just found out I have pco mad at the docs!

Aiysh

Reaction score
Rant post!

So i got the result of my ultrasound scan yesterday, the doc tells me I have small cysts theyre really tiny, 'oh loads of women have this its no problem' i was ike oh okay..because im TTC will this affect anything? he said oh no absolutely no, and brushed me out.

i just had the feeling he was trying to make it sound too normal so i go home and what do u know i have many other symptoms of mild pcos and it would explain why TTC becomes more difficult.

he didnt ask me for a blood test, suggest medication anything!

so after getting angry, i obsessed about maca, vitex and progesterone cream (gonna get it regardless)

and im now going to go in to see a different doctor, i know he might tell me to 'actively ttc' for longer but im gonna push it anyway, if i didnt push getting a scan they would have made me wait a year of ttc actively, (i was ntnp for abt 13 months then nothing happened..) just to find out i have pcos so im glad i did it sooner rather then later.

if youre in the same boat as me i would say push to find out whats going on early, it doesnt really bother them as much as us, just they get to wave us away for a few more months (i hate going docs, can you tell? haha)

I wish doctors listened more carefully. We know our bodies and if something doesn't feel right to us, they should listen. Sounds like you are keeping on top of everything and being very proactive. Keep it up and hopefully your wait will be over soon

I had been off birth control for over a year and didn't get pregnant, so at my annual with my gyno I told her my suspicions of thinking I had pcos. She literally told me, "well, you might have pcos, but we won't worry about that until later." Umm, I'm telling you I can't get pregnant!! There's obviously a problem here! So I take it upon myself to find an RE. Not only do I have pcos, I have everything symptom of it basically and absolutely do need help getting pregnant. Some doctors are so inconsiderate of their patients feelings. You really should go to a different dr though. Regardless of whether you're ttc, pcos still needs to be acknowledged. Depending on bad you have it, you may not be ovulating on your own, or you could even be at a higher risk for early diabetes. And only blood work is going to give you those answers. Good luck, I hope you can get it all figured out!

I wish doctors listened more carefully. We know our bodies and if something doesn't feel right to us, they should listen. Sounds like you are keeping on top of everything and being very proactive. Keep it up and hopefully your wait will be over soon

thanks for the encouraging post! i am, got you wonderful ladies support on here and im going to keep going :thumbup: wish you all the best too xxx

I had been off birth control for over a year and didn't get pregnant, so at my annual with my gyno I told her my suspicions of thinking I had pcos. She literally told me, "well, you might have pcos, but we won't worry about that until later." Umm, I'm telling you I can't get pregnant!! There's obviously a problem here! So I take it upon myself to find an RE. Not only do I have pcos, I have everything symptom of it basically and absolutely do need help getting pregnant. Some doctors are so inconsiderate of their patients feelings. You really should go to a different dr though. Regardless of whether you're ttc, pcos still needs to be acknowledged. Depending on bad you have it, you may not be ovulating on your own, or you could even be at a higher risk for early diabetes. And only blood work is going to give you those answers. Good luck, I hope you can get it all figured out!

did you find one? what happened after the appointment? i hope you get/got some answers it's really bad making us wait when they could simply check what's going on :nope:

i went for a second opinion and he looked as if he wanted to check my hormones and still didnt, saying because 'im regular' im thinking that's fine for ttc but what about my health? i seem to have mild pcos for which im thankful but i still have the acne, hair thinning etc. for years without knowing why and they've told me to wait 6 months now before he'll test me and my husband..don't see why they can't do that now, he said because 'it might just be bad luck' sure..make a person wait because of 'luck'

im more interested in the natural treatment of pcos as it's a hormonal thing and i firmly believe diet and herbal remedies can help reverse this sucker so im gonna try to do this the non -medication way for now

hope it goes well for you :flower:

Diet can definitely help you a lot. I don't know you, so I don't know your specifics, but I've heard weight loss(if you're overweight) can help a lot as pcos causes insulin resistance. Also I've heard going gluten free can help out too.
They did an ultrasound on my first appt and tested all of my hormone levels. They ended up giving me clomid, on my 2nd round now and hoping for the bfp!!!
The best of luck to you though! You could also look into some of herbal fertility teas too. I've read a lot of good reviews!

thanks for the tips! im starting a low GI diet but looking at GL more im glad as its actually got a lot of options of what you can eat so doesnt feel too strict. ill look into the gluten thing for sure. im not overweight but want to get it right it can only help our future babies & pregnancies anyway! im considering the teas soon... have you had them?? i hope it goes well for you and u get a bfp!

thanks for the tips! im starting a low GI diet but looking at GL more im glad as its actually got a lot of options of what you can eat so doesnt feel too strict. ill look into the gluten thing for sure. im not overweight but want to get it right it can only help our future babies & pregnancies anyway! im considering the teas soon... have you had them?? i hope it goes well for you and u get a bfp!

I haven't tried the tea bc it says to not use it if you are on fertility meds, but if it doesn't happen with the meds I'm definitely going to try it.

I suffer with pcos quite badly but honestly couldn fault my gp or my FS they both been so helpful. Even though I was trying over a year they still could have refused treatment as I was under 21. But they rushed through referral because I had been actively trying and my 21st was only a few months away.
For anyone wanting to learn more or have some really usefully information on pcos I recommend a book called a dummies guide to pcos. Its a life saver of a book.
Also ic u have any questions I'll try my best to help. Km only a pm away xx

It is definitely normal to have a few cysts, up to 18 is normal, more could mean pcos, I had 49 at last scan.
Do you have really irregular periods? That's probably the best way to know because if you don't your cysts aren't problematic as you still have a healthy follicle releasing monthly so the others are inactive.

hopeful for first.. they didnt say how many but they said it's 'suggestive' of pcos i used to have really irregular periods in my teens for which i started taking birth control pills for (so hormones) which calmed it down i came off them year and a half ago. im pretty regular but they didnt check my hormone levels to confirm anything

hopeful for 1st thats nice to know they didnt really say that so i had no idea if im ovulating or not do u use opk's? im going to start them this coming month

I don't they do say they're not reliable with pcos as its a hormone imbalance and our hormones are wacky. Lots of women with pcos get constant almost positives but never a positive

Hi ladies!

I'm currently waiting for my scan apt to come through!

My bloods were pretty much normal but I have all the symptoms of PCOS so my doc is referring me. We have been TTC #2 for 5months now which although we know is not long we wanted to get the diagnosis of PCOS or 'nothing' done out the way. My doc has however said that if we haven't conceived by the 12month mark she will help us treatment wise at that point rather than waiting any longer like they normally would.

Getting it diagnosed early is def the key!

Yup mine was diagnosed at 3 months off Bcp at which he said it won't happen naturally let's start treatment immediately and a month later had a BFP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->