Just got my scan appointment thru. (i'll be 15 weeks by then) not impressed

ProudMum

Reaction score
Got my letter this morning...
Its dating mid january- i'll be 15 weeks.
From my understanding, the NT scan for downs is supposed to be done between 11-14 weeks, after 14 weeks any sign of thickness or excess fluid will be absorbed and can go undetected on ultrasounds after that time.
Also on my letter it stated if I have had a scan making me 8weeks or more, I may only require a detailed scan...??? WTF.
Thanks NHS, thanks alot.

I'll go for a private one at 12 weeks I think.:cry:

Thats late!!

Is it just a dating scan? Or is it specifically the NT?
Are you sure your trust does the scan for NT? Mine doesnt and its done through blood tests instead, so dont get too down about it. It can still be detected this way, although Im not sure if bloods work like the scan does 11 - 14 weeks??

If your trust does the scan, then I would ringing them up and asking them for an earlier one before booking the private one and explaining the whole point of it has to be done between 11 - 14 weeks and you will 15 by then!!

Good Luck xxx

if its specifically a NT scan i would complain, however if its just a dating scan so-to-speak, that wont be measured anyway normally.

Its rubbish isn't it!

Mine is not till 14+5, I'm going private and getting one at 10 weeks. Just for my peace of mind.

I would check if you get an NT scan in your area. We don't get one here either.

I'll be almost 15 weeks when I go for my scan. I refused the NT scan but my MW told me it would be done at 16 weeks if I wanted it.

I was considering paying for a private scan, but it's under 2 weeks until my NHS one, and I don't have that kind of money so close to Christmas.

Its rubbish isn't it!

Mine is not till 14+5, I'm going private and getting one at 10 weeks. Just for my peace of mind.
whats worse is on my letter they stated if i'd had a scan at 8 weeks or more i may only require the detailed scan lol..
madness.
what happened to 12 week scans and making sure these babies are ok????
im going private- to be honest, i feel better about going private because they HAVE to look after you when you're paying for it

We only gets scans here between 16-18 weeks. I would love to be able to have an earlier one but nope.

as crap as it is some NHS hospitals work this way, one in Glasgow only does one scan at 14-15 weeks then no more at all! They told my friend she could go private if she wanted a scan before then, but unless any medical reasons to scan her then they wouldnt x

Its rubbish isn't it!

Thats exactly what I did at 10 weeks as my first NHS scan isnt until next week. I will be 13 + 4 then and wanted to know everything was fine before christmas.

i know how you feel. ill be over 15 weeks when i have mine, and i was really annoyed at first, but really when you think about it, its not really going to make that much difference.
i just think of the positives that my picture will be much better than a 12 week picture. there will be more of baby to see, and its posible i may even get to find out the sex, which nobody having early scans/ 12 week scans will. i cant wait for mine, im really excited.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->