Just a phone call and thing gets easier

mylittlebubs

Reaction score
My LO is 3 months and a week old and it's very difficult to put him to sleep.
Few days ago I phoned my mom and she asked how LO was , i said i was trying to put him to sleep but it's been over an hour.. she asked what i do and i told her...
She asked if i ever sing these old lullabies we sang long long time ago where we live in the countryside, i said no but i do remember a few of them.
So i did and it WORKED !!!:happydance:
Now everytime he's tired and sleepy i just lie him in my arms and start singing and it takes 10-15 minutes he would close his eyes and go to sleep :hugs:
What have i been doing for the last 3 months :dohh:

:D Glad you've found something that works! x

i know it's great, if OH holding the baby and he's sleepy he just hand the baby to me and say "go to mummy, she;s going to sing her songs to put you to sleep"
2 days ago i was singing in the bedroom and he came in and asked "what are you singing?",lol
OH is ENglish and i;m Thai, so he didn;'t know what i was on about

when matthew seems to be having trouble getting to sleep, even now at 10 months, I lay with him and sing Hush Little baby ...... etc etc. I don't know all the words so i end up making them up after diamond ring :) but it really doesn't matter, it must be the tune or the soft tone of my voice, it works every time.

glad you found something that works xx

singing works for Hannah, the grand ol duke of york quietens her almost instantly 9 times out of 10

my LO likes to have frère jacques sang to him. i'm not sure how i found that out as I'm the worlds worst singer and I dont particularly like that tune, but it seems to work and Teddy seems the only person in the world who doesnt think i'm a bad singer!!!

so glad it works, twinkle twinkle little star used to send kacy to sleep and as she got older it just calmed her down, with kira it just calms her down and relaxes her.

Glad you´ve found something that works. I sing Sam to sleep all the time - I´m not sure if it actually works, or he just goes to sleep so I´ll shut up singing!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->