Just 2 things...

xnewxmummyx

Mummy, Daddy and Isobelle
Reaction score
Firstly my LO is 6wks old and throughout the day wakes up every 2hrs but only takes 2-3oz, she only does this when im home alone, when OH is here she sleeps for 3-4 then takes 4-5oz! She takin me for a ride??? Lol!

Secondly, is my way of makin bottles OK, day and night I fill bottles to 3oz with cooled boiled water, then fill powder dispensers with correct amount of formula, then when she is ready I top up to required amount with water from a flask and add formula ... this OK??? I do this day, night, and on the go....

Xx

Have you tried keeping her occupied when she wakes for a bit? Like change her nappy but take ur time over it by singing or talking rubbing her legs and feet or tickling her? Takes my little ones mind off the hunger for 20 mins...

As for the bottles the water needs to be over 70 degrees for it to kill the bacteria in the powder. As long as the water is this hot when adding the powder then thats fine

X

the way you make up the feeds is just finex

As long as you're using the feeds immediately, then they're just fine.

And if your LO is looking for her bottle every time you feed her, then you're doing just fine. Do you know her hunger cues? My LO brings her hands to her mouth and has a specific cry when she's hungry. She might sleep longer when your OH is around because your attention isn't on her as much, iykwim.

your method of making up bottles is ok but not ideal. The water should be 70 degrees or above when it is mixed with the formula so you would be better to make completely, fast cool then refridgerate and re heat as needed. The bottles are ok for 24 hours from when they are made.

I used to pre-make my bottles but figured cos i did the flask procedure when out and out it would be ok for all day as we are out and about alot ...???

Also my HV told me today to try and pacify Isobelle for longer if she wakes every 2hrs for feeds and try get her to 3hrs. She weighs 12lb 5oz now eeek...

X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->