Just had my GTT

Mummy of Ange

Reaction score
So I am just back in work after having my 2 hour Glucose Tolerance Test.

Everybody put the fear of god in me saying it was horrible, the drink tasted awful and I would feel sick.

It was absolutely nothing. The biggest thing was the boredom waiting for 2 hours in the waiting room for my repeat bloods. The drink just tasted like sweet orange juice to me. Wasn't the best, but I certainly wasn't gagging on it like I was told.

Im praying I don't have GD. She said if she hasn't called me by tomorrow lunch time them all is ok xx

Glad to hear this. I've always taken the fasting test with my midwife in my previous pregnancies, in which I had to fast overnight and have my blood drawn in the morning, to avoid "the drink" that people wrote horror stories about. I found out however that the midwife I saw in all my previous pregnancies retired so the new midwife I have now might not be willing to let me get out of it this time. I'm so happy to hear a positive experience for once.

Good luck on your results!

The drink really isn't that bad and actually when your so damn hungry it's almost nice

I don't have GD!!! I am so pleased because it was a worry. On to the final trimester for me on Sunday. Cannot believe how quick it has gone xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->