just been to 25th week appointment. swab!:o

mrscookie

Mama and expecting
Reaction score
my midwife was not available so i saw my dr instead, she was a stand in and i loved her! I wish she was my normal doctor!
Anyway everything is fine, wee wee is fine, bp is 120/80 which apparently is fine, despite being 100/70 a few weeks ago. She measured my tummy which is apparently 25cm which is spot on! She showed me where cashews head was, and her back and bum. she was head down, i joked that I hope shes not getting any ideas lol.

We listened to her hb which was 154 so woo. Then I asked about strep B as both my sisters had this when pregnant, so she said I would get swabbed down there at my next appointment... IM TERRIFIED, i have never had a smear before due to not being alowed one til im 25 where I live,got that to look forward to. All in all, a fantastic visit and im very pleased with my little girls progress :D
xxxxxx

Congrats lovely! Good to hear you found a nice dr :)

And don't worry about the smear hun, I had one last night and, embarassing as it feels, these ladies do 100's of these a week and it's over in a few minutes!
Best thing to do is breathe, it relaxes the muscles which makes things ALOT easier for everyone haha :)
Good luck!

Congratulations! As Pixie said, don't worry about the swab - it feels a bit wierd, but it's not painful and it's over in about 30 seconds x

Congratulations babe, don't be scared just keeping thinking its for your lil girl. I had an eternal exam a week ago and i felt the same but it rly wasnt that bad. Good to get it out of the way tho eh. xxxx

Its so strange for me that across the pond you guys don't get paps till you are 25. I've been getting them as long as I've been sexually active.
And hey, its good practice for labour, you are going to have all sorts of medical professionals looking at your girly bits...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->