~*~* July Sunbeams *~*~43 Babies Here So Far!!! 25 Boys / 18 Girls

Hi guys, just a quick update. Ollie had his 6 wk checkup and wss diagnosed with reflux and an allergy either dairy or hayfever. Doc prescribed infant gaviscon and for d first time ever he is asleep in his own cot without having fed or screamed for 5 hours straight! I have never been able to put him down and walk away without him waking and screaming. I cant believe i have not figured that that wasnt normal out sooner!

I cloth diaper. I dont find it too much work i wash the nappies once per day and have a good 3 day supply. I have fitteds and wraps. There r different types but i dont have ecperience wiyh them all.

The natural parenting forum on here has good tips and loadsa ladies there can tell u everything.

Do glad the doc was able to figure out what was going on and that you all have gotten done relief! We've not tried gaviscon (just a
Zantac and prolosec). Just keep in mind that these reflux meds )at least most of them) are weight dependent. So as he gains weight, dose will need to be adjusted up do it continues to be effective.

And don't best yourself up about not figuring it out...it took us a while to get it sorted as well.

ProudArmyWife - definitely check out the natural parenting section. They're fluff butt addicts over there. Seriously!! They will be happy to guide you. :) I spent some time over there with my first.. but I'm a causal cloth user... ie when they matched her outfits... lol so I'm not the best person to give advice.

Myra - finally found the Gerber drops! Walgreens got them in and hubs picked them up for me tonight. Haven't used them yet though. Excited. :)

I've decided that Gabriel definitely doesn't have a diary allergy. He doesn't cry unconsolably. His poops are normally yellow (other than after his heb B jag yesterday when they went a tad greeny/brown.) He does have baby acne but no crazy rashes... HOWEVER, that said I do believe he has a sensitivity to the milk protein unaltered. Does that make sense? I can eat pizza and he's fine. If I have a bowl of cereal, a glass of milk or half in half in my decaf coffee he's spewing like Mt. Saint Baby. The last 3 times I've had straight milk he's done this... the doctor wasn't concerned because it's not really more than 2 tablespoons at a time (which actually feels like quite a lot while cascading down your top) and he's gaining weight. So I'm just going to cut milk out of my diet and see if we can stem the baby spew tide. So thankful it's not a straight out allergy though. I don't know what I would do if I had to eliminate all dairy from my diet... I'd lose my mind.. granted I'd probably be able to drop these stubborn 30lbs too.... ;)

Hope things are continuing to work out with Gabe. Just wanted to say that you don't actually have to see blood in stool for allergy to be present. Connors was microscopic so we couldn't see it but it tested positive for the blood so we knew it was there

Myra - finally found the Gerber drops! Walgreens got them in and hubs picked them up for me tonight. Haven't used them yet though. Excited. :)

I've decided that Gabriel definitely doesn't have a diary allergy. He doesn't cry unconsolably. His poops are normally yellow (other than after his heb B jag yesterday when they went a tad greeny/brown.) He does have baby acne but no crazy rashes... HOWEVER, that said I do believe he has a sensitivity to the milk protein unaltered. Does that make sense? I can eat pizza and he's fine. If I have a bowl of cereal, a glass of milk or half in half in my decaf coffee he's spewing like Mt. Saint Baby. The last 3 times I've had straight milk he's done this... the doctor wasn't concerned because it's not really more than 2 tablespoons at a time (which actually feels like quite a lot while cascading down your top) and he's gaining weight. So I'm just going to cut milk out of my diet and see if we can stem the baby spew tide. So thankful it's not a straight out allergy though. I don't know what I would do if I had to eliminate all dairy from my diet... I'd lose my mind.. granted I'd probably be able to drop these stubborn 30lbs too.... ;)

Hope things are continuing to work out with Gabe. Just wanted to say that you don't actually have to see blood in stool for allergy to be present. Connors was microscopic so we couldn't see it but it tested positive for the blood so we knew it was there

He seems to be doing great with just the elimination of milk from my diet and the addition of the probitoics. We haven't even had to use the gripe water in a week! No more crazy back arching or inconsolable crying. The spit up is greatly reduced (although far from gone!!) He's definitely a happier baby now. :)

i started reducing dairy a week ago Saturday, then decided to go completely dairy free Thursday, cause she was still having bowel issues, though she isn't pooping non stop anymore

She's still got the rash (it had started clearing but is now spreading). she seems to be feeding better at night.

How long does it take to show results through skin/bowel? or does that take longer? i feel so bad for her poor face.

Dairy can stay in your system for 2-3 weeks, so you won't see optimal results until after that.

that's what i read, darn. was hoping there would be some more for sure signs its helping. it is nice to.see her actually feeding at night and not straining so badly to go. but its hard to tell if its coincidence or not cause her bm is still yucky and her rash is still bad. Thinking of it, i suppose it'd make sense tjat a rash would take longer if its due to food allergy since it is still in her system.

He seems to be doing great with just the elimination of milk from my diet and the addition of the probitoics. We haven't even had to use the gripe water in a week! No more crazy back arching or inconsolable crying. The spit up is greatly reduced (although far from gone!!) He's definitely a happier baby now. :)

So happy to hear that! :)

Midwife came today and zack has put on just under a pound again and has gone from 9lb 2 to 10 lb 1oz in a week :) good news.

I have been diagnosed by dr with an uti getting results Friday for it. And also been given stool softener as well :( and been told to keep taking paracetamol and my other pain killers as still in quite a bit of pain where my scar is from c sect. I stopped taking them 3 days after getting out of hospital lol oh well :)

Good job Zach! :D ugh... utis.. I thought I was getting one but they said no.. I guess things are just sore from cather trauma. blerg!!

Reminder - to chat with most of us in real time head over to our private facebook group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/455717624521756/ it's a great place to stay entertained in the middle of the night when you're up feeding/settling those babies! I think most of ya'll have found your way but just to let those know who haven't! (We've recorded 43 babies and have 30 members over there - so I'd say we almost have all our active moms!)

Has anyone else had mastitis? I have it currently, and I'm so glad I finally got the diagnosis. I was feeling awful like I had the flu since the weekend. On Monday my left breast started feeling like someone had punched it! And it suddenly hurt to latch baby on. Yesterday I had a fever of 101.8 F. :( Got prescribed antibiotics and am starting to feel better already. Nursing constantly to try and clear the plugged ducts. Phew. So glad I caught it early, since late signs of mastitis (from what I've read online) look terrible!
Going to try cabbage leaves later on, wish me luck!

Good job Zach! :D ugh... utis.. I thought I was getting one but they said no.. I guess things are just sore from cather trauma. blerg!!

Reminder - to chat with most of us in real time head over to our private facebook group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/455717624521756/ it's a great place to stay entertained in the middle of the night when you're up feeding/settling those babies! I think most of ya'll have found your way but just to let those know who haven't! (We've recorded 43 babies and have 30 members over there - so I'd say we almost have all our active moms!)

I have sent a request to join :)

It seems like its quiet over here now that most of us are on facebook group

i'm just struggling to find time for bnb full stop lol. fb is way easier nowadays :(

i'm just struggling to find time for bnb full stop lol. fb is way easier nowadays :(

waaaay easier. it beeps at me when someone has a question! and I don't have to scroll back pages to figure out who said what!

waaaay easier. it beeps at me when someone has a question! and I don't have to scroll back pages to figure out who said what!

I am finding it hard to get on here and keep up with this :haha:

FB beeps and flashes at me, when I lost my phone it was hell at the night feeds.

I'm the same way its easier when you get alerted...is everyone in the facebook group now that still posts on here

Ugh anyone else had the :witch: return? Don't get me wrong I'm happy she's back since it means I'm not pregnant anymore but I really could do without the cramping :haha:

Has anyone else had mastitis? I have it currently, and I'm so glad I finally got the diagnosis. I was feeling awful like I had the flu since the weekend. On Monday my left breast started feeling like someone had punched it! And it suddenly hurt to latch baby on. Yesterday I had a fever of 101.8 F. :( Got prescribed antibiotics and am starting to feel better already. Nursing constantly to try and clear the plugged ducts. Phew. So glad I caught it early, since late signs of mastitis (from what I've read online) look terrible!
Going to try cabbage leaves later on, wish me luck!

I've had it with each of my kids. Not fun at all, is it? The good news is, that you'll know the early signs if you get it again. I ended up in the hospital the first time, and after that was able to catch it within hours of it starting, so it wasn't nearly as bad. Hoping you are pretty much recovered now....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->