Just for fun (those with morning sickness)

babytots

Reaction score
This is my 9th pregnancy (and hopefully 5th baby) and all but one of those I have suffered badly with morning sickness (my first 2 pregnancies I had HG).

So to pass the time I thought I'd do a fun thread.

In this pregnancy I can't live without....... Yazoo strawberry milkshake. Literally drinking it by the bucket load as it's the only thing I am able to keep down without retching.

When my morning sickness goes I am going to eat/drink...... A nice big greasy fry up. I love my weekly fry up but can't eat it at the moment as it's too greasy. It's the first thing I will be cooking as soon as the sickness goes.

What about the rest of you ladies what can't you live without at the moment and what are you looking forward to eating/drinking when the sickness goes? X

in first tri, i couldnt live without coke flavored icees. now im in 2nd tri, not a fan of the icees at all but love chicken flavored ramen noodles. i only eat one a day at most and its the only thing that helps my prenatals stay down without the side effects~ the iron in them gives me horrible nausea. my morning sickness wasnt bad compared to the sickness the iron in the prenatals gave me!

Potatoes and bread. No joke. Preferably at 11pm just before bed... really amazing for my figure... NOT... however the only night I didn't have this, I was very nauseous and miserable...

Cauliflower cheese. I do this instead of mac and cheese (which works just as well) because I feel like having the vegetable is a good thing. It's currently my favorite thing about living in the UK. (which is a silver lining because I would go jack the ripper for an Arby's right now, and omg I miss ramen noodles!!!!!! Potnoodles/supernoodles are NOT the same I don't care what anyone says.)

I cannot wait to have steak again when I'm not so sick. I used to eat at least 2 steaks a week and now the smell of them cooking makes me :sick:

That felt really good. Thanks for this thread :)

Chocolate!!! I am so sad because I can't even look at my favorite treat without gagging. All I want are eggs and cereal (cheerios of all things). I can't stomach any fried foods either, and I miss my favorite chicken fingers and fries. I suppose it's good I can't eat all this junk right now...I'd hate to go back for my 10 week appt and they tell me I gained 10 pounds! :dohh:

Has anyone else found they feel just terrible if they eat a "normal" portion of food? I swear it feels like I stuff myself, but I'm really very moderate with my portions...then it makes me regret whatever I talked myself into eating (soup last night). :growlmad:

I can't live without ice cold chocolate milkshake!

And I'm going to have a lovely curry as soon as I can handle the smell!!

Can't stand chilli, yuck!
Will have some indian food as soon as my normal sense of taste and smell is back.

Cauliflower cheese. I do this instead of mac and cheese (which works just as well) because I feel like having the vegetable is a good thing. It's currently my favorite thing about living in the UK. (which is a silver lining because I would go jack the ripper for an Arby's right now, and omg I miss ramen noodles!!!!!! Potnoodles/supernoodles are NOT the same I don't care what anyone says.)

I cannot wait to have steak again when I'm not so sick. I used to eat at least 2 steaks a week and now the smell of them cooking makes me :sick:

That felt really good. Thanks for this thread :)

apologies for the thread jack.

You can get authentic ramen (unless you want american ramen) from any oriental supermarket. They are cheap and come from pretty much every Asian country. And depending on how big your Asda/Tesco is, they have a good selection there.

If you aren't near one, Ocado have a reasonable selection (and a good delivery system).

And yes, supernoodles are rank.

Biscuits, that is exactly my problem too! A normal size dinner leaves me in agony :haha:

Babytots, fruit is my saviour, but I often don't feel like eating it! Never makes me feel sick when I do though.

Look forward to enjoying salads, sandwiches and cups of tea again lol.

I've been craving chocolate milk. I could drink it all day. I've lost my appetite since about 6 weeks. I don't really crave any foods yet and I have to force myself to eat throughout the day. Last night my husband was eating cold pizza next to me and I made him move because the smell of it was going to make me vomit. My favorite food is pasta but I can't seem to eat it in large amounts. Anytime I go to eat spaghetti my stomach turns sour. It's depressing lol. Hopefully that food aversion goes away soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->