Just had m/c and preg. friend wants to visit

tamina800

Reaction score
I am currently undergoing a miscarriage... and my friend who is 7 months pregnant called to offer support and wants to visit this weekend.
She visits me maybe once or twice a year.. so this is unusual.
I said ok sure. but now I just don't' feel upto it.
I am happy she's having a baby.... I adore her 6 year old as well. But I don't know if I will be overwhelmed being with her while I'm bleeding my baby away.

She's someone who decides which month(s) she wants to conceive in a year, and gets pregnant exactly then. She decides she wants a boy, she has a boy.. she wants a girl, has a girl.. great for her but at this moment I just can't even fake a relaxed, happy evening together. I'm miserable.

What the heck can I say to her now? I've already asked her to come over if she likes. I don't want pity or endless talk about her baby shower, etc.

I probably sound very petty... but I am currently losing a much prayed for baby :(

I understand that. I just had a loss, and my best friend is pregnant, and the same exact thing happend. I told her i was losing the baby and shes chatting up at her pregnancy, its hard and its ok to be hurt, try your hardest to not let it get to you. :)

My advice is to postpone the visit until you are in a "better frame-of-mind". A good friend will understand and support your decision.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->