Just been to Smyths......

Status
Not open for further replies.

LPF

Reaction score
Oh. My. God. It was carnage in there!!

There were so many people with piles of packages that they couldn't see over. Most items on our wish list for ds we no cheaper in the sale than on amazon but I think people saw a 'bargain' and bought up wildly even though it's not necessarily a bargain iykwim.

Jake and the Neverland pirates stuff however was heavily discounted already so with 20% off as well. I got these two for £15 when they are about £30 on amazon.

Glad to be out of there. Got a nice thick toy catalogue to browse through though!

image.jpg

It is just horrendous, Gabriella has just been to a party and I needed to pop in for a card and you would have thought it was the end of the earth. I watched one lady and man who had no children with them and had parked outside in a long wheelbase ie MASSIVE 4 x 4 have to take back in one of the barbie houses as the car (backseats and boot) were packed to the roof, the bags were literally squashed against the windows and it would not fit in :wacko:

I was so proud of myself for being so restrained. I went for a dolls house and got one...cheaper than the one I went for. I bought 2 disney dolls as £10.99 is cheapest I've seen them and a frozen fleece blanket. People had trolleys loaded high. All I can think is they must not be seasoned bargainers like us!

It is just horrendous, Gabriella has just been to a party and I needed to pop in for a card and you would have thought it was the end of the earth. I watched one lady and man who had no children with them and had parked outside in a long wheelbase ie MASSIVE 4 x 4 have to take back in one of the barbie houses as the car (backseats and boot) were packed to the roof, the bags were literally squashed against the windows and it would not fit in :wacko:

:saywhat:

Scary stuff!!

I was so proud of myself for being so restrained. I went for a dolls house and got one...cheaper than the one I went for. I bought 2 disney dolls as £10.99 is cheapest I've seen them and a frozen fleece blanket. People had trolleys loaded high. All I can think is they must not be seasoned bargainers like us!

My thoughts exactly!

I had a list of what I wanted on Friday and literally only bought what I had decided on beforehand I can see how people get caught up and overbuy because of the almost hysteria it instills in people but I look at it that it is only a bargain if you were actually going to buy it!

Thats so true most of the things they were fighting over ive got for 50 to 75% off during the year. :happydance:

Smyths is hit or miss. They have good prices on some stuff and others are OTT. But everything I bought in the sale last year was even cheaper elsewhere later.

Defo not seasoned bargainers

madness! saying that i'll probs be like this for the sainsburys half price toy sale haha ;)

me too although it wasn't no where near as good at Sainsburys as last year i was abit disappointed.

mines quite a small sainsburys, last year was the first i've went it was total chaos!! didnt take much money cause i thought it was just for sainsburys toys i didnt realise they put more stuff out!

I must have missed Sainsbury's last year but will keep an eye out this year as I know they aren't afraid to slash prices!

We bought the Andy's collection of Woody, buzz, Jessie and bullseye, as it was 20% off, we saved £33, so kinda got one of the toys for £7 !!
Glad we went today as my twins are obsessed with toy story !

Yeah I thought I was the only one that's not overly excited by 20% off I much prefer the sainsburys sale :D xx

We went to smyths at bolton this morning - I can honestly say I will never, ever step foot in that place during a sale again....it was hell? One of the assistants was actually wet through with sweat it was that busy.....he seriously looked like he'd been running and people just jumping in front of whatever your looking at incase you dare try and pick it up off the shelf.... Hideous!

I did manage to get lo's pram and cradle though...every cloud and all :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back