Just a whinge - crazy itching

Bubsta

Love my Girl & baby Boy!
Reaction score
Pointless thread, but I just feel like screaming in frustration. I'm sooo freakin' itchy!! I think I might have PUPPP on my belly and it is driving me nuts! Between waking up to pee 2-3 times a night and waking up 3-4 times a night itchy, I'm bloody tired and irritated. I'm using a mild steroid cream on my tummy which is doing jack shit and my OB just prescribed me the same cream. :growlmad: Clearly he isn't the one going crazy. (He perscribed the same cream before he even looked at my belly to see how bumpy it is!) Grrrrr. :cry: sorry for the hormonal rant. I'm just so freakin itchy!! Anyone have anything similar (it's like bumpy scar tissue on stretch marks - worse than dozens of mozzie bites in my opinion!). Any advice on what I can use to alleviate this? I've been using cold packs too. :cry: I didn't get this with my DD. so rude!

Hi. Is the itching just on your stomache because I suddenly developed itching few wweeks ago and mine was worse on hands and feet and I have been diagnosed with cholastasis. Have they done any blood tests? X x

Mine is just my tummy from the belly button down. No blood tests. TG I'm not itchy elsewhere and it hasn't spread. I hope your no longer suffering with the dreaded itch. Xx

I also have cholastasis! And itching is driving me insane! I must look like I have fleas!!! I was given cream called dermacool it's like got menthol in it and is really soothing! Maybe ask for something like that from ur doctor! I have really started making a mess of my skin! Xx

You poor thing. Sucks being so itchy! Dermacool is prescription? Would be great if could just buy over the counter. X

Am not sure to be honest Hun was just given it at hospital when they were scheduling my induction! It reminds me of like a sports freeze spray! I know e45 have started doing a bath bubbles type thing for itchy skin tho my husband had it for a rash on his leg! That might be worth a try! Xx

Ladies who have cholestasis, there is a support thread here. I hope you are being treated with Urso as well!

I had it with my last, and was not treated, i ended up having him 5 weeks early. This time I am being heavily monitored and will be induced no later than 37 weeks due to potential risks.

Bubsta, glad its not ICP and just PUPPS, but i think that its also very uncomfortable. hope you get some relief soon!

Im using calamine lotion on my itching. Its all the doctor suggested. But I have had blood tests fot OC. And have a liver scan on monday. If I go to the loo where I pull down my jeans is all it takes to set me off itching. Its mainly arms n legs now for me but was hands n feet. Hope u get some relief soon.

Lola sweet was there any complications with your first birth? Also was baby affected in anyway?

I've only been diagnosed this week at 38+ weeks! So being induced on Sunday when I will be 39+2! So quite late on for this! Not over worried tho as baby was monitored yesterday and appears healthy and is super active! Xx

Hi. I am being treated with urso. I was given 1000mg a day for first week then Monday I saw a different consultant and it wasnt on my note about dose n I didnt have a clue so she put me in lowest dose which ci is 300mg a day! Itching is a bit worse. My levels were not too high when I was diagnosed a week last Tuesday but dont know what they were Monday as I didnt have to wait for results. Consultant wouldn't even talk about inducing me and said it was too early. I was 36 weeks on Monday. I wasnt expecting her to induce me this week but I was hoping she would give me a date ti look towards as I also have severe spd and van now barely walk even with my crutches.
Not looking forward to going again for bloods Monday because if she doesn't give me a date I think I'll go insane. She didnt even monitor baby etc Monday just quickly checked heartbeat and asked if she was moving well to which I said she had been quiet the day before and that morning and she wasnt interested. If she doesn't do more checks next Monday I'm going to complain as im so worried about still birth and complications.

Where about is the support thread please?

I got told it movement isn't as it normally is to call and go and get checked straight away! So if ur movements not like normal go and get checked! I've read online and the doctor I saw yesterday said the same .., they like to induce between 37 and 38 weeks because by that time ur full term and baby is strong enough!

I can't fault them checking me yesterday! Are ur results not in ur folder my bile salts were 45 and normal is between 0-10 she said with reading that high she would expect any further tests to confirm that I have cholestasis and hence why she booked me straight in for induction due to me being over 38 weeks! I hope u see someone more enthusiastic next time and if ur not happy I would ring hospital back or call ur midwife xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->