Just applied for a job :(

kmbabycrazy

Reaction score
My OH was made redundant just a couple of months before the baby was born and my contract with my employer ended in May so we are both currently out of work although I am technically also on maternity. My OH has searched for a job since he was made redundant and hasn't had so much as an interview. We will be getting some money through as compensation for him being made redundant and though it's a large sum we wanted to save it for Christmas, going on holiday and put some in savings. We are not struggling massively but we'd really like to move to somewhere with a garden, we'd both love to be able to drive, and we'd like to do more things with the children so I have started looking for work too. If I get a good enough job OH will stay home with the baby until after Christmas when I'd feel more comfortable with her going into childcare and look for work again unless he gets something earlier. We just think one of us needs to go back to work sooner rather than later.

Gutted I might not get my full 6 months with her.

:hugs: that really sucks, I was so upset at the thought of going back to work and leaving LO. Hopefully you find a job you really like though and you can move/drive etc :)

Aww, you must be gutted :hugs: I hope you find a job that you love, so that you can achieve the things you want to such as having a house with a garden. Good luck with the job application :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->