Just brilliant!

LittleMinx

Finally Complete <3
Reaction score
Seen this doing the rounds on Facebook and boy oh boy is it true!

My autism makes me do things and I don't understand why. I sometimes hurt other children and sometimes make them cry.
I don't always understand the words you say with the sounds of the lights buzzing round my brain. ... The tiny noises you can't hear I hear again and again and again!
I need the rules to be followed and I don't like it when they're not. I forget I'm not an adult and I tell you off ...........................a lot!
Sometimes when you come near me I think you are invading my space. I may have an extreme reaction because I feel you're in my face!
I like to be first at everything and may push you in the queue. I do not mean to be rude it's just something that I do.
I like to be the leader and take control of how we play. I may get cross when I find that you will not play my way.
I don't like getting into trouble and I want to be your friend. The unkind things I sometimes do are because my brain won't mend.
You may see me spin, hand flapping and body shaking till I go red. It's just my way of coping with the lack of balance in my head.
I get fixated on a topic and will speak of it all day. I do not mean to bore you but it's important to me to say.
So next time you see a meltdown, don't look and laugh and stare. The child is not always naughty. Please be AUTISM AWARE......

:flower::flower:

Describes my daughter perfectly!!
Thanks for posting x

Thankyou for sharing.... Now another of my favourite reading allong with "welcome to holland" :)

I may not have any children right now, but this is good; the majority of it is what I was like when I was small. (It turned out I had Asperger Syndrome) Thanks for posting!! <3

I lurk this part of Bnb often because I find it so interesting, plus by the time I have a baby this may be where I come often. (My OH and I both have AS... a big reason why we're WTT despite really wanting to start a family, because we know it may be harder to bring up our child so we want to prepare as much as possible)

hope everyone is good :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->