Just found out I'm pregnant, have had brown bleeding for 2 days...

chelslee03

Reaction score
Hey guys, I really need some advice! Just to give you a background of my past with ttc, we decided a little over a year ago to try to conceive. For a long while, I didn't have a period after coming off of birth control so the doctor gave me provera to jump start it.

I realized soon after that I wasn't even ovulating and kept being put on that same cycle (provera), and then and eventually went on clomid 50mg, then 100mg, and then finally 150mg. The 150mg I took in August and I FELT it working-I was in so much pain with cramping, etc! But then I had a period Sept. 7th. I started bleeding brown yesterday morning so I used a tampon, and it was pretty heavy throughout the day.

Today it has lightened up severely and I've noticed just a little hint of deep red with some of the brown. This afternoon I had a hunch that this could be implantation bleeding (since it would be an early period), and so I bought 2 different types of tests. They all came back positive. I am just worried, because I've been told I have low progesterone, and I am so worried that I might miscarry because of that...or might even be mis carrying right now. Just curious if anyone else has experienced the deep red bleeding and can relate, or give advice on this.

Thank you guys so much for your input!

Hello, sorry you are having this worry.
A couple of weeks ago I had brown spotting for 5 days followed by 3 days of red bleeding (which kept stopping and starting) on the first day of bleeding I took a pregnancy test as something just wasn't right about it, test was positive. I saw a Dr on the 3rd day who said that there is no way of knowing if I was miscarrying so wait 2 weeks and do another test, if that test is positive then I can book in as pregnant. Not very reassuring!
Anyway, 11 days later my pregnancy tests are darker, and I'm having more symptoms so I'm now sure everything is fine. My bleeding was very red though so I understand the worry, hope everything turns out ok for you too.

Could you see a doctor and have your progesterone checked? The doc could give you supplements to help increase it.

Brown blood is always better than red as it is old blood. Congrats on the positive tests!

Hello, sorry you are having this worry.
A couple of weeks ago I had brown spotting for 5 days followed by 3 days of red bleeding (which kept stopping and starting) on the first day of bleeding I took a pregnancy test as something just wasn't right about it, test was positive. I saw a Dr on the 3rd day who said that there is no way of knowing if I was miscarrying so wait 2 weeks and do another test, if that test is positive then I can book in as pregnant. Not very reassuring!
Anyway, 11 days later my pregnancy tests are darker, and I'm having more symptoms so I'm now sure everything is fine. My bleeding was very red though so I understand the worry, hope everything turns out ok for you too.

Thank you for telling me your experience marchsammy!! That is reassuring to know that it can happen in pregnancy. I know everyone is different, I am just super paranoid! But trying not to stress too much about it. I'll test again in about 2 weeks and see how the pregnancy test takes. Thank you SO much!!!

Could you see a doctor and have your progesterone checked? The doc could give you supplements to help increase it.

Brown blood is always better than red as it is old blood. Congrats on the positive tests!

THart, I'm currently waiting on the nurse to call me back this morning (I left a msg late yesterday afternoon concerning my low progesterone), so when they call I was hoping to see if they could do that. My obgyn is booked solid until the 31st - but I would really feel so comfortable for them to see/talk to me and get bloodwork done. It's mostly been just brown blood, and this morning there was barely anything. Thank goodness! I hope all goes smooth.

Thank you so very much for your advice and kind words :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->