just me?

Reaction score
i was thinking if i had the baby and my bf had another girlfriend, i wouldn't want her to have ANYTHING to do with the baby. is it just me being really obsessive, or would anyone else feel uncomfortable that another person (who you probably wouldn't like) is playing a part in your baby's life?

I don't think it's crazy or obsessive at all. I sure as hell wouldn't want another woman in my child's life. Maybe it would be different if it turned into a really (really really really) serious relationship.

I think it would only be natural to feel that way to start with but it's unlikely you'd feel that way forever because eventually you wouldn't have those feelings towards your boyfriend anymore. It's only jealousy and eventually you'd realise you have nothing to be jealous of.

I've thought about how I'd feel in that situation and I think it would be important for the child to do everything you could to overcome that feeling.... or at least not show it.

I don't know whether I'd want another woman involved so heavily in my babies life but I suppose you can't stop the babies dad seeing them just because of that

As long as they are in a serious relationship i.e. living together and she was nice then i wouldnt mind because you cant really avoid it especially if they go on to have kids...but some random woman in my baby's life - no way! I would like to think OH wouldnt allow random women into his kids lives anyway (i didnt meet his daughter until we were living together). If she was decent and we could speak and be civil then its ok but if we didnt get on...i dont think so

im in that situation atm with my daughter and her father gaz.

i warned him that if he even tries to make my daughter izzy call his gf mummy..i will neck the pair of them! his gf is ok, nice gal, its just him thats a tosser! they aint been together long.

as for my husband Don, he is izzys stepdad so she calls him dada. gaz had no choice but to accept this. afterall, Dons my husband, he provides for this family, hes the one who looks after izzy everyday, put her to bed every night. were having a baby together AND my husband pays for izzys education as izzys dad wont! hes more of a dad to izzy than gaz will ever be!!!

gaz & his gf are having a baby but they only see izzy once a month (as that is only convienent to him!) they dont live together and there not married. my daughter has no connection to gazs gf what-so-ever! izzy will soon have a half sister but thats it!

i dont have any contact with izzys dad gaz now, he does my head in with his smarky remarks! so his gf picks izzy up when they actually have her! everything goes through her. so if they split...im wondering what hes gonna do then? prob just forget about the daughter he already has!

i could understand if my baby's dad was getting married to a woman, or they had a very long-term serious relationship, but i would just hate for my baby to get introduced to various girlfriends where the relationship is only going to last a couple of months! im not in this situation yet, but im wondering how i would react if i was..

Well,I'll defnitely be in that situation.

Nathan,Lola's dad is told me recently( the right thing to do) that he started kind of seeing someone.

Of course he said that he put things on ice for a bit with her and are going VERY slow...if things between them actually work out and get serious after a year or two she will be a part of my daughters life.

I don't know her yet but as long as she is nice and like her and nice to me,I think i won't be too jelaous.:lol:

But of course it won't exactly be 'whatever' to me.I'm not gonna let her be my daughters second mommy! Me and Nathan haven't worked out custody things yet but if I send Lola-Rose ovet to his house,I want her to be with him not with his girlfriend.
Call me selfish but thats how I see it.

I think it's completely understandable to not want your child paraded in front of a string of endless girlfriends. I can really see that doing more harm than good for everyone involved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->