Just a rant.

Peanut112

Reaction score
Alright. So. Ahem *clears throat* I'm 21, and have been engaged the last 2 years to the sweetest man. Because the economy crashed, I've moved in with my dad but plan to move out by the end of May.

I told my parents I was 13 weeks pregnant 3 WEEKS ago. My mother and father are separated, so I told them individually of course. My mother was thrilled… My dad was thrilled until he told his OH, and then his OH rudely panicked and told him that I'm screwing up my life and just throwing it away. So then my dad also disliked the fact that I'm pregnant.. Fine, whatever, if he want's to be influenced so harshly by his OH then it's fine… but it's been 3 WEEKS and they're STILL throwing their fits!!

At 5:30am I got a message from the OH about a picture I shared on Facebook that had NOTHING to do with whatever is going on. Starting drama… Now the OH is feeling sorry for themselves cause they have to tell their parents.. Who would probably be thrilled to hear the news. :growlmad:

Ugh I'm just sooo irritated!! I can understand the shock but seriously 3 weeks and you're still busy pouting!!?!?!?! Just get over yourselves already!! Nothing worse than having people drag you down..

If you got this far, thanks for reading <3 Is it fair for me to feel this?? Or am I being unreasonable?

I think you should talk to your dad ALONE, go out for lunch or a walk just you and him and open to him nicely about things, that you need his support right now and that you're giving him his first grandkid (I'm only assuming)

Stay away from his OH, don't text them back, limit them on social media and don't share baby news or updates with them, only privately with your dad.

If someone doesn't want to support my baby guess what!? You won't get to celebrate with me. Just be happy and enjoy this and don't let others misery get to you, no one will be as happy for you or your happiness or success in life so don't expect them to be, instead be extra happy and excited for yourself!

Congrats!

You aren't being unreasonable at all and I get it.

However I can understand the upset when you currently cannot afford a place of your own and are living with your dad, but you are having a baby. 3 weeks is nothing. This is for life. So they get to have their feelings too, they are justified. I'm sure they will come around eventually.

Thank you.
They seem to be getting over themselves. However, my dad is in this denial stage where it's not happening&#8230; He won't talk about it and he doesn't want to hear about it. Ugh&#8230; Men :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->