Just got back from first MW appt

moomoo

Mumma to 2 & 1 in heaven!
Reaction score
Hi girls,

Just got back from first appt and all went well i think. We went through family ilnesses ect and i've been refered to a consultant for my spina bifida which is good :happydance::happydance:

My question is, is it normal to have to wait until 13/14 weeks for a dating scan..even though ive had a previous m/c?

Also now she wants to come for a home visit at end of april..what is that all about? will they take more bloods ect? :blush:

thanks

xx

I had to wait until 2 m/cs until I got early scans, so yes you may have to wait.

As for the home visit, dunno, never heard of that before!!

I had a home visit with both my previous pregnancies they took bloods and checked out my "social living arrangements" or something like that!!?? This time i expected the same but i had to go into the hospital to see the MW.

I thought about booking another private scan after my one at 7+2, i too am under consultant care and unexpectedly got an appointment at 11 weeks to go see her and cos i hadnt had my dating scan i got a scan at that appointment too.

balls rolling now! some hospitals only do 1 scan and that would be around 14 weeks. Just depends on the hospital you have been referred to. If you show them that you are really worried due to your previous m/c they might scan you a little earlier. It amazes me on here the woman who have trouble getting early scans. The hospital i am with is really good and has a great EPU, when i had to get an early scan i was told just to phone them up and say the midwife told me to phone and ask for scan as i had had some spotting! so for all the EPU knew i could of been kidding on! i managed to get fitted in two days later. So if you are worried about the m/c explain to your midwife and hopefully you might get a scan x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->