Just have a baby will you!!!

calm

Reaction score
I organized a surprise party for my MIL who was 50 today, so all the family were together. My husband's uncle and aunt were there with their 5 month old LO. After seeing my DH picking her up and watching over her like a hawk informing his auntie whenever LO so much as sniffed, after seeing me holding her and making her dance and laugh, every member of the family asked or hinted

uncle 1: "when are you having one?"
mother of LO: "LO wants a little cousin"
grandmother: "when are you having one?"
auntie 2: "have one quick before "your rice is overcooked"" (Spanish saying)
uncle 2: "LO really suits you" (as I hold her)
auntie 3: "DH really know what he is doing with baby, he is certainly ready"
whole family:"Awhhhhh" (as I was making LO laugh holding her up)

OKAY OKAY I get the message, that you all want me to have a baby, me too!!!!

However, in a way I was glad they said all this. I think actually I would have been more offended if no-one mentioned anything and avoided the subject, at least they see us fit to be parents and see it as a something to expect in the near future. Oh dear, I want my :baby:

It's great that they're all supportive of you and your husband ttc. But it has to be when you're ready.

For me, I have friends and my younger sister wanting me to have a baby, it's like I'm 19 I'm not in the position I want to be in when I have a baby.

Best of luck to you and your husband when you ttc. :)

:hugs: Fantastic that you hve family's support - but it will happen when you and your OH are ready.. You will have your :baby: Calm :hugs:

"have one quick before "your rice is overcooked""

Haha, that's a great saying!!! But I'm sure yours won't be overcooked for a while yet, so don't panic! Though I'm beginning to worry that my rice will have gone a bit soggy before we finally get around to it...:shrug:

awww Calm, that's actually really lovely. It hurts every time my mil says "don't have kids" and so I think it's lovely that they clearly think you and OH will make wonderful parents! :) xx

aw thats really nice, must be frustrating tho. big :hugs: hun

Well, there may be a little familial pressure there, but it sounds more like enthusiasm than anything else! You'll have your baby exactly when you are ready, but it's nice to know that there will be a big family that already loves it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->