Just a quick poll

LoobyLou75

Mum of 3
Reaction score
I am thinking of switching to exclusively FF after having so many problems with BF and am wondering what formula you use and what you think of it. Is your baby thriving on it?

Earl is on SMA 1 and has been since birth. We tried him on their Hungry Baby but it didn't agree with him. He's a hungry boy, takes around 40oz a day (between 35 and 42 oz) and now weighs around 20lb at 4.5 months old. He was a big lad though lol.

We've never had any issues at all with SMA but a lot of people, including HV's say that it can cause constipation. It's supposedly heavier than others, and this is where the problems lie. We've never had any issues like I say though and Earl seems to like it.

I chose SMA becuase I was an SMA baby all those years ago and I found out that hubby was too so thought it would be the obvious choice (having said that the recipe has probably changed so much in those years it's probably not the same stuff :dohh:) but I thought we'd most likely be ok if we both had been.

I've read that Aptamil is supposed to be the closest to breastmilk, and I know of a lot of people who's LO's have done well on it....in fact I was asked why I wasn't on Aptamil on a number of occasions when he was little.

Best of luck :flower:

I tried my LO on SMA (just a carton) as I was an SMA baby, and it made her sick, so we avoided that one! Started out on Aptimil, but it made her constipated. She's now on C&G, and we've never looked back.

i breast fed for the first 4 weeks then switched to aptimal, i had no problems at all and callum didnt even blink at the change

Iv breastfed up to now but Kaidon has had atleast 2 bottles a day for the last few weeks, on HiPP organic, agrees with him better than anything else x

I started out with Aptamil because that's what they had in the local shop when I threw in the BF towel at 10pm on a sunday night. I can tell no difference to cow and gate, which is what I use now - except that c&g is cheaper!

Amongst my friends and family, most of our LO's that have tried aptamil didn't get on too well with it.

I tried sma but logan got really constipated o n it so we changed to aptamil. Since then he has been fine :)

My little girl was very sicky on Aptamil but she was great on cow and gate comfort. Jack however is fantastic on Aptamil. xxx

SMA cause me and OH were both SMA babies so logically thought she'd take to it better :lol: had no problems so far! x

sma -kai was always sick (maybe because of milk maybe a bit of reflux im not sure) on the gold we tried hungrier baby but it made him constipated i wish id just tried a different milk because after 6 months we put him on the 6 month + (red one) and he was fine totally agreed with him now he is on aptimil 1yr plus and cows milk i dont think id choose sma next time but i think id definatly try different ones if it didnt agree with baby as hv tell you not to but i wish i had

I tried sma but logan got really constipated o n it so we changed to aptamil. Since then he has been fine :)

I've had exactly the same experience with Rebecca.

Evie has Aptamil because I'd read that it doesnt cause constipation like SMA can, and I can say that she's never been constipated :D
And is she thriving? She was 7lb 2oz when she was born and at her last weigh in at 17 weeks, she was 15lb 8oz and in between the 75th and 91st percentiles..so yeah, she's more than thriving :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->