~*~* July Sunbeams *~*~43 Babies Here So Far!!! 25 Boys / 18 Girls

Forgot to add OH also got 3 days more holiday lol.

And oliver said sorry for being mean to me earlier gave me a big hug and went to bed really well which made the day really not so bad!

Yay for more holiday and Aw that's sweet of Oliver, I'm dreading the times when jack says he hates me :cry:
He's very cuddly at the moment. He holds out his arms and demands cuddles saying awwww at the same time. I think he knows mummy can't resist even if he's been a bit naughty!

OH my eff Alice that sounds so awful having everyone so sick :sick: I hope they keep it to themselves and get well soon!
Proud - what a beautiful baby girl! Such a joy! And thank you for the birth story :thumbup:
Congrats on little Antonio Jessin so wonderful!
Counting - they are really dragging it out for you, eh? Guess your little boy is just so cozy!

Yesterday was my birthday and baby decided not to share it with me - for the best, I suppose - though I wouldn't have argued, DH said anytime after my Bday would be fine :coffee: My fam spoiled me, DH and I went and got fresh crab, and we had fresh local prawns and a fennel salad and a green papaya salad - food was SO good! AND my dear mum made me a fresh berry pie - west coast summers are THE BEST :cloud9: Everyone else got to drink sangria though :growlmad: I tried the mangos and peaches and they so SO potent with booze! WOW!
I had to change my outfit 3x yesterday b/c I was so sweltering hot :wacko: I found an outfit today that I feel cool in and I don't look like a whale - so I think I might just wear it everyday until peanut shows :haha:

I nearly had a hormonal pregnant lady-no-reason-at-all cry today at the parade. A float with musicians went by and I just welled up and nearly lost it! Luckily I was wearing shades and managed to gain composure before outing myself as overly hormonal! But I'm sure, since I had to fight the tears back, that they will come. We don't know when or why... but I will need a cry :dohh:

Had a slice of pizza for lunch and am feeling the burrrrrrrrrrrrrnnn ugh. bad choice, float.

July213 - I know what you mean! I was supposed to have another 6 days, and instead. Ellies been here for a fortnight now.

Pimk - great news for your other half!

Becca - Great idea on the list - thanks for setting it up!

JJSmom - Your hospital experience sounds awful! hope the knot gets better soon x

I just measured my circumference at my widest point. 49 and a half inches. I'm like a barge.

Ok...Just to clarify!!!! I did not get out of date/expired cervadil. The dose is just only effective for 12 hours, so after that point it stopped working.

I have second dose, as soon as it was inserted, I started having regular contractions and then finally after being able to fall asleep they died down(after about 6 hours). So disappointing. I'm cramping up real bad now though- hopefully things are back on track.

Oh, at my cervadil change I had progressed to 2cm dialated, 40% effaced, soft and baby had gone into position...so that is something at least.

Ok...Just to clarify!!!! I did not get out of date/expired cervadil. The dose is just only effective for 12 hours, so after that point it stopped working.

I have second dose, as soon as it was inserted, I started having regular contractions and then finally after being able to fall asleep they died down(after about 6 hours). So disappointing. I'm cramping up real bad now though- hopefully things are back on track.

Oh, at my cervadil change I had progressed to 2cm dialated, 40% effaced, soft and baby had gone into position...so that is something at least.

LOL that's not nearly as bad then. We were about to organize a rescue effort to bust you out of the incompetent hospital! :happydance:

Counting I expected your baby to be here by now! I'm sure youare frustrates!

Afm- I made it through work today do i'm officially on leave now and I couldn't be more excited..i'm going to try to get my hair done within the next couple days then i'm ready to have this baby

Counting I expected your baby to be here by now! I'm sure youare frustrates!

Afm- I made it through work today do i'm officially on leave now and I couldn't be more excited..i'm going to try to get my hair done within the next couple days then i'm ready to have this baby

Yaay for maternity leave! Wouldn't it be nice if they automatically sent in extra assistance for existing children in conjunction?

Ooh hair. I'd forgotten about that. hmmm I don't think I'll have time to squeeze that into my schedule unless baby doesn't come this week. Going back to the nail place tomorrow to have my eyebrows waxed because I had to duck out early to meet hubs for lunch - and was late anyway!

I've got my 39 week OB checkup tomorrow. Not sure if I should decline the pelvic exam again like I have been doing, or just let them do it. I'm of two minds. I don't really see the point since you can stay dilated for so long anyway... on the other hand, I don't want to seem like an annoying patient and it might be interesting to know. But then... I don't want people down there if it's not essential! LOL

Co-sleeper arrived today! Brown and blue was out of stock so I had to settle for toffee stripe instead. https://cf2.rightstart.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/370x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/1/9/19329-1.jpg

Obviously I'm avoiding packing my hospital bag and writing my birth plan because I just went back and added in our estimated due dates for the more active ladies on the board. If you want to add yourself in go ahead or you can give me you details and I'll get it in there.

Thought it would be nice to be able to look and see who should be next up and who's overdue at a glance.

caro103 - I can't find your due date stats! EDIT nevermind found it. :)

Link again for ease of access.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtqtRkxRwwaAdG1iUl9NV3ZKWDk3T0VaS3ZHM1NrZkE&usp=sharing

Why am I awake? Oh yeah I got stuck on my side then my back. I looked like a fucking turtle!

Yawn now I ache lol

Eyebrows are on my list too they are horrid right now!

Counting, are they starting the pitocin after this bout of cervadil? They gave me doses then started the pitocin the next morning. The first dose given on a Wednesday, started pitocin Thursday morning 4am, had him at 12:22am Friday. Everyone i different so hopefully you dont have to wait as long as i did to meet your little man!!

Alice, hope you dont come down with it either and hope your family feels better soon!!

Just took cheese and crackers and humas abd pita chips to bed!! Starving!!! My belly is the perfect table, hubby said he was jealous n wanted one! (Belly that is) lol

Feeling like crap.

First off, I was hoping baby would be here by now too, but I'm over 24 hours into the induction process and nothing. No contractions now either, just a tn bit of cramping and feeling miserable. Doctor on shift tonight decided to leave the cervadil in for 24 hours without checking me or giving me a fresh dose(which is supposed to go every 12 hours but apparently this doctor who I haven't even seen yet likes to leave it 24, even though I find it stops being effective after a few hours...).I have no idea if I have made any progress in the past day, and I'm just going to stagnate at whatever I'm at until tomorrow afternoon most likely.

To top it all off, I told DH to go home, sleep and go to work tomorrow because I was trying to be a responsible adult, and he does not get family sick, etc. Now I feel so miserable. Bawled my eyes out. I feel very alone and helpless here, and I don`t know what I`m supposed to do without him, I can literally do nothing for myself. That combined with, and I know a lot of ladies won`t get this, but we really are never apart except for work. We do everything together, he is truly my best friend and I haven`t really spent a night away from him since I met him. It was actually hard having him sleep in a cot instead of next to me last night. Feeling very lonely and missing him. That and he wasn`t so happy to be leaving either.

So all this combined has made me feel pretty terrible. I honestly don`t know what to do with myself other than try and get some sleep. Which seems unlikely at this point. Everything seems a mess. I just want my son to get here, I want to feel healthy again and I want my husband. :cry:

Also: no plans to start pit soon. Apparently they like people to go into labor on their own with only the cervadil. I asked how many doses they will do, and the nurse(who was super depressing btw) told me there is no limit, I`ve barely started the induction process, and they have given up to 7 doses of cervadil to ladies before. She also said after 3 doses they may start talking `failed induction` and stop trying to induce me. So that is where I`m at right now. The original doctor who decided to start my induction just told me the cervadil had to make my cervix more favorable and then they would pit me or break my water depending. Now it seems like if I don`t go into labor from cervadil alone then they might just stop trying. I`m so frustrated.

((Hugs)) counting. That sounds dreadful. I hope you make progress soon!

Congrats JessinChi!

Scared to death for tomorrow. And my dh sprung on me my mil will be there. Ya just what i want. Cant stand the woman and she has been.awful to me!

I know my Dr wont do pitocin if my cervix isn't favorable..and they're probably not in a hurry since you are just full term which sucks cuz you are in pain

:( Counting :hugs: That place should be shut down!!! Absolutely horrible! I'm so sorry you are going through this!!

Cramping really badly. Hope that means something is happening. Next baby/contraction check is still 3ish hours away. Feeling generally miserable and can't get any more sleep. Next cervix check scheduled for 9 hours from now. Hopefully if this cramping turns serious enough I'll get it sooner. I really wish DH was here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->