Jury service.

tiggy

2 DD: Alyssa and Erika.
Reaction score
Have you ever had to do it?

I was called up in 2002 but because my stepdad comited suicide a week before I got the letter I was let off.

Ray starts on Tuesday

I've never had to do Jury service but have always wanted too. I wish I was being 'called' for it, I think it would be so interesting. :)

My OH did jury service just before Christmas! He said it was a lot of waiting around :haha: I'd rather do that then work!! X

I got called up for it when I was about 18. I didn't even get to the point of seeing if I was selected for the jury. The way it was when I did it was that they called more people than they needed for the jury, then there would be some kind of random selection to pick the actual jury. As it was, I sat about for two days, then the two girls changed their pleas to guilty (I presume some kind of "deal" was made) so we were all released from duty at that point.

Ive done it and i actually really enjoyed it! There is a lot of waiting around so make sure you take a good book, but learning about everything was really interesting. I was lucky because on the Monday of my first week i got called for a trial that lasted 8 days so there wasnt a lot of waiting around for me.

I hope you enjoy it and find it interesting:happydance:

I got called up just before Xmas but it was cancelled so I'm doing it on April instead.
I'm actually looking forward to it.

Before LO I really wanted to do it but now I would hate it, being away from LO without any say and I've stopped watching the news because it's starting to really get to me so don't think I would cope well with a lot of cases.

I would hate it, such a hassle if you need to arrange childcare etc, my mum had to do it last year, and our court house is 3 hours bus ride away.. i just don't see how that was very fair ? and she lost on her earnings as my parents are self employed and it would of been a pain in the bum to try and re claim them. so yeah i would be annoyed as i would have to sit on a bus for 3 hours lol :(

I'd love it :D Never been called up though.

I had a letter once telling me I was due to do it but nothing ever happened :( I was so looking forward to it! haha

I did it in 2010. I was called up when lo was 7 months old and she was still breastfeeding. I put it off for that reason and said i'd be available after the end of Oct - DS only fed for 8 months so i was aiming to get to 12 months and stop - I got called again for the Nov and i was still feeding. Thankfully i was able to just feed her late once i got back from the jury. I was really lucky as the courts are only a 10-15min walk from my home. As i don't work we actually were better off with me doing the service. I did only have to do 1 week though which i was gutted about as i really enjoyed it lol. We had an alleged assault and and alleged drug thing. One not guilty the other other so obviously was guilty but we couldn't quite pin it on him.

Generally you wouldn't get anything too bad in local court. Thing like child abuse and murder do tend to go to crown court.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->