Just adopted a puppy, am I crazy?

I have a Great Dane pup. He just turned 7 months old! He's calming down a bit but he's definitely still a giant crazy puppy. I'm excited to see how he act when the baby comes. He's a very large, sweet, compassionate dog and I could imagine he will love the baby. I almost feel guilty because he's my little baby! But I will make sure to do best to keep him involved with everything once the baby arrives lol

Awwww I bet he is SO cute cskme! I love when big dogs are puppies, their paws and heads are so big lol Do you have a picture?

The one photo is of him around 2 months old and the other is now at 7 months lol. He grew quick!

Attachments

• IMG_0200.jpg
    IMG_0200.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0451.jpg
    IMG_0451.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 10
Not crazy at all. Just think of all the (hobby) farmers.. we are adding 3 dairy goats (plus a baby goat that is still nursing) to our hobby farm next week. Yes, they will require milking on top of the chores that my dog, cat, chickens (20ish), ducks (60+), geese (8) and sheep (4) require twice a day. Hubby works away from home so it's all up to me. ;) If i can handle a farm, you can handle a young dog : hugs:

Not crazy at all. Just think of all the (hobby) farmers.. we are adding 3 dairy goats (plus a baby goat that is still nursing) to our hobby farm next week. Yes, they will require milking on top of the chores that my dog, cat, chickens (20ish), ducks (60+), geese (8) and sheep (4) require twice a day. Hubby works away from home so it's all up to me. ;) If i can handle a farm, you can handle a young dog : hugs:

Girl you are amazing!! I really want to get some chickens in my backyard, but i am worried about being overwhelmed especially becsuse i have never in my life owned chickens lol. You are my inspiration though, great job mama! It is great for the kids to see that kind of work too :)

You can do it Emi! Chickens aren't that much work, let them out in the morning, check the feeders and water, collect eggs. Then lock them up when the sun sets and check for eggs again. I have poop boards under the roosts which I scrape every few days and it really cuts down on how often the coop requires a full clean.
You can do it!! :) I am an enabler :haha:

All the animals individually don't take that much time, it's only when you combine it all. I have however perfected my daily routine so it takes me half an hour at a slow pace for chores in the morning.

I don't think you're crazy you're just adding to the family ;-) I have two 6 month old Yorkshire Terriers and two kids well three if you count the husband!

You sound like you know what you're doing, are not inexperienced when it comes to dogs so i am confident you will manage just fine :D
We have a 4 1/2 year old son, a fruit and veggie garden and an almost 11 year old incontinent Shiba Inu. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->