Just had a chemical and I'm curious about progesterone levels

mara16jade

Mommy of 2 little boys
Reaction score
My dr wouldn't do a beta when I wanted, so 2 days later I walked in a basically demanded one. :blush: It was 11miu and 3 days later it was 3miu. So it confirmed a CP. I also asked for a progesterone test to be done and it was 0.1ng/ml.

Does anyone have experience with this? Anyone know how quickly progesterone levels drop after a CP? I have a very strong suspicion I have something going on that causes me to spot and bleed a week before AF and continue to do so until AF (and this has been happening for a few years, every single cycle). I'm worried its low progesterone and causing the uterine lining to be too thin, or compromised for when an egg implants.

Anyways, if someone out there in BnB land knows much about progesterone levels, please chat with me. I have an appt on Wednesday, but for some reason my drs don't want to talk about progesterone! :shrug: I'm lucky I convinced a dr to order the blood test.

I have no idea but I've suffered 2 losses and one in Jan 2011. Since my daughter who is nearly 3 I have spotted a week after ovulation sometimes earlier sometimes. A lot of time one spot then nothing til af but on few occasions more than one spot. I'm on b-50 complex. I too would like to see anyone else's input as the answer is always I have kids so not point checking and they don't need to do that unless going through Ivf and that I have to wait for 3 losses in a row :wacko:

It may have just been a co-incidence the spotting after Erin and infact the d&c is causing this spotting. I'm having a hysteroscopy xxx

I had a chemical a few weeks ago, I had 5 sets of betas drawn

#3 was HCG 80, progesterone 28.5
#4 (4 days later) HCG 24, progesterone 0
#5 (1 week after #4) HCG and Progesterone both back to 0

Progesterone dropped back to 0 within 4 days for me.
Hope this helps a little

Thank you! And I'm so sorry about your chemical. They're so unfair and cruel.

I have heard that low progesterone can cause spotting before your period. Perhaps you can demand a progesterone test as well? How frustrating that your doctor won't even talk about a health topic that concerns you. Doesn't seem right. Hormones affect so many things, if your concerned, they should not ignore it.

My thoughts exactly. I have my appt with the dr tomorrow, so we'll see what happens. Fx

From what I've read in medical journals, the thought is that low progesterone is a symptom of a pregnancy that will miscarry rather than the cause. There is not yet scientific consensus on the issue. I've been concerned about my levels since my LP is just 10 days. My baby implanted fine and grew beautifully up to at least 6.5 weeks. A part of me feels like progesterone is more likely an issue earlier on like with CPs, but my doctor said that the next time I'm pg I can come in right away and have my levels checked. I'd definitely push the issue for some peace of mind. There shouldn't be any reason why they can't test for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->