• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Just got referred for IVF

honeycheeks

Reaction score
Hi Ladies, I never imagined myself being in this part of BnB. I always thought I would graduate from TTC boards to 1st trimester boards. But here I am, with both tubes blocked and referred for IVF.
I hope to make some new IVF buddies and earn some support from ladies who are going through the same.

Hi honeycheeks, never thought I'd be doing ivf either, my OH has sperm issues... I've in the 2ww on our first ivf, had our embryo transfer yesterday. I went into ivf expecting the worst (fear of needles & side affects from the meds) but i didn't find it that bead at all... Hope your ivf journey is a positive one too :)

Hi honeycheeks, never thought I'd be doing ivf either, my OH has sperm issues... I've in the 2ww on our first ivf, had our embryo transfer yesterday. I went into ivf expecting the worst (fear of needles & side affects from the meds) but i didn't find it that bead at all... Hope your ivf journey is a positive one too :)

Thanks sheri, that was very reassuring. I wish you all the best for you IVF BFP

Hey honeycheeks, sorry you have to do the ivf but im so happy that you found out why you wernt concieving! Atleast doing ivf your chances of concieving will be MASSIVELY increased :) i know im going to see a bfp from you soon! Good luck xxxx :dust:

Well don't worry chick it ain't so bad I am going for egg collection tomorrow. I can't believe how easy it's been so far x Babydust

Hey honeycheeks, sorry you have to do the ivf but im so happy that you found out why you wernt concieving! Atleast doing ivf your chances of concieving will be MASSIVELY increased :) i know im going to see a bfp from you soon! Good luck xxxx :dust:

Since I dont have any other problems other than the physical blockage, I believe my chances of success are really high. I am very hopeful that the first IVF trial will be successful for me. Thanks so much Dinky. Good luck to you too.

Well don't worry chick it ain't so bad I am going for egg collection tomorrow. I can't believe how easy it's been so far x Babydust

Thanks so much.I hope it goes as smooth as a dream for me too...6 more weeks for my first consultation, I hope time flies.Good luck and wish you success with IVF.

hi honeycheeks thanks for your post. i feel exactly the same, thinking i was going to be one of the lucky ones who falls pregnant in no time. unfortunately at that time we didn't know that Dh had very low sperm count and they are lazy swimmers. I will be starting my first icsi cycle next month. GL and all the best:flower:

hi.
just found out DH has low sperm count today. am depressed. don't know what to say to him or should l tell a friend or my sister? we always thought it was going to happen on its own when my blood tests came back normal. our gp is you going to refer us to a Fs most probably for assisted conception. l cannot believe it has come to this.

l hope ivf works out for you .all the best. when are you starting?

aleja- l see you are in australia, l am too.are the Fs really helpful and supportive and how long did it take you to get some help? all the best to you too.

hi honeycheeks thanks for your post. i feel exactly the same, thinking i was going to be one of the lucky ones who falls pregnant in no time. unfortunately at that time we didn't know that Dh had very low sperm count and they are lazy swimmers. I will be starting my first icsi cycle next month. GL and all the best:flower:

It was definitely a shocker when I first realized that we have no other options than IVF. But then coming back to face the reality, it seems like atleast you know a definite time frame when you are likely to get pregnant( being very positive about the success of IVF#1) . It takes a lot of stress away from TTC. Atleast it has, for me. I have been using this time, I have 6 more weeks till my first consultation, to read and do my own research about it. Once you have gathered the finances and got enough info , it is going to be far less stressful, or so I believe now.
Good luck to you too.
hi.
just found out DH has low sperm count today. am depressed. don't know what to say to him or should l tell a friend or my sister? we always thought it was going to happen on its own when my blood tests came back normal. our gp is you going to refer us to a Fs most probably for assisted conception. l cannot believe it has come to this.

l hope ivf works out for you .all the best. when are you starting?

aleja- l see you are in australia, l am too.are the Fs really helpful and supportive and how long did it take you to get some help? all the best to you too.

thanks ladyf. i think you should discuss with your husband and be supportive with each other rather than telling a friend. I might think it would make him more insecure if you told another person.Thats just what I think. It is natural to feel depressed , but try not to make your DH feel guilty. Problems could be with any of the partners or both. it is now your time to stay strong and support your DH

I have my first consultation on 25th April. From what I heard from others at the same hospital is that it doesnt take long after that. Things get moving pretty fast . So im hoping there wont be much delays and I am into it totally by may and done by June. That would be perfect. I am really looking forward to my IVF consultation.

I hope it works for all of us the very first time.:dust: :dust:

thanks Honeycheeks. we did talk about it and he said he was fine but dissapointed and we joked about it a bit. we have an appt with the gp on Tuesday, cause he has to look for a Fs for us and l need to get my ultrasound results then.
now DH is sleeping and it is now sinking in that the natural path might not be possible after all. l should be ov around Tuesday next week and l just want a stress free cycle , just Bd when we feel like it. cause l think we both need some tlc at the moment. atleast l can talk to the BnB ladies, it's just a stressful time cause l have a whole week to google and all....probably more stress with the info l get .

glad to hear things will be moving pretty fast for you , hope you get your Bfp before June. GL!

hi sheri, good luck on your tww. hope the time goes very quickly for you and that it is a happy ending. i noticed you are in Australia. how did you find your clinic?

hi ladies,
honeycheeks yes you are so right about it taking the pressure off tcc. we had been trying for a year with nothing happening and i had a feeling something was wrong. at least now it feels like we have a plan of what we need to do.
my consultation is actually next week and i am hoping that I will begin my first cycle at the beginning of april. the FS has already done lots of tests so he thinks we are ready to do it. i am also becoming really impatient and because my cycles are already really long i can't bear the thought of going through another few weeks of waiting.

ladyf,:hi: i also went through a period of depression when we found out. i actually burst into tears at the FS appt...:cry: because i couldn't believe it.
Yes the FS we are with is really good and explains things really well. Hope you find a good FS as from what I hear it really helps having a doctor you can really trust.
i did some research into what type of vitamins may help ..my DH now takes Vitamin E, vitamin C, zinc and CoQ10 on a daily basis. he is having colder showers and is wearing lose undies! i know it will not increase his count and motility much but every little bit helps.

hi aleja !
thanks for the info.l might get DH to start taking some vitamins too .seems like you are nearly there,all the best!!!

My gp hasn't been that great. he told us to Bd for 2 weeks everyday after a year of ttc and had only had blood tests done when he was on leave.I am really dissapointed and depressed. hope we can start with the assisted conception asap.the gp didn't even tell us how low the count is:shrug:hope l get a helpful Fs .going for an ultrasound tommorrow to check if the fibroids have shrunk although the gp said its not issue a year ago ( confused).

sorry Honeycheeks , don't mean to take over the thread, just needed to vent. how are you doing ?

hi ladies,
honeycheeks yes you are so right about it taking the pressure off tcc. we had been trying for a year with nothing happening and i had a feeling something was wrong. at least now it feels like we have a plan of what we need to do.
my consultation is actually next week and i am hoping that I will begin my first cycle at the beginning of april. the FS has already done lots of tests so he thinks we are ready to do it. i am also becoming really impatient and because my cycles are already really long i can't bear the thought of going through another few weeks of waiting.

ladyf,:hi: i also went through a period of depression when we found out. i actually burst into tears at the FS appt...:cry: because i couldn't believe it.
Yes the FS we are with is really good and explains things really well. Hope you find a good FS as from what I hear it really helps having a doctor you can really trust.
i did some research into what type of vitamins may help ..my DH now takes Vitamin E, vitamin C, zinc and CoQ10 on a daily basis. he is having colder showers and is wearing lose undies! i know it will not increase his count and motility much but every little bit helps.
Vitamin C and Zinc and colder showers have really made a big difference to some couples. So i hope it works for you too.

hi aleja !
thanks for the info.l might get DH to start taking some vitamins too .seems like you are nearly there,all the best!!!

My gp hasn't been that great. he told us to Bd for 2 weeks everyday after a year of ttc and had only had blood tests done when he was on leave.I am really dissapointed and depressed. hope we can start with the assisted conception asap.the gp didn't even tell us how low the count is:shrug:hope l get a helpful Fs .going for an ultrasound tommorrow to check if the fibroids have shrunk although the gp said its not issue a year ago ( confused).

sorry Honeycheeks , don't mean to take over the thread, just needed to vent. how are you doing ?

It is nice to see the thread being active. it is a place for all of us to vent our feelings. Sorry to hear that your doc is not very helpful. It is really very important to find a doc who is nice to you and helpful. Else you will end up wasting a lot of TTC time. Good luck for your ultrasound.

AFM, im just chilled out ...lol. I am so relaxed and cool to think that I dont have to time the BD or make sure the swimmers are going to the right place and when I ovulate...blah blah blah. Everything will be taken care of.:winkwink:

Have you ladies got any idea whether you will have the short protocol or the long one? 6 weeks to go for my first consultation.

hi honeycheeks, i am glad to hear you are feeling chilled out and just doing the countdown without the stress.
yes i am mostly in relax mode but because this is possibly my last cycle before icsi i still want to give it a go. i think i will ovulate within a few days so we will probably ttc again .... the FS told us (i think to make us feel better more than anything!) that lots of couple miraculously fall pg before ivf...who know it would be nice to think it will happen for us but i doubt it!!!!!
the FS told us we would do a short protocol cycle. it is four weeks and doesn't include sniffing the meds. He said that more and more clinics are using short protocol as it has less physical and mental effects on the woman and the stats show that they have same outcomes in terms of success. He also said that the long protocol involves the woman's body going into menopause for 2 weeks!!!

ladyf i really sympathise with you about your GP...it is so frustrating when they don't listen to what patients are saying.
i noticed you said you have a fibroid? do you know what size and where it is? i have a small one and originally i thought that was the reason i wasn't falling pg. however a few different doctors have said mine is in a location which shouldn't cause an issue. GL with your ultrasound and lets us know how it goes
:flower:

honey cheeks - glad you are having a relaxed cycle , no need to poas. dont even remember the last time l had a relaxed one...always thinking will l see the 2lines? enjoy your cycle guess you have done a lot of research on what will be going on in may. we will be here to do the countdown with you!!!

aleja - l think l had the intramular fibroids, cant recall the exact size but l think the diameter was 2 cm last year. the gynae l saw that time said l should not be worried , now l am thinking l might opt for surgery if they suggest it. all the best with the BDing , you may never know, miracles do happen. GL! otherwise help is on its way in a few weeks.

afm-am due to ov soon,probably around tuesday,still hoping!! will be using opk just to make sure .poas starting saturday.trying have 2 days between the Bding, dont know if it makes any differents. got some menevit for DH.
so l went for the ultrasound and the sonographer spent like 15 mins in my v-jay, she really took her time.anyway , she gave me the films to take to my Dr but there was no letter. only thing l could get from them is something about pedunculated fibroids written there. so l have to be patient until monday to get the results. l think l am going to lose it if he is not helpful when l see him. he better refer us to the FS when l see him otherwise someone is going to :cry: in that office.

Somehow all l see around me are pregnant women and babies. and friends on fbk are getting pregnant for the second time. what about me??? what about us???

Hey ladyF yes what about us??? It seems do unfair that others can do the wham bam thank you ma'm and there is a baby 9 mths later but for some of us it almost feels like an impossible dream to even think about a bfp
If u have an intramural fibroid it's in the wall of the uterus so it should really change the shape of the uterus but hope ur new FS can give u a better idea. I hope u insist on getting a referral but maybe like me u can take matters into your own hands . I got sick of hearing my gp say that I should stop stressing so instead i self referred to a hospital fertility clinic. The only thing is I still needed my doc to provide me with a letter
Good luck with Ov .. I am the same got a smiley today do time for last chance bd x

I agree ladies, it is so unfair that so many couples get pregnant and have babies at the drop a of a hat and it seems one of of the biggest hurdles in our lives. i hope this time passes soon. Think of the days when we would be holding little bundles of pink or blue, i can only dream of that yet.

Aleja - good luck BDing, I hope you get lucky this time and hoping that the swimmers work extra hard and get their job done.

Ladyf- I have no idea about fibroids, but i hope they are not bad for you

Sheri - fingers crossed for you, do you have any symptoms yet. Are you planning to take an HPT to find out when the trigger is out of your system.

hi ladies
aleja- true, l might have to take the matter into my own hands if he is not helpful. will see how Monday goes. yes , the fibroids l have can cause distortion of the uterus,my stomach is a bit distended.GL with the Bding!!!!!

Honeycheeks - the fibroids just cause a bit of pelvic pain,heavy Af and l pass clots as well.but l have been taking some meds which somehow prevents the clots and pain but have Af for 7 days . always side effects to these meds. yes ,our BFPs are coming!!!!we have to believe and be ready to recieve.

just going to have a relaxed weekend,going to a birthday party tommorrow, the lady who is having the party had 2 babies in a space of 16 months.some people are lucky!!!and she will definitely ask me if l am pregnant yet,cause l told her we were trying ( big mistake) and she asks when there are people around.

what are you ladies going to be up to ? aleja l know you will be busy Bding :haha:!!!! sending lots of baby dust ladies!!!!

hi ladies
aleja- true, l might have to take the matter into my own hands if he is not helpful. will see how Monday goes. yes , the fibroids l have can cause distortion of the uterus,my stomach is a bit distended.GL with the Bding!!!!!

Honeycheeks - the fibroids just cause a bit of pelvic pain,heavy Af and l pass clots as well.but l have been taking some meds which somehow prevents the clots and pain but have Af for 7 days . always side effects to these meds. yes ,our BFPs are coming!!!!we have to believe and be ready to recieve.

just going to have a relaxed weekend,going to a birthday party tommorrow, the lady who is having the party had 2 babies in a space of 16 months.some people are lucky!!!and she will definitely ask me if l am pregnant yet,cause l told her we were trying ( big mistake) and she asks when there are people around.

what are you ladies going to be up to ? aleja l know you will be busy Bding :haha:!!!! sending lots of baby dust ladies!!!!

Fibroids seem awful, I hope they just disappear like magic.As if the other problem in TTC werent enough..phew!!

Ahh!! I hate to be in social situations where I can be confronted by "well meaning"frnds and relatives and be bombarded with questions of the arrival of a baby. I hope you dont have any awkward moments at the party. I hope you have lots of fun.
Hoping to hear from you after your appointment. You need to find a new doctor if your current FS is not being good. I hate wasting time with crappy docs.

:dust: to all of us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->