmeal bath and covered myself in benadryl and its not helping!!! the dr said if its not better Monday to call my usual dr to be seen.. i dont think i can deal with this until monday

tlh97990: Oh no! That sounds awful! Poor you!

Approaching 3am and I just can't get to sleep.. ugh. I can't get comfortable and shut off.

tlh97990: I've heard of that. It might be Pruritic urticarial papules and plaques of pregnancy (PUPPP)

Up to 1 percent of pregnant women develop a condition characterized by itchy, red bumps and larger patches of a hive-like rash on their bellies. This is called pruritic urticarial papules and plaques of pregnancy (PUPPP), also called polymorphic eruption of pregnancy.
PUPPP usually begins in the third trimester, though it can begin earlier or, occasionally, during the first two weeks after you give birth. It's more common in women carrying twins and those having their first baby. No one knows what causes PUPPP.
The eruptions, which can itch like crazy, usually show up first on the abdomen around or in stretch marks (if you have any). It may spread to your thighs, buttocks, back, and, more rarely, your arms and legs. Your neck, face, hands, and feet are usually spared.
Your doctor or midwife will probably prescribe a topical ointment to give you some relief. She may also recommend an antihistamine. In severe cases, you may need a course of oral steroids.
The good news is that PUPPP is not risky for you or your baby and usually disappears within a few days after delivery, although it sometimes persists for several weeks. Plus, it seldom appears again in subsequent pregnancies.

Tlh I'm sorry that sounds miserable :hugs:

June happy birthday to your little boy :)

Anyone use a maternity support belt? My midwife suggested one for me for my excruciating hip and pelvic pain and lower bump pain. I hadn't considered it because it had been something I was able to grit my teeth and bare it but the past two days I've barely been able to walk so have been considering going to the maternity store to get one and try it out. This pain is awful :cry:

junemomma - happy bday to your little dude!

proudarmywife - No, haven't used a maternity support belt. But I guess it's worth a try! I hope you can get some relief.

Well OH was bathing our dog Boston, I told him to close the bathroom door... he didn't listen. And so our lunatic dog did a runner through the house all soapy and wet! Yay!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->