• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

June Roses: Read and Discuss The White Queen and The Red Queen

Sarahkka

Mama to Two Fine Boys!
Reaction score
So it looks like several people are interested in The White Queen and The Red Queen by Philippa Gregory as possible books for discussion selections.
I am going to go ahead and declare June the month for all things War of the Roses and Red and White Queens! :)
That should give everyone lots of time to get a hold of copies of each.
If reading both in one month is too much, we can extend our timeline, too!

Post below if you're in! :happydance:

A quick link for the first book (The White Queen) if anyone is interested:
https://www.philippagregory.com/work/plantaganet/the-white-queen/

me me me me!

I will download samples of both on my Nook tonight. I will be in (unless I find them truly dreadful, but I doubt it cuz I read the description and they sound great!)

I'm in! I'm gonna finish the book I'm reading now first (Sing you Home, by Jodi Picoult). I started it earlier and should be done in two/three days time. :)

I actually think I'm going to have to pass on this one, just started a full-time job and I need to adjust to that before I commit to this. But keep me posted, I might be ready for the next round! Happy reading all!

Hmmm.
I am #8 on the holds list at the library.
Hope I get a copy by June! :(

I'll join in! I love Philippa Gregory's books! The White Queen comes first tho right? :dohh:

Yes, the White Queen is first.
I just picked up both copies from the library, so I may have to read them early and discuss through June. Or breakdown and actually buy them ..... :blush:

I'm buying the White Queen now on Amazon...it's $8. I hate reading used books. :rofl:

I have them both on my Kindle but I'm one of those people who doesn' like reading stuff I *have* to read.. So I'm enjoying reading other stuff for now :lol: I will read it though

I have them both on my Kindle but I'm one of those people who doesn' like reading stuff I *have* to read.. So I'm enjoying reading other stuff for now :lol: I will read it though

Is that the new Jodi Piccault you are reading? I love her books :thumbup:

I've read the Red Queen but can't find the White Queen at a price I want to pay yet (I hate paying full price for books LOL) :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->