Just can't shake this sadness

mummof1

Reaction score
I've just experienced a loss at 5 weeks .
We had been trying for a while for a third and we were SO thrilled when I got a strong BFP at 14 days past ovulation . I continued to get strong bfps for that whole week .
Then at 5 weeks I started bleeding heavily. My home tests have turned negative and now I'm just waiting to have a blood test in a few days to confirm blood levels decreasing.

I have cried for the past 3 days . I can't stop thinking about how happy we were last week, how excited we were for everything that was to come .
We discussed how we would make a public announcement and looked up unique photo ideas to include our two boys. We had set up dates to take the pictures we even discussed names and had a girls name picked out.
We decided when to tell our boys the news and we were especially excited to tell my oldest son because he always mentions us having another baby.
We told our parents and close family and a few close friends the news and they shared in the excitement with us.

Now I sit here, still spotting as a reminder that its all gone now and I can't help but feel so deeply saddened.
I have gotten some insensitive remarks like "at least it was early " "it wasn't meant to be" etc .
Even though it was early it's still a loss and I feel I need to grieve not only the pregnancy but my excitement and the plans we had made .
It was all ripped away from us so quickly.
I hope I can feel better soon , I just wanted to share because I'm sure many others are going through similar experiences.

I have no words to ease your pain but I am sending you my thoughts and hugs xx

I'm so sorry for your loss. It hurts deeply to have all of those hopes and dreams turn into sadness and hopelessness. As far as people's comments go...I don't think people mean to hurt you by their dumb comments. I think they're just ignorant. People don't understand this journey until they've been down it themselves. I don't even think my husband grasps the enormity of how sad it is to miscarry. You will always remember that joy you felt when you found out you were expecting...you will always remember how you planned to tell your kids...you will always remember how life seemed perfect for that short time...you will always remember the due date...my point is, others won't. This has been the hardest thing for me. Nobody understands. These forums have been a great way for me to express my grief with ladies who understand. I hope they give you an outlet to grieve as well.

I'm so sorry that you are going through this. Momwithbabies is right, people don't understand. And that is what has been the hardest for me lately, especially after my best friend's baby was born yesterday (we started trying at the same time) and my coworker and his wife are finding out the gender of their baby today and doing a reveal to us tomorrow, I'm super happy for them, but what I realized last night is that I just feel lonely. They both say the same things "at least it's early" "it will happen next time" and like mentioned above, they aren't trying to hurt my feelings, but they just don't understand. And I don't want them to have to understand! So.... It's sad, and when you have no one to share that with, it gets lonely.

We understand though, and we are here for you, for what it's worth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->