just had huge major panic about birth/labour!!

Rozz1e1

Pregnant :D
Reaction score
Ok just had a proper panic moment....just thought about birth and pain etc and whether I can do it or not...i know i have to lol but it proper panicked me! Just having a proper anxious moment and have a very irrational fear of dying inchildbirth...i know i wont but that horrid fear is there...me thinks i need to calm down...sorry for ranting ladies!! Xxxx

You will be fine. It will be all worth it! Try not to think about it xx

Thank you huni :flower: i feel a lil better now about it, I think just all my emotions and stress just bubbled over and had to come out lol! Xxz

my Oh thought it was very funny few months back to say if i do die in child birth he would get a free house (mortgage life assurance), its a running joke for us to say that about different situations but this time i did not find it funny :) i do now but it panicked me a little at the time ;)
we will be fine hon.
my mom had 12 kids she said that child birth isnt easy but isnt half as hard as people make out :) she never had any epidural :)
she said so long as u relax and dont fight ur bodys natural instinct u will be fine. she said when u get ur bub, u instantly start to forget it all . she reckons its like magic and there is no feelin in the world like holding ur bub for first time.
im gonna get through labour as best i can and hold that thought in my head :)
my sis also swears by thinking of each contraction , that u are one more contraction closer to ur bub and that when each one is over, thats a contraction down that u never have to do again :)

You will be ok. There are plenty of pain relief options if you need them and you will be in good hands. The chance of dying in childbirth these days is virtually nil. You are more likely to be hit by a bus as you cross the road! ( not to make you freak out about buses now lol). And once baby is here you totally forgot about the pain. I cannot remember what a contraction feels like .... Just that it does hurt. But I'm not freaking out to do it again. Infact I'm opting for a vbac so labour can't be that bad as I could have had a sheduled section and avoided labour all together. Good luck and really don't think about it too much. It's going to happened and you can't really prepare for it. X

Thank you very much ladies, its fab to hear from ladies doing it again lol! Iv also realised now that if i need pain relief then itz ok to need pain relief, altho I want as natural labour as possible, just gas and air ideally I know that if needed I can have other pain relief and it doesnt make me weak to do so!! I feel much better this morning having got it all out so to speak and am feeling more in control now. Thank you so much for your guys support xxxxxx

I'm due tomorrow, up to yet i havent worried about labour. until today. I went to the toilet TMI and even though I havent been constipated, it felt like i was giving birth.. I was even having cramping which felt similar to contractions that I have had in the past few weeks now and again. all I kept thinking was HOW AM I GOING TO GIVE BIRTH TO A BABY!? but deep down i know that my body is made to give birth and theres no backing out of it now :winkwink:

I'm due tomorrow, up to yet i havent worried about labour. until today. I went to the toilet TMI and even though I havent been constipated, it felt like i was giving birth.. I was even having cramping which felt similar to contractions that I have had in the past few weeks now and again. all I kept thinking was HOW AM I GOING TO GIVE BIRTH TO A BABY!? but deep down i know that my body is made to give birth and theres no backing out of it now :winkwink:

Nope no backing out of it but we must be strong and remember our bodies were madr for this and if we want pain relief we can have pain relief, you dont get a medal at the end of it :) Also my mw suggest getting some lavender oil and having a few drops in the bath but also gettig a towel/flannel soaked in hot water and a few drops of lavender oil and then wrapped in a warm towel again and applied to the back is wonderful for back ache and to help relax xxx

I get nervous occasionally, but here's what levels my head back out:

- I get to meet my baby.

- My body is made to do it.

- Every person on the planet came out of someone - there's a LOT of people so it can't be that bad!

- My miscarriage was really very painful, but I did it at home, coped fine, and that was for a horrible outcome, this is for the best outcome I can imagine.

- If I need it there are painkillers and I can lessen the pain at any point. (Not my plan, but knowing the back up is there will help.)

- Yes it's going to hurt, but it's meant to happen, and each pain is one closer to my baby.

- At the end of all of that pain it is going to be the best day of my life, and my dreams of having a baby will finally come true. How often are you guaranteed a best day of your life? Surely that's worth any pain?

Most days im ok about it but every now and again when i think about it, it kind of takes my breath away and i have a mini panic, so i know how you feel Rozzle!

Its got to come out and im trying to enjoy these last few weeks whilst in total denial about labour :haha:

x

Most days im ok about it but every now and again when i think about it, it kind of takes my breath away and i have a mini panic, so i know how you feel Rozzle!

Its got to come out and im trying to enjoy these last few weeks whilst in total denial about labour :haha:

x

Glad im not the only one!! Im just trying to stay relaxed and remember tht i need to stay calm and remind myself that my body knows what to do!! Xxx

x

Glad im not the only one!! Im just trying to stay relaxed and remember tht i need to stay calm and remind myself that my body knows what to do!! Xxx

Seriously try not to think about it. I never worried about labour last time cause I just didn't think about it. Only the run up to me induction did it hit home and I got scared. But here I am doing it again and I'm 37 weeks tomorrow and again I'm not thinking about it. I'm sure when labour begins/induction which ever happens I will feel nervous but I know I will be ok. It's only a small moment in time and its over before you know it. Staystrong ladies. You will be fine x

x

Seriously try not to think about it. I never worried about labour last time cause I just didn't think about it. Only the run up to me induction did it hit home and I got scared. But here I am doing it again and I'm 37 weeks tomorrow and again I'm not thinking about it. I'm sure when labour begins/induction which ever happens I will feel nervous but I know I will be ok. It's only a small moment in time and its over before you know it. Staystrong ladies. You will be fine x

Thank you huni :-D Im sure ill be ok when its happening...atm I think its just the anticipation and not knowing what to expect that is worse xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->