Just a rant

Oh my god! I wish I could give you any advice! I hope your husband can find something.
I wish you all the strength to face the man. Cannot you request and other person to meet with instead of this one?

Tasha, I thought so but wasn't sure :hugs:
In that case, I would imagine it's inappropriate that they have given you an appt to see him.

Your head must be in shreds over this, I'm sorry hun :hugs:

I understand completely hun. I was very wary this time round as I had a mmc in may. I wish I could come with you just to make sure how u felt and what u want got put across and they listened.
Wishing you all the very best. I hope you manage to get in with some else. Maybe you could ring the department and speak to the co ordinator or person in charge. I'd seriously hope they wouldn't put you back in with someone like him knowing ur past with him xx

Tash hon, i am so sorry you have to go through this. Previous posters already said it all about rescheduling, if i were you i'd call in and insist to be seen by another doctor. to be honest, if i were a medical professional and that would have happened to me, i'd die as well at the thought of seeing that person again, out of guilt and shame and idiocy and personal mistake that has cost someone so much, a loss that can't be undone.
so maybe they already noticed and fixed you someone else this time.

i keep everything crossed for you that it goes smoothly this time. you deserve it so so much, and your family as well.

Thank you all so much. I'm so relieved to say that one of my husbands work friends has wiggled things around and can now cover him 10-1 (appointment is at 11.15) :dance: I still rather not see him however having DH will make me feel more confident and if I fall to pieces then at least I have an advocate :)

Glad you got Hubby to go with you! Wishing you all the best for your appointment!

Thank you all so much. I'm so relieved to say that one of my husbands work friends has wiggled things around and can now cover him 10-1 (appointment is at 11.15) :dance: I still rather not see him however having DH will make me feel more confident and if I fall to pieces then at least I have an advocate :)

So pleased he can go with you :thumbup: :hugs:

Thank you K4th. I'm definitely going to do that.

Thank you Emy. I hope you're okay?

Fine thank you lovely! Just the standard constant nausea and exhaustion! How are you doing symptom?

So after all the worry he just didn't bother showing up today :dohh:

The Dr I did see has scared me so much and offered me little care to counteract my worries. They want to reduce my blood thinners from 180mg a day to 40mg a day. Seriously! They said it can cause osteoporosis, I'm young I need my bones blah blah blah. I've refused so they said we will review in four weeks. I will refuse that again then too.

Also said I am extremely high risk for growth restriction which I knew but said each day I'm on this high dose of steroids (it's not high dose it is the normal dose in fact lower than some for natural killer cells) it increases my risk. I was meant to be having a vbac clinic appointment at 20 weeks (standard procedure in that hospital) but she said no point even discussing my choices until third tri as it's likely a section needed to help baby survive.

They told me I'm extremely high risk for miscarriage, stillbirth, growth restriction, pre eclampsia, preterm labour, premature rupture of membranes and gestational diabetes. I knew all that but it is so harsh hearing it, especially followed by oh you wI'll be getting growth scans at 28/32/36 weeks. My babies go from being fine to dead in less than four weeks, my scans need to be fortnightly. It's like they said here is all your risks and we are going to do f**k all to prevent it.

I'm gutted.

I've got the prem clinic (guy who runs it is the one who promised me fortnightly growth scan scans from 16 weeks) on Monday. I hope he listens but right now I feel so defeated.

So sorry to hear you've been let down at your appointment :hugs:

If I were you is write a formal complaint about care in this pregnancy. Highlight it to the managers, and their managers. Sometimes, talking to people will only get you so far. Put it in writing and you might get a different response. Give them hell!! You & your baby deserve the best care & the best chance.

Oh & I'd google who the main chairperson of the hospital is & direct your complaint there from the beginning.

So sorry you have to deal with this. :hugs: :hugs:

Gracious they're very unsympathetic! I assume you're on all those meds as whoever prescribed them felt it necessary for you to carry a baby till nearly full term again. Can you not see that doctor again or at least have them consult your doctor you're seeing? I'm sorry you're getting no support in this.

That is outrageous. Can you get a second opinion or switch hospitals? I can't believe they are being so flippant about this. I'm so angry for you right now!

Oh Tasha, I'm so sorry you are going through all of this :( I hope you are able to find someone who can listen to you and your concerns better than they have so far. Big hugs

file in a complaint and change your doctors Tash! They are paid to be CARETAKERS but they're not taking any care. this pointing fingers at you being high risk for this or that but offering very little help sounds like a colleague of the ******* doctor just pointing fingers your way to wash away responsibility of his colleague for lack of care in your previous pregnancy resulted in stillbirth.

i am so sorry you have to go through all this dear :hugs: but i'd definitely switch hospitals and change doctors, as these guys are more of a damage than of use!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->