Just a few questions...

Dani

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Firstly I'd like to say congratulations to all the new mums! I'm in University in Cardiff doing a project on how time passes. My chosen topic is pregnancy as I find it fascinating how until the baby is born it isn't really thought of as a person with emotions and opinions; often being referred to as bump!

It would be really helpful to me if you could possibly answer some of my questions :) Please don't feel like you have to answer them all, or give complicated answers, but it would be really helpful for me to get a good insight into pregnancy. Thank you! :thumbup:

- If your pregnancy was unplanned, was it scary at first or exciting?

- Are there any things that you've had to give up or cut back on since you
became pregnant?

- Are there any things that you feel you should have given up or cut back
on and haven't?

- What has been the best experience during your pregnancy so far?

- What has been the worst experience during your pregnancy so far?

Thank you for spending the time to read this. Any help will be gratefully appreciated!
xXx Dani xXx

Hi everyone!

Firstly I'd like to say congratulations to all the new mums! I'm in University in Cardiff doing a project on how time passes. My chosen topic is pregnancy as I find it fascinating how until the baby is born it isn't really thought of as a person with emotions and opinions; often being referred to as bump!

It would be really helpful to me if you could possibly answer some of my questions :) Please don't feel like you have to answer them all, or give complicated answers, but it would be really helpful for me to get a good insight into pregnancy. Thank you! :thumbup:

became pregnant?

on and haven't?

Thank you for spending the time to read this. Any help will be gratefully appreciated!
xXx Dani xXx

If your pregnancy was unplanned, was it scary at first or exciting?

It was unpanned it was scary for the 1st day or 2 and then i was well excited.

became pregnant?
I had to give up smoking which i did the min i thought i might be preg. Also had to give up drinking. But neither of these has bothered me.

on and haven't?
Fatty foods. Im eating much better than i used to. Im veggie so gotta make sure i eat alot of green leafy veg for iron and i eat sunflower seeds etc for protien. But i still eat my chips etc which i shouldnt :blush:

Feeling baby kick. And finding out it was a boy. and oh just being preg.

Being in car crash at 17 weeks and thinking i might lose baby. But didnt and he fine and healthy :happydance:

hope this helps xxx

- If your pregnancy was unplanned, was it scary at first or exciting? It was planned but completely unexpected as it was the one month i didnt actually "try" so was very exciting

became pregnant? Have had to give up smoking and drinking :cry:

on and haven't? Junk foods, i hardly ate them before i was PG but my body seems to be craving them more now

- What has been the best experience during your pregnancy so far? Finding out i was pregnant after trying for so long

The morning sickness ... ewww please go away!!

Hope some of this helps you

It was planned. It is really exciting but still a bit scary at times when you consider that this little one will rely on you for life.

became pregnant?

Yes Wine, Brie, Smoked Salmon. Spa sessions, rollercoaster rides, ice skating, skiing i'm sure there are others.

on and haven't?

No

Haven't had any scans yet, so definetely getting the positive result

Cramps, backache and tiredness. oh and trying to pee in a bottle(that's not easy!!!)

I was in shock for the first day or so, & then I got very excited.

became pregnant?

I've given up drinking & smoking (although I was only a social smoker so I didn't find it hard to stop at all)

on and haven't?

Hmm I don't think so. I sometimes eat junk food, but I also eat healthy stuff, so it balances it out.

Either seeing the heartbeat flickering away at a scan I had at 8 weeks or hearing the heartbeat loud & clear for the first time yesterday! It makes the pregnancy seem so much more real (that may sound stupid but sometimes I forget I'm pregnant because I don't have a bump etc).

My fiance taking the news badly & saying we couldn't have another child etc. (He came round to the idea after about a week & now he's more excited than me!)

My pregnany was unplanned but it was very exciting right from when we found out !

I have given up all the usual stuff like drinking and all the foods that are not recommended during pg

No ive given up everything

As im still im my early stages so it was my + result

The not so good stuff is the sickness and the tiredness

Hope this helps

:happydance:

My pregnancy was planned, and it was very exciting!

became pregnant?
Not really, other than the odd glass of wine!

on and haven't?
Only the amount of junk I eat! And I am trying to cut back on fizzy drinks, without much success!

Other than finding out we were pregnant, the 12 week scan was the best experience! Seeing our little baby wriggling away was amazing!

Morning, afternoon and evening sickness! And feeling so tired and achey!!!

It was unplanned, I was scared then excited then freaked out then happy then terrified and then worried and now its all a bit wooo.... its an emotional roller coaster!

- Are there any things that you've had to give up or cut back on since you became pregnant?
yep, smoking, drinking, going out with my friends as much (as they smoke a lot and dont know about me yet but its just easier for me to not go out with them at the moment. Beef, beef now makes me heave.

on and haven't ?

caffine, i'm still having a bit too much of that i think and i know i shouldn't.
also the really sugery drinks and the shear amount of sugery and unhealthy things i'm eating!!

seeing my bump grow and always having someone to talk to (bump) i find myself talking to it when i am alone :blush:

morning sickness, and the worry the constant worry i wont allow myself to buy anything until the scan i had bleeding at 5, 8 and 12 weeks the constant worry about "can I lift this" "can I eat this?" "would it tempt fate if I buy..." i've been around looking at baby things but always "for my cousin" or "for my auntie" so as to not tempt fate and its always a quick look like "Oooooops i've accidently walked into mothercare.... or Ooooooops i'm in the baby isle at the supermarket" looking at things out of the corner of my eye lol

It was planned so very exciting!

became pregnant?

My rose wine that I love!

on and haven't?

I'm trying to balance out eating well with the junk food that I crave!

My 12 week scan

The tiredness but that's about it so far

Hey there Sweetheart, I don't mind answering at all.

- If your pregnancy was unplanned, was it scary at first or exciting? - It was unplanned but both, at the time I didn't think I could be a mommy, so wow. Unplanned but definitely not unwanted. Was shocked but over the moon.

became pregnant? Only alcohol really, and pate. the rest of what we need to avoid I don't really eat. I've never smoked.. and even when I did drink alcohol it was only occasionally. Well actually, I've had to give up on my holistic treatments too, you're not allowed them in the first tri.

on and haven't? - Not really, I'm following the advice I've been given by the M/W and stuff I've found out online. The only thing that worries me is I'm training as an holistic therapist, and before I realised I was expecting I was using Aroma oils on clients, but it was very little so should have done no damage at all.

- What has been the best experience during your pregnancy so far? Just when it actually sinks in and you think... wow... there's a baby growing in my tummy.

- What has been the worst experience during your pregnancy so far? Heh, the babies Dad basically turning his back on us. I'm gonna be a single mommy and that scares me right now. But I know no matter what I would do anything to make sure my baby was happy and safe. xxXxx

- If your pregnancy was unplanned, was it scary at first or exciting? EXCITING

became pregnant?
I cant eat meat but i never smoked before i was pregnant and didnt drink much so havent really given up anything...have cut down on drinking Coke (i drank alot!) and changed to water
on and haven't? Nope

- What has been the best experience during your pregnancy so far? Seeing the baby on the scan stretching!!

- What has been the worst experience during your pregnancy so far? The morning sickness!!! More like all day sickness!!

It was unplanned yes, but we'd talked about trying for a baby, weve been together a yr & ive never got caught, so when my 20th bday came & i tested it was a shock, it took me a few weeks for it too sink in i suppose. But now i am over the moon that im pregnant.

became pregnant?

Drinking alcohol, but i aint much of a drinker anyhow. So it's easy for me, hehe.

on and haven't?

Junk food, as ive read on the internet - the unhealthy your diet, the more at risk your putting yourself in for getting post-natel depression. But ive always eaten crap, and i cant help myself :laugh2:

I haven't had a best experience as of yet, im waiting for my scan which is in 9days, so i think that will be the best experience.

Feeling tired, feeling sick, being moody, especially towards my fiance, lol. I dont like it but i cant control my moods.

mine was very unplanned, was on the pill, was scared at first, but now im over the moon.

Are there any things that you've had to give up or cut back on since you
became pregnant?

Should have really gien up smoking from the day i found out but i have just cut back, i wasn't a heavey smoker in the first place but now i smoke about 5 a day. still naughty i know. and had to stop drinking, that didnt bother me at all tho.

Are there any things that you feel you should have given up or cut back
on and haven't?

i feel i should have given up smoking totally but i just can't im not strong enough. i should really stop eating takeaway food and start cooking proper healthy meals but im always too tired and choose the easy option.

What has been the best experience during your pregnancy so far?

doing the test and there being a little plus there. and then the three million tests i did after that just to make sure haha

What has been the worst experience during your pregnancy so far?

morning sickness which started yesterday. not nice

We had been trying for a few months then stopped trying, and thats when i conceived so i was quite scared at first, but really happy and excited at the same time!

became pregnant?

Pate! I absolutely love it and used to eat it all the time.... now im trying to control the cravings but have been good so far. Also miss riding my horses

on and haven't?

I should have cut out junk food in the early days but I'm slowly getting better!

Finding out at my 20 week scan that im having a little girl - I was so pleased!

Having to be rushed into hosp at 5 weeks because they thought it was ectopic. And having to deal with a very insensitive midwife on monday when I couldnt feel baby moving.

Hope this helps! xx

It was planned so exciting :D

became pregnant?

I have given up Alcohol and Coffee and I onyl have 2 cups of caffinated tea per day. I have also given up shellfish and cottage cheese which I love.

on and haven't?

Curry, but i can't get enough spicy food at the mo

I am only 7 weeks tomorrow, so it would probably be finding out for certain

Feeling ill, but I don't have it as bad as most so I can't complain. :D

- If your pregnancy was unplanned, was it scary at first or exciting? It was most defintely unplanned. We weren't actively trying but obviously were not doing enough to prevent it either. It was pretty much the scariest thing ever in my entire life.

became pregnant? Red wine. Mmmm how I love red wine.

on and haven't? Junk food.

- What has been the best experience during your pregnancy so far? Hearing the heartbeat!

- What has been the worst experience during your pregnancy so far? The toll its been taking on my relationship and the spontaneous vomiting.

:hi:

-If your pregnancy was unplanned, was it scary at first or exciting?

100 % unplanned.
It was very scary at first,after about 2 weeks it became exciting and now it's totally wonderful...

became pregnant?

Not really.Of course,alchocol,but I can definitely handle it...
And horse riding.Thats the one thing I truly miss...

on and haven't?

Coffee.I'm an addict and I still haven't cut back on it.:lol:

Scans,finding out it's a girl,kicks,buying clothes...pregnancy in general...

The constant sickness and dizzy spells in the 1st trimester...

Terrifying. It still is now. But there are exciting times too!

became pregnant?

I stopped smoking the day I found out. Ive been stopped for 7 months now. Also alcohol.

on and haven't?

No

Feeling him move and the 20 week scan were amazing

At 11 weeks I had some bleeding and cramping. I was told my the hospital I was miscarrying, or I had an ectopic pregnancy. I had to wait 2 days for an 'emergency' scan, and then when I went for it everything was fine.

xxx

It was scary at first because I was so worried about telling my parents and how much my life was going to change because I'm so young

became pregnant?

I haven't had any alcohol since I found out I was pregnant

on and haven't?

No, I don't believe in the whole paranoia associated with pregnancy. Apart from pates and soft cheeses I've eaten, in sensible moderation, everything else e.g. Lion marked eggs runny. Mothers in the past have had perfectly healthy babies and bot had to avoid almost all food! However I feel like I shouldn't eat so many Mcdonalds!

Feeling my LO kicking and when my OH feels her. Also seeing her on the 20 week scan when she looked like a real little person

When I was told my baby wasn't growing. She has started to now but I'm being monitered just incase which has made me feel much better

It was unplanned and my first reaction was pure excitement! It wasnt the best time to get pregnant in my life - but it was welcome!

became pregnant?

I used to drink a little several times a week and then every three or four months I would have a binge. I stopped drinking as soon as I found out. i also ate more heathily.

on and haven't?

I wish i continues to eat mor healthily and laid of some of the junk. I treated pregnancy as an excuse to go with my cravings for junk.

Seeing him on the scans, and sharing the first movements with my partner.

Finding out he has spinal bifida and having to tell the father whilst he was away. Being on my own whilst the father is away and dealing with the fear of spinal befida on my own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->