Just how "custom" will WeeNotions go?

Eala

Mum of two gorgeous girls
Reaction score
This is a bit random, but I thought I'd ask here first, rather than e-mailing WNs straight off! My (probably illogical) reasoning is that if they won't do it, you guys might also have ideas for someone who would :thumbup:

For some reason I have just had this random idea that I want to do a Valentino Rossi nappy for my LO :blush: I'd do something like half-cut blue and yellow, then have Rossi's "46" on the back, and "The Doctor" underneath (like Rossi has on his leathers).

Kinda like this::

https://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i192/lynne_turner/rossi.jpg

Any idea if WNs would do that? Or do you know of anyone else that would?

If all else fails, I'll probably do something random and buy a transfer and make a vest or sleepsuit. But a nappy would be *so* much cuter :blush:

as far as i'm, aware they can;t do things that are licensed without permission from the brand. ie/ you couldn't send them spongebob material and ask them to use that as its a licensed character,
however i think you'd be okay with your design as its not actually 'licensed' to him is it?

I was going to say the same, I think they will be able to as none of it is licensed, I'd email over your design. I sure they'll be able to do that they're very clever.

I think they can only do embroidery that is available in embroidery shops - I dont know if they can do special unique things?!

Reason I say that is I saw this https://weenotions.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=88

Thanks for that Lisa, I'll have a look.

I didn't know if they'd even be able to do similar to the font, and just embroider it as if they were doing a name? I'm not worried about the yellow outline. I'd probably just do the yellow at the back at that point, and blue at the front with the 46 there. I guess there might be blocky fonts which are close enough!

Otherwise I wonder if there are any sites which do kinda... embroidery items from design?

Why oh why did I have to get my heart set on this :dohh: :haha:

Thanks for your help so far ladies:flower:

Maybe you could ask as I think there embrodery is computer generated? Might be wrong though x

I asked for a custom embroidery and got it! I just sent an e-mail with what I wanted (I didn't have a picture) and they played with their embroidery software to come up with something that would please me. I was quite happy with the result!

Here's the embroidery I requested: https://weenotions.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=27_99&products_id=4327

Very nice! Randomly, I saw that embroidery and wondered if it was a custom (as it's so specific!) That's so cool to know who requested it :D

Its rather dangerous knowledge though - my artistic side is getting excited hehehe

Luckily I saw they had one I want for my next WN...it was a Sweet Pea one...and that is what I call her!

I just ordered a WN for my friends babys first birthday, I did it Hot pink on the back with her name in black, and the pink, lime, black spots on the front. They don't use cloth but I thought its still a lovely thing to get surely?! :blush:

I think it's a fab present, even for someone who doesn't use cloth :D Fantastic for some really cute pictures, and a lovely keepsake! The whole "Wow, remember when you fit in that?!"

I'm planning on getting either a teddy or a doll who will continue to "wear" my LO's custom nappies when she's older :D

I dont think they will to be honest as I e-mailed them for superman/batman nappies.....they cant use anything that is anyone elses trademark hun.

It's not trademarked though :)

It's just letters embroidered in a specific way, so hopefully they'll be able to do it :)

I am sure its not trademarked either - BUT this logo site says its fine to use so long as not commercially - well I might be wrong but for WN to use it that would be commercial would it not?

https://www.brandsoftheworld.com/logo/46-the-doctor

Ha ha I emailed wee notions about superman as well Jaq and that's what they told me but I think you'll be fine with this as the font isn't trade marked is it? I think it becomes commercial as soon as a business takes money for it? I could be wrong though.

Ha ha I emailed wee notions about superman as well Jaq and that's what they told me but I think you'll be fine with this as the font isn't trade marked is it? I think it becomes commercial as soon as a business takes money for it? I could be wrong though.

WN would be taking money for it though?!

I suppose the only way to know for sure is to ask!

Yah, I think I'll have to e-mail them :blush:

I think given that it wouldn't be an exact copy (as I don't think they could do it exactly as it appears with just doing embroidery letters), it hopefully won't be a problem to do it as a one-off :)

Hope you manage to get it :)

Slightly OT, my great uncle who died before I ever knew him was a pretty famous motor bike racer xx

Thanks Katy!

I'm intrigued now - what was his name? :)

John Williams.

He died before I was born due to something related to an accident :( xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"