Just found out baby is breech at 34 weeks...

amybe

Reaction score
We've been told if he is still breech in a fortnight then we are being booked for a section!...Did anyone else's babies turn after finding out they were breech?? My son was back to back and I had surgery under a general after his birth due to heamorraggging so I was hoping to avoid a trip to the theatre this time but it seems I could quite well be headed straight there!! x

Check out the SpinningBabies website for exercises to encourage baby to flip. I got my first baby to flip at 35 weeks (measuring 37!) and my second to flip at 32 weeks. My cousin just got her baby to flip at 35 weeks, too. We credit the "inversion" technique.

It's not a definite, though. It also depends on how much room is in there, how much fluid, etc. Drink more water to help fill the placenta with more fluid and try it out.

Id recommend that website as well! Babies can turn later though, had a friend whos baby flipped at 39 weeks!

My baby has been breech on and off. They do it very differently in the USA however, they wont schedule your for a c-section if baby is still breech up until your due date. Also, they will try all they can to flip baby!

My boy was breech at 34 weeks and today 36 weeks he is head down and engaged so there is still hope! If you have a birthing ball start bouncing on that and try not to lie down with legs up as that apparently encourages baby to stay breech. Fingers crossed for u!

First timer here, so I haven't any advise... just a question: Do docs/mw's not deliver breech vaginally anymore?? I mean, it's entirely possible - I've seen it, but is it just so much more painful/more work/more instances for problems that breech automatically means section now?

my little one was transverse up until last week (36 weeks) now is head down.. Maybe baby just needs time...

Yipeee...Just been for my 36 week check up and baby is head down and 5/5 engaged!! Beyond thrilled I can have another natural birth if all goes well :-D...I felt him turn a few nights ago and my god it was uncomfortable!! So I was expecting him to be head down today, Hoorah!! x

Great news. Im hoping for some good news as well next week at my 36 week US

They are u bums!! This one was breech from the very beginning and has since turned head down then back to breech then back again so I don't know how I will end up! I was told if breech at 37 weeks they try to physically turn him which even the thought of made me want to cry and if that didn't work then yeah a section :-(

But to answer the other ladies question they will if u demand deliver a breech but they don't recommend it as when baby is being born, feet or bum first, it was feet in my situation, by the time babies body is out and the head is passing pelvis the cord is most likely at that point next to babies head so would get compressed and cut off oxygen to baby before its born! Hope that made sense!!

Glad ur bubba has turned for u :)

Good luck Jcliff!! Hope you get good news too!..x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"