*.*.*~ July Sunshines 2012 ~*.*.*52 pinks, 65 blues, 20 yellows & 2 twins so far :)

We have decided to name our daughter Madeleine Grace. Unfortunately she doesn't really want to feed and we are stuck on the postnatal ward which is fairly tough going emotionally watching people arrive after us and leave before us. Feel fairly shellshocked and clueless but after getting a bit teary yesterday am getting lots of support from mw and feeding team. Hopefully it won't take too much longer for her to get the idea....
https://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa409/elliejesky/bd6aee85.jpg

I totally understand how you feel, my little man really struggled with feeding he was also born with low blood sugar & ended up in our neonatal unit on a drip to increase his blood sugar.

I assume it's breast feedibg she's struggling with? If so here's what worked for us.

Firstly position. The tummy to tummy face plant which seems to be what everyone teaches does not work for lazy babies! Xander still won't feed like that now. Try holding her underarm so she's lying to the side of you & you cradle her like that. From there I simply lean forward so boob hangs in right place & he can suckle from there. Once she has a good latch you can sit up simply cradling her to the boob. Another good one is lying on your side with baby lying on the side facing the boob. They can latch on much easier from here & it's really comfortable for mum, also good at getting them back to sleep!!

Another thing is get her naked!! Or at least down to nappy! It keeps them more alert. If Xander loses interest before he's had enough ill also pass him to Daddy to wake him up again. (tickling feet while on the boob also helps)

This may not go down too well with some but we ended up giving a bottle of formula to him. We had to to get him off the drip & out of neonatal & even the Drs thought it was time to top up. I gave him 1 which he guzzled in 5 mins flat. Next feed he had a really good 20 mins on the breast then we topped up with another bottle which he again downed. Since then he hasn't had a bottle & feeds brilliantly from the boob. I think it took giving him a full tummy for him to realise it was good to eat! He's still lazy & i often have to wake him to feed but at least he will now eat when I do!!

I'm sure you've been given loads of advice & each baby is different but wanted to share what worked with my lo. Really hope you find what works for your lo soon. It's so stressful having a baby who won't feed. :hugs:

We have decided to name our daughter Madeleine Grace. Unfortunately she doesn't really want to feed and we are stuck on the postnatal ward which is fairly tough going emotionally watching people arrive after us and leave before us. Feel fairly shellshocked and clueless but after getting a bit teary yesterday am getting lots of support from mw and feeding team. Hopefully it won't take too much longer for her to get the idea....
https://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa409/elliejesky/bd6aee85.jpg

she is absolutely gorgeous and what a lovely name! i hope she starts to feed regularly for you, it's good that you're getting all the help and support too <3

Just to let you know I had Bentley at 3:26am 5/7/12 weighing 7lbs 6 x

I'm sure she will pick it up soon....and she's just beautiful and the name is gorgeous.

Darlin65- hope he stays the right way round for you x

Think I was wrng because he is for sure breech now :cry: I hate not being able to tell what is what in there. Idk how women say or there's a foot there. For all I know it could be a foot or an elbow :dohh: I also get wiggles and movement up high and down low so there is no telling what he is doing in there. I need a little window. ALL pregnant bellies should come equipped with a window :wacko:

Can you please add me to the list of July babies I am due July 27th and we are team yellow

thank you

Congratulations Emma. I hope you are both doing well x

Well congratulations Emma! I had a feeling you had your little man as I had not heard of you in a while. So glad everything went well and he is finally here! Can't wait to read your birth story! :hugs: xx

Well Ladies we will be having our little man one way or another on Monday the 9th. We are going in for an EVC at 5:45am Monday morning and if they get him turned they will induce me immediately and if they can't turn him we will be having a C-section.

can I be added to the list? Due July 21 and expecting girl.

Please PLease PLEASE keep us n your prayers. Based on where we found Logan's HB and his movement we "think" he may be head down and we would LOVE for him to be that way and stay that way until Monday!

Darlin65- Praying he is head down and you can avoid a c-section x

Ms. Hope- I don't think there's any 21st July due dates yet, you'll be the first. Oh and welcome xx

Just wanted to update this thread, my Team Yellow due July 17th Sunshine came on June 28th and is Team Pink! :)

Just wanted to update this thread, my Team Yellow due July 17th Sunshine came on June 28th and is Team Pink! :)

I absolutely LOVE the name Aria. Only discovered it recently and we chose our name ages ago so she has been Lily since we found out it was a girl. We are keeping Aria in mind if we have any more and it's a girl.

Oh and congratulations lol x

Ooh, congrats !! I'm also due 17th July with a yellow one, can't wait to find out the flavour now ! Hope all went well with the birth and that you're both doing great (a teeny bit jealous that your wait is over tho :winkwink: ) enjoy your baby girl :flower:

Hi July Sunshines!

Just wanted to let you know our fab news! Ethan Alexander Clarke joined us (on his due date!!) 3rd July at 4.03am! He was 8llbs of pure perfection! We are so in love !

Hope alls well with everyone and look forward to hearing the news of all the July sunshine arrivals! xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->