• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Just got referred for IVF

ladyf, i hope you soon find an FS who can do better than just write sick certificates.
aleja - it is exciting to hear an update about your first consultation. I really hope you can time it the best way and as early as possible. You FS seems to know what he is doing and it is great that he has a positive aura about the whole thing.

My HSG was on the leap day of february - a life changing day it was for us. HSG was extremely painful for me esp since my tubes were blocked and for the same reason they repeated the procedure thrice in an attempt to unblock my tubes. And the doc who did the procedure was always screaming at me to not push the dye out. Where else would the dye go if tubes are blocked :nope: I had bleeding afterward for 3 days and spotting for another 2 days. I had crampign afterward the procedure which made it difficult to stand straight or walk. The pain went away the next day, but still felt a little sore. The pain while BDing is there, but then i think it is more of a psychological thing after the excruciating pain of HSG. It is going away slowly, but i guess we BDed just twice in a whole month, which has never happened. I kind of lost my drive too.

And I actually told my mom about it today and it wasnt as bad as i was making it up in my mind.

Aleja - sending you a truckload of :dust: for your IVF

Honeycheeks - glad you were able to tell your mum. and hope the pain from the HSG goes away soon and you. if it is still bad maybe you should get it checked out .

aleja- seems like you got yourself a good Fs and seems like he know what he is doing. hope l get a Fs like that one. just don't change anything in this cycle and hopefully the cycle days will be the same. lots and lots of baby dust your way.

Afm: DH just went to leave his 'boys' at the clinic after 5 days of abstinence. l will ask the Fs about the 2 weeks abstinence although we all know it's not right . maybe he will request one after 3 days of abstinence. l am going to ask for an HSG, if there is no blockage & DH's spermies are 'good' = IUI. lm praying that they will be better.

have a lovely weekend ladies!!!!

Oh honeycheeks that HSG experienced sounded traumatic :-(
I am not surprised youre still feeling fragile during BD . And fancy the doctor screaming at you to not let the dye come out???!!!! It sounds horrible. My Hsg was painful enough and my tubes were all clear . Big hugs for you .
It's lovely you were able to tell your mum about what's going on.

Ladyf when do u expect to get all the results ? I hope u find a nice fs too I think it makes a real difference with feeling confident and at ease .. GL girls x

Ladyf _ i really hope the results come out good and you can settle with IUI. A good doc can make a huge difference. I really hope you find a good one.

Well Ladies, I dint tell my mom about the "IVF" per se . But we told her that there is stuff "going on". I told her enough to make her and DH happy that we are not keeping my parents in the dark. Thats everybody happy, wooof.

AF came today and I have never been so pleased to see her. Towards the end of this new cycle I would have my first appointment at the IVF center. I am praying everything goes well.

Hope you ladies had a nice weekend.

Yay for AF!!!! Like l said before , when it comes to telling your family or friends about ttc don't say what you are not comfortable with. Still glad you talked to your mum, they have an idea of what is going on.

Aleja- when are you having your nurse orientation? Fxd all goes according to plan.

Afm- l have the appt on Thursday , will let you girls know how it goes. Hoping we can get DH's results on Wednesday so that l have all the information l need when l see the FS. Hope DH can come with me, but he might be busy at work.oh, well.....

Yay for AF!!!! Like l said before , when it comes to telling your family or friends about ttc don't say what you are not comfortable to say. Still glad you talked to your mum, they have an idea of what is going on.

Aleja- when are you having your nurse orientation? Fxd all goes according to plan.

Afm- l have the appt on Thursday , will let you girls know how it goes. Hoping we can get DH's results on Wednesday so that l have all the information l need when l see the FS. Hope DH can come with me, but he might be busy at work.oh, well.....

Oh, how i wish time flew and I had my appointment too. I told my mom just the bits I wanted to share, it was an understanding with my DH. I dint say anything that i was not comfortable.

Ladyf - good luck for your appointment. I really hope your DH can come with you for the appointment. And good luck for the results.

Aleja- good luck with your schedule of nurse orientation.

Honeycheeks- your appt is just around the corner, the wait will be worth it.

Got results for DH SA it was 14.5 million and 20% motility. A big improvement from less than a million. I am thankful for that, now hoping motility improves too. Will get the full results on Wed and then FS on Thursday. Can't wait !!!help is on the way :happydance:!

Aleja- how are you doing?

Honeycheeks- your appt is just around the corner, the wait will be worth it.

Got results for DH SA it was 14.5 million and 20% motility. A big improvement from less than a million. I am thankful for that, now hoping motility improves too. Will get the full results on Wed and then FS on Thursday. Can't wait !!!help is on the way :happydance:!

Aleja- how are you doing?

Thats an awesome report when comapared to his last time. Im sure this gives you a good chance since the count itself has increased a lot. So in pure numbers it means you have more motile sperm. It would still be great to see an improvement in motility. Im sure the report will make his swimmers go ecstatic.
Looking fwd to hear about about your appointment. I hope everything goes very well.

hi all
i thought i would throw my journey story in, I got the news 3 weeks ago that we would have to get ivf with icsi, due to male probs, i dont seem to have anything major wrong at the mo.
To say i am devasted is an understatement and i know my hubbie is too as the problem at the mo seems to be with him.

I never thought i would have to go through this..we are trying 18mths and nothing so after a year went for all the checks and here we are.
I had the HSG 3 weeks ago and it was fine, a bit crampy but nothing major, the doc said straight away that it was clear so i was happy, i thought the next step would be IUI but no...it had to be my luck and the biggie ...ivf isci...

sorry for rant just thought i would share and rant at same time

hugs to all ...we so deserve to be mammies xx

hi all
i thought i would throw my journey story in, I got the news 3 weeks ago that we would have to get ivf with icsi, due to male probs, i dont seem to have anything major wrong at the mo.
To say i am devasted is an understatement and i know my hubbie is too as the problem at the mo seems to be with him.

I never thought i would have to go through this..we are trying 18mths and nothing so after a year went for all the checks and here we are.
I had the HSG 3 weeks ago and it was fine, a bit crampy but nothing major, the doc said straight away that it was clear so i was happy, i thought the next step would be IUI but no...it had to be my luck and the biggie ...ivf isci...

sorry for rant just thought i would share and rant at same time

hugs to all ...we so deserve to be mammies xx

Hi Mammywannabe, welcome in here.
We are all here with problems, to share and support each other through the emotional and physical roller coaster of IVF. IVF is never a good thing to happen, but I have come to accept it. I have really come to think of it as a blessing as ppl like me would otherwise have no choice but to remain childless. I hope you will soon start feeling more positive about the next step ahead.

Hi ladies
Welcome mammy hope u enjoy the thread. Yes it's very scary hearing that the only Orion left is IvF I guess nothing can prepare u for the shock and loss we feel. I feel sad every day sometimes when I think about the unfairness of it all. Honey cheeks is right though about how AC can help those of us who are unlucky in a sense.
Ladyf your dh's numbers are a huge improvement you must be so happy. Did he do anything special to help him increase ? You should be able to do IUI with those results... Very exciting can't wait to hear what the doc says.

Honeycheeks yay for aunt flo.. One hurdle down ...

My nurse orientation is next week and so far no sigh of AF or even PMS . This is good so far as I need her to stay away till next week hopefully

Hi again ladies, I've been trying to forget about Ivf stuff for the last week or so... But just had an appt with our FS for our FET transfer, very happy to find out I can do a natural cycle with only a trigger shot & 4 pregnyl injections after transfer, I just have to wait for af to show up & hopefully after a full stimulated ivf icsi my cycle will still be regular...

Fx'd to everyone :flower:

Hi Sheri welcome back ! that's fantastic news that you have a little embryo waiting for you and that it can all be al naturale . When are you expecting AF ? Best wishes x

Hi Sheri welcome back ! that's fantastic news that you have a little embryo waiting for you and that it can all be al naturale . When are you expecting AF ? Best wishes x

Thanks aleja, we have 3 frozen blasts, will transfer 1 & af is due on april 6th (good friday) will be interesting after all the meds from my ivf cycle wether af turns up on time or not im usually like clock work...:shrug:

:flower:

Hi ladies
Welcome mammy hope u enjoy the thread. Yes it's very scary hearing that the only Orion left is IvF I guess nothing can prepare u for the shock and loss we feel. I feel sad every day sometimes when I think about the unfairness of it all. Honey cheeks is right though about how AC can help those of us who are unlucky in a sense.
Ladyf your dh's numbers are a huge improvement you must be so happy. Did he do anything special to help him increase ? You should be able to do IUI with those results... Very exciting can't wait to hear what the doc says.

Honeycheeks yay for aunt flo.. One hurdle down ...

My nurse orientation is next week and so far no sigh of AF or even PMS . This is good so far as I need her to stay away till next week hopefully
Im am really excited to know about your nurse orientation. Hope AF stays away till next week.

Thanks aleja, we have 3 frozen blasts, will transfer 1 & af is due on april 6th (good friday) will be interesting after all the meds from my ivf cycle wether af turns up on time or not im usually like clock work...:shrug:

:flower:

Welcome back sheri. I have been thinking of you. It is great news that you dont have to go through all the nasty shots again. I hope shows up on time. Good luck for your FET cycle. This really has to be it. You are in my prayers.

Ladyf - Hope your results mean IUI and not IVF, yay!! Waiting to hear what your doc has to say.

Hi ladies hope everyone is well xxxx

Sheri thATs great news about your 3 embies .. if all goes to plan we will both be on a similar cycle this month :)
So far no AF for me so I'm hoping that she holds out for another couple of days....

LadyF I can't wait to hear about your appt

I had a horrible experience this afternoon . I went to a local acupuncture & Chinese medicine place to see whether they offered acu for IvF cycles. Well the woman who attended me was awful she had no tact and pretty much lectured me about why ivf doesn't work. She was so insensitive and said there is nothing she can do for me as relaxation acupuncture won't work since I am not the one with the fertility problem... :-(
I wish I had the nerve to tell her where to go but I polite and left feeling demoralised.

Anyways I came home and shed a few tears of frustration .dh was his pragmatic self and said the only person we should be listening to besides each other is the doctor . I know what he means as I now realise some people have very strong views about treating fertility and IvF. But I just have to remind myself that it's ultimately a personal choice and people should just keep their mouths in check. Anyways sorry for the long banter

Hi ladies hope everyone is well xxxx

Sheri thATs great news about your 3 embies .. if all goes to plan we will both be on a similar cycle this month :)
So far no AF for me so I'm hoping that she holds out for another couple of days....

LadyF I can't wait to hear about your appt

I had a horrible experience this afternoon . I went to a local acupuncture & Chinese medicine place to see whether they offered acu for IvF cycles. Well the woman who attended me was awful she had no tact and pretty much lectured me about why ivf doesn't work. She was so insensitive and said there is nothing she can do for me as relaxation acupuncture won't work since I am not the one with the fertility problem... :-(
I wish I had the nerve to tell her where to go but I polite and left feeling demoralised.

Anyways I came home and shed a few tears of frustration .dh was his pragmatic self and said the only person we should be listening to besides each other is the doctor . I know what he means as I now realise some people have very strong views about treating fertility and IvF. But I just have to remind myself that it's ultimately a personal choice and people should just keep their mouths in check. Anyways sorry for the long banter

Aleja, I am so sorry and angered at the way the acupuncturist treated you. Dont feel let down by the nonsense she had to say. In fact if you think rationally, you really stand a very good chance with IVF because there is no problem with you. When it is just sperm issues, they are already being taken care of in IVF. Because sperm does its job and you have a ready made embryo being transferred in utero. And your body is so ready to receive it and nourish it. I hope you understand what i mean.
I feel very strongly positive about your IVF. I hate anyone who says bad things to you. :hugs:

Hello hello !

Aleja- don't even think about what the acupunturist said, some peoples have no idea how emotionally draining this can be and they have the nerve to give thier unwanted opinions. You should have told her told off but it's a good thing you just walked off.forget about her. All the best with the orientation. AF stay away!!

Sheri- good news for you . GL to you.

Honeycheeks - l was really happy with the improvement in DH results , l just got him some menevit , l think it has zinc, vitamins etc in them . So he is taking them once a day and he is trying to cut down on his drinking, so 6 pack for the weekend is ok with me. Doing another test after Easter , hope we will see better numbers. So , may is soon approaching :happydance:. Guess you can't wait for the ball to start rolling. We will be starting the countdown soon.

Mammy:flower:Hello! Thanx for sharing, l think it helps when you do. Atleast you now know why you are not getting pregnant and help is on its way.hope ivf works for you.

Afm-at the appt we went through all the tests that they have done. Ultrasound, bloods and SA. He said my progesterone levels were a bit low although l do ovulate on my own. So he had put me on clomid 50mg for 2 months with 21 days prog tests. I asked for the hsg test but he said we had to do these things in steps , after the 2 months he might request for one. What was l suppose to do????he is the Dr. He even laughed cause l was asking questions and all and he said l know you ladies you spend a lot of time goggling everything so l guess you already know about clomid. Of course l do. Anyway he explained that he wanted me to produce more mature eggs and all. And after the appt l did start googling -clomid and it seems half of the women end up miscarrying cause it thins the uterine lining. But 50mg is a low dose, so hope the damage wont be that bad . Or l might look for a natural way of thickening the lining before taking it. Af due on tues, so clomid cd5-9. Hope it doesn't mess up my cycles. Do you ladies think l should get a second opinion or give it a go for the 2 months and see what happens. He says l should not worry about the fibroids as they are outside the uterus but l think they pose a high risk of miscarriage. And he said DH count was ok and he should keep on taking the vitamins .
By the way , l feel bad that l am talking about non ivf related issues on this thread . Feel free to show me the door ladies as l am not much of a help with ivf info but can listen and lend a shoulder if anyone wants it and celebrate with you good news. I just pray that our BFP are coming soon whichever way nature gives us.

Have a great weekend ladies.

ladyf, We really love you on this thread. This is like our personal space, talk ivf or anything else under the sun, we are all listening to you.

Here are my views on whatever your doc had to say...feel free to ignore or accept my comments.
Great that the vits are working for your DH.Keep up with them.
I hope the progesterone test was done on 7dpo or cd 21. if the results confirmed that you are ovulating on your own but not producing enough progesterone, there could be 2 things happening.

1 - the progesterone test was on done on the right day. It is usually prescribed on cd21 assuming that all women ovulate on cd 14. If you dont, then it should be done 7 days post the ovulation day. Only then your results can be compared to the expected results.

2 - you may be ovualting on your own but not producing enough progesterone. in this case, I would say you need progesterone supplementation with suppositories or whatever. Most of the progesterone supplementation available are natural progesterone and do not have any harmful side effects.

My thoughts on Clomid :
Clomid is given to women who do not ovualate on their own. It tricks your brain into producing more FSH so that your follicles are stimulated better to grow bigger and faster and produce an egg. This is particularly useful in women with PCOS where this natural hormone balance is disturbed and hence enough FSH is not produced to stimulate the ovulation.

But the side effects of Clomid are many. It is best avoided if you naturally ovulate on your own. Other than affecting the lining, it also dries up the cervical mucous and makes a hostile environment for sperms. Thats the reason why clomid does not work when used beyond 3 cycles even in women with PCOS.

If you decide to use Clomid it may cause multiple ovulation. You have a great risk of higher order multiples when on clomid as you are already ovulating on your own. Another risk is of producing too many small follicles and no leading follicle which results in no ovulation and may become a cyst. You would have a higher risk of these things happening because you already ovulate on your own and really dont need clomid. And also, I wouldnt think that clomid will make your body produce more progesterone. So i really doubt if clomid will serve your purpose.

You need to ask your doc about progesterone supplementation post ovulation and also confirm that the tests were done on the right cycle day.

PS: I have been on Clomid and similar drugs for 7 cycles and have done my research.

Your doc seems to be a jerk and in your best interests you need to find a better FS.

thank you for your response .to tell you that truth l think l might seek second medical opinion regarding this . l really do not think clomid is necessary at all since l already ovulate . l will get a referral to see another Fs next week. l haven't been having the best of luck with medical help, really dissapointing.
will talk to DH abt this , l think he will support me about getting a second opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->