Just got back from a HB mums meeting!

sun

Mum of 3
Reaction score
And I have to say OH and I are pretty much set on a HB! :happydance:

We were 50/50 on it before - as I had a natural unmedicated birth in hospital with my son and it went well overall. But after talking to women who had HB and discussing with our MW, we suddenly started planning it on the way home. The only thing is my iron is too low right now to be eligible - so I am on tablets. We also decided not to tell anyone about it until after LO is born. We don't want to spend the remainder of our pregnancy hearing horror stories or justifying it or having to educate everyone about it.

So I think we're going to opt for a HB as long as my iron levels go up! :thumbup:

my levels were very low at beg of preg i managed to get them up with Spatone its a natural form of iron supplement my Independant midwife recommended them good luck

hope you get your HB hun, i dont blame you not wanting to tell people, i have a couple of friends who know but not everyone does

It's so exciting isn't it! I'm planning a home birth too but have been struggling with high blood pressure, it seems to have settled now though so looks good! My midwife is coming round this morning to book me in for the home birth :happydance:

I hope you manage to increase your iron levels. I understand the not wanting to tell people too, I've mostly had positivity although some people feel the need to tell me horror stories :dohh:

ambreen - I do have Spatone! I used it with my last pregnancy. My MW said the dose was too low - but seeing as it's much more readily absorbed than the tabets, I think I'm going to try it instead for a few weeks. The tablets are so much harder on the body.

lynnikins and Roxy - MIL is in the medical field and has been going on about the "irresponsible" women who have a HB and put their LOs in danger :growlmad: I think she's been going on and on because she suspects it would be something I might actually do. But I can't even imagine if I told her we were planning one! She still would rather I get an OB than a MW. So annoying as my father is also in the medical field and when we got a MW instead of an OB the first time around, he read up on everything himself and thought it was a great idea - even asking if we were getting a doula! But MIL isn't quite so open to the idea...

One of the women who had a HB only told her MW, doula, and one close friend (and of course OH) for the same reason. I think we'll be doing the same!

Thanks for the replies! :hugs:

I totally agree about not telling people until after the birth. I think it'll be a lovely surprise to (hopefully) announce the baby's arrival and that they were born at home. If people ask me I'm telling them I'm planning a HB but not otherwise. Most people assume hospital so not many do ask.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->