Just need a bit of a rant.....

WelshGirl

Mummy at last!!
Reaction score
.....so I'm sorry to bore you all, & I hope it doesn't upset anyone!!

In January this year, my son was Stillborn at 28+5 weeks. Because of the gestation at which he was born, I never got to go to any of the ante-natal classes.......which is no-ones fault.

But.....I'm now almost 30 weeks with our little girl, and this issue has been bugging me for a while - so any opinions on it would be appreciated. I kind of feel like I'm being unreasonable....

Basically, when I got booked in with my mw, I asked about going on the list for the ante-natal classes this time. She said she would put me on there.....BUT.....a few weeks later, when I next saw her, she told me that she had tried & tried to get me into the classes, but that they had refused to give me a place.

Their reason?? Because apparently, the labor & birth class is for 1st time mums only. Ok, fair enough.....but surely because I never got the class last time, I should be allowed to go this time???? But no......my lovely mw has fought & fought to get me the class, but according to the Nhs I don't qualify to go because I already had a baby.

So bottom line, if I want any advice etc about labor, birth positions, pain relief etc....I have to pay for the NCT classes. Which I can't afford.

Sorry to bother you all with this, but I am wrong to feel so upset?? Like I said, I kind of feel like I'm over-reacting, but at the same time, I feel like they're treating me really badly.....:cry:

xxxx

I'm sorry for your loss sweetie :hugs:

I think it is disgusting the way they are treating you. I would write a letter of complaint explaining your position, to whoever it is who has the say about who gets a place. Maybe if they know your circumstances they'll change their minds. Good luck xx

im sorry too..... as for nhs theyre sickening, used to be a good country now its tits up and they all about themselves mean aint nhs a free service so should provide everything free, aint that where our taxes go??

Thats absolutely disgusting! I cant believe your being treated that way. It doesnt make sense because you didnt go to them before!!!!:hug:

Thats totally out of order, they should offer you the classes if you havent had them.
I agree with making a complaint about this.

oh my god that is so disgusting. i'd write to someone in the NHS, dunno who would be most appropriate. then i'd go to the papers. it would make the nationals that i'm sure. there's no wa that you should be refused classes given the circumstances. its not as if the classes are just about labour either, there's all stuff about feeding and that too. hope you get somethin sorted hun xx

Thats terrible, you have every right to be upset, there is no reason why you shouldn't be let into those classes under the circumstances. So sorry for you loss I hope you get things sorted out. *hugs*

that is discusting!!! i cant beleive they have the cheek to say you cant take the class, im actually sickened! im so sorry for your loss hun xxx

That is completely wrong! I know they obviously have guidelines etc but there should be someone there who can say "ok, this case is different". Write to your local health authority, your MP, anyone!! Seriously, I've written letters before and they work my advice is to send it to someone at the top.
Good luck hun :hugs:

I am sorry for your lose but I think thats horible what the NHS say. :(

I would def make a complaint hun - it's terrible what they're doing. Where abouts are you? Hope u can get it sorted :hugs:

Write whoever's in charge a nice long letter and I'm sure they'll change their minds! It's completely unreasonable and while I understand they have limited spaces, they can't be that heartless!!

Hun im sorry ....

....i would complain, call the local newspapers and see if there interested in doing a story on it ;)

makes you laugh when they treat english citizens this way but no doubt if someone came in from abroad and wanted exactly the same things you wanted they would be put to the top of the list and into that class quicker then you could say babyandbump!!!

things like this really grind my gears soemtimes!!

That is really really wrong and unfair.:hissy: I wonder if your mw could help you make an appeal?
The only other thing I can think of is to contact SANDS and see if they can offer any advice. https://www.uk-sands.org
:hugs:

I just want to add though, beau-belle, I don't really see how things would be any different for anyone living in UK whether or not they are british citizens or not. NHS policies can vary from trust to trust. Immigrants do not get special treatment.

That is really really wrong and unfair.:hissy: I wonder if your mw could help you make an appeal?
The only other thing I can think of is to contact SANDS and see if they can offer any advice. https://www.uk-sands.org
:hugs:

I just want to add though, beau-belle, I don't really see how things would be any different for anyone living in UK whether or not they are british citizens or not. NHS policies can vary from trust to trust. Immigrants do not get special treatment.

youd actually be surprised as to how much they do get treated diffrently.
My uncle is a doctor and he has to give immigrants priority when booking doctors appointments.

I dont know if that just depends on the councils policys but in some areas they do get treated diffrently and tbh (please dont take this the wrong way anyone) but i think that english citizens should always be priority not someone who has been in the country 5 minutes. because in the end it will be one of our or the next generation running the country in years to come!!

This is complete crap, how can they treat you this way? I agree with everyone else - make a complaint (several if needed) and set them straight. You deserve a place in that class.

Thats awful and so insensitive, you should do a strong letter of complaint.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->