~*~* July Sunbeams *~*~43 Babies Here So Far!!! 25 Boys / 18 Girls

For something to do I'm timing the contractions whist I wait. Between 49s and 1m8s long and 1m 59s to 3m 33s apart. Unfortunately not strong enough that I feel I must call the nurse. I've had them frequently before and then had them die off. Using contractionmaster.com

counting - when I went in to be induced with my DD I ended up with 4 lots of the cervical gel (one of them was a double dose, so 5mgs in total), and that was only JUST enough to open my cervix a tiny TINY bit so they could get in there and break my waters and then put me on the drip.

I went in on the 21st and she wasn't born until 25th.

And DH had to be sent home every night as well.

So hun I know exactly how you feel. It's awful. By the evening of 23rd I was bawling my eyes out in frustration.

Big hugs to you, it'll be over soon, even if it doesn't seem like it x

Morning all, hope everyone is well.

Still have ligament pain in my back which is so annoying! I just want to get on & do things and finding it a little frustrating to have to take things easy.

counting - Hope you have some progress soon. I can't believe how rubbish your hospital is being. Sending lots of good wishes your way. Are there any friends/family in your area who can come in & keep you company? :hugs:

Donna - Good luck for tomorrow - hope all goes well for you & your LO. Can't believe your OH! Did he invite your MIL? Are you able to tell them both that you want it to be just you & OH at the birth?

Becca - thanks for the updated list. I love the co-sleeper, its so cute!

morning ladies! I see via fb we have our 1st actual july baby :D, congrats Emily!

Counting huge :hugs:, if your already 2cm dilated though i'd not say that's a failed induction at all! def try and persuade them to at least break your waters to see if that gets you into active labour before consenting to a csection! hope your DH gets off work a little early to be back with you :hugs:

afm...what a poop nights sleep! blooming heartburn came back with a vengeance and I've hardly got any gaviscon left now so was being stingy with it :haha:, but every time I turned over I felt the burn right up my throat :(

becca my edd is actually the 14th (they shifted me back at my scan!), I think I changed it on the spreadsheet but couldn't find a way to save it, although it implies it saves automatically so fx'ed its done it! and missfox is team pink I believe :D xxx

Congrats libbysmum, first July baby! :happydance:

I feel a bit ill today, not sure what's wrong just feel off. Feel a bit sick, have Stomach ache, and feel a bit dizzy :wacko:

Thanks everyone. What little sleep I got last night has made me feel a little better, but I still feel crap.

DH spent the night at home, but this morning he called me. He is pretty upset. From what I understand he is very unhappy that he left his sick wife and unborn son alone. He is going to talk to his work about short leave of absence.

Crampy still but no real good contractions happening. Nurse let me sit up in the bathtub for a while to help with the pain which was nice. I guess I was naive, everyone I know who has been induced has had their baby in a day or two. This is day 3. I guess as you said alicecooper, long inductions are totally normal though.

Also, if my induction "fails" they may just send me home or keep me here, no c-section, just make me ride out the rest of pregnancy. *sigh*

Counting hope you're not waiting too long to meet your little boy!

Kath hope you feel better soon xx

I have my 39w appointment today.....honestly I look like s**t! Horrible tired looking face :( I'm getting a bit past it now ... Bleugh!

Aw counting, I guess because you are still a few weeks off due date, they don't want to push it. As long as baby is ok in there and your blood pressure is ok etc I suppose they think they will wait it out. Not much fun for you!
It must be difficult for your DH, would be nice if he could get some time off but because it's being prolonged it could be several weeks and guessing you want him home for a few weeks with baby aswell!
Argh must be really stressful. It will all be over soon and you will have your little boy in your arms :hugs:

Sue, good luck at your appt, hoping little Millie might have engaged!
Yeah it's hard now isn't it, I'm looking and feeling s**t! :nope:
We're all nearing the end and getting grumpy :haha:

I'm starting to feel a bit nauseous

oh God please please PLEASE don't let me get this D & V tummy bug

*cries*

Counting, hope things get going for you.

As for me, I am so uncomfy at mo, hardly slept last night, kept waking up with bad bh. My bump kept going rock hard it was horrid. Now I just have bad back ache. I'm fed up!

On an exciting note all the furniture my mother in law ordered arrived this morning, so poor hubby has a night of building flat pack cotbed, wardrobe and changing unit!

Check list for appointment:

Phone
Keys
Purse
Notes
Pot of wee wee :rofl:

On a more disturbing note, a child in a pushchair in the doctors reception just called his (young) father a "dick head" :shock:

:shock:

My child doesnt even know that word!

I hate carrying the wee pot with me, always think it will leak :rofl: I normally do it at the doctors now

Congrats libbysmum :). Baby is a healthy size!
Last night I was sick and diarrhea, and loose bowels again this morning. Currently at my weekly appt waiting for the dr. to arrive. I dont know if I've caught a tummy bug or my body is getting ready for baby! Fingers crossed its not a tummy bug...
Hopefully any day now! Dr thinks ill be delivering a 9lb baby... Eeeks!

Thanks everyone. What little sleep I got last night has made me feel a little better, but I still feel crap.

DH spent the night at home, but this morning he called me. He is pretty upset. From what I understand he is very unhappy that he left his sick wife and unborn son alone. He is going to talk to his work about short leave of absence.

Crampy still but no real good contractions happening. Nurse let me sit up in the bathtub for a while to help with the pain which was nice. I guess I was naive, everyone I know who has been induced has had their baby in a day or two. This is day 3. I guess as you said alicecooper, long inductions are totally normal though.

Also, if my induction "fails" they may just send me home or keep me here, no c-section, just make me ride out the rest of pregnancy. *sigh*

Everyone I know that's been induced has their babies in less than a day I feel so bad for yoou

It's now been over 24 hours with this same cervadil. Guess the doctor got called off somewhere. I've now been in hospital since 10ish on Sunday. They started the induction that night. Feels like an eternity. DH is back here with me, and he says he isn't leaving again until it's with me. SIL is also coming over later today, hopefully she will bring my little baby nephew for a visit.

So much waiting. I don't want to seem impatient but! Also, today is 15 days until my due date, I will be 38 weeks tomorrow. Time flies or drags, depending on how you look at it.

Otherwise blood pressure is staying stable and baby boy is doing well as usual, all good news.

Wish me luck (and lots of labor)

Last night I was sick and diarrhea, and loose bowels again this morning. Currently at my weekly appt waiting for the dr. to arrive. I dont know if I've caught a tummy bug or my body is getting ready for baby! Fingers crossed its not a tummy bug...

Delivering a 9lber actually wasn't that bad so don't panic :) my recovery has surprisingly been easier than with my 7lb baby

Counting so sorry that your still in hospital without baby :hugs: I can't imagine how frustrated you must feel. Hope you start making progress.

Sue good luck at your appt hoping Millie is showing some signs of wanting to come out.

Alice hope your not getting the stomach bug that would be awful! How much longer will they let you go past due date? Hope your bundle comes soon!

oh eek I really hope it's not a tummy bug hun x

I agree with proud - bigger babies aren't so scary hun. My easiest one to pop out was my biggest actually.

Wish me luck (and lots of labor)

good luck and lots of labour! x

Alice hope your not getting the stomach bug that would be awful! How much longer will they let you go past due date? Hope your bundle comes soon!

Apparently they induce at 12 days over here, so that'll be Tuesday 9th (a week today).

Appointment went really well! All fine.

Baby is STILL free, infact midwife said VERY free :dohh: and she's LOL with more chance of going back to back! Little monkey.

Still, they're now not concerned at all after my appointment with the consultant last week which is great.

And I also learnt that my two favourite midwives are on call on Thursday night and Monday 8th night.......so baby you are allowed out anytime between 9-5pm....or Thursday or Monday :haha:

And that does bode well for my own feeling of Monday 8th.......eeeeee!! Which ever way it's looked at, it's really not going to be long until I hold my little girl!

Midwife was telling me about the manual handling course that they have to go on to prevent themselves obtaining any injuries etc......and the course RECOMMENDS to get a lady out of a pool in a homebirth situation that they SLIT THE POOL !!! And yes, thus allow all of the water to piss out all over the house :shock:

My midwife argued the point about what if they are in a high rise flat (houses & electricals underneath) or upstairs in a house - still the same. Do not lift a woman out, slit the pool :shock: LUCKILY she doesn't agree lol I said you dare do that in my house, you'll be paying for new carpets!!!! How silly though?!?!!!

Thank you for including me on the summary page! I updated myself to the 21st!
I have stopped procrastinating and finally got things in order for the baby to arrive, room is done, bags are packed and we have everything we need for this little man to make his appearance!

What name do you like better:
Travis James
Nathan James
(James is my fathers name)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g