• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

just need a chat and reassurance I will be ok

Mummy_to_be87

Reaction score
Its nearly three in the morning here and I am sitting up in bed, my DD is sleeping beside me on the bed, and I have been in bed since 12 midnight, problem is I have been to sleep and have woken up suddenly a few times with a shock and my eyes feel weird probably because of how I jumped out of sleep, I can hear my heart beat really fast, faster than I have ever heard it and it is making me scared which probably doesnt help it! I have been to the toilet twice which is uncommon for me and everytime I lie down I panic! I have decided to sit up and come online for help and advice! I have googled preeclampsia and gestational diabetes! I am making myself worse! Now I believe my hands are swollen and I am getting symptoms that are possibly not there as I have been on google! The only thing I can think of is that I ate four bars of chocolate between 6pm and 11pm, had 100g of crisps and about 4 diet cokes and it has risen my blood levels and I should go to bed and stop worrying! Then everytime I try to sleep I think something is going to happen to me and I sit back up again! I can taste crisps on my tongue from earlier! I am sorry to bother everyone but I need to talk about it right now :hugs:

SO sorry your having a hard time. I have gestational diabetes which apparently makes me some what more prone to pre-e which thank goodness I don't have symptoms of yet.
All that sugar probably didn't help, even if you don't have either :/ it should calm down soon! Also, fat helps break down sugars so if you still can't sleep or anything, try to eat some and that should help!

I will give that a go and see how I get on, seems I just need to run to the loo a lot tonight, maybe should see the GP in the morning. I have also noticed baby is moving sooo much tonight!

I love your profile photo by the way, your bump is gorgeous with the paint work on it :D

Definitely sounds to me like your choice of food before bed could be messing with you getting to sleep properly. Stupid pregnancy, why does it always want us to eat stuff that will make us feel like crap?

huni try some warm milk to calm u down or a big big glass of water to wash everything down....

sorry ur feelin poo... waking up in the middle of the night sucks especially when u feel like somethings wrong...

STOP GOOGLING THO lol

xx

Sounds like its just the food u have had... Stop googling... It only stresses u out more, I'm sure u will feel fine in the morning

Thank you all ladies, I have been sitting here nearly an hour and I have stopped googling because I realised that is making things ten times worse as I think I have everything! I have been drinking water and feel a lot better! I think its more healthy eating for me tomorrow, the chocolate was a good idea at the time not so much now lol! I think I might try and lie down and see how I get on! Its nice to know there is always someone to talk to when I have concerns at anytime of the day or night! Thank you for being here :flower:

goodnight huni ... try get some rest :)

its 1 o clock and lunch time here lol... theres always someone awake somewhere lol

I will give that a go and see how I get on, seems I just need to run to the loo a lot tonight, maybe should see the GP in the morning. I have also noticed baby is moving sooo much tonight!

I love your profile photo by the way, your bump is gorgeous with the paint work on it :D

That's the one part of GD i hate the most, having to go to the bathroom so much during the night. Have you taken the GTT yet? Water and tea without sugar is a good idea. Milk makes your sugar go up too. Baby is probably on a sugar high as well hehe
Awe thanx! The painting of the bellies was a pregnant friends if mines idea and i am so glad we did it

Sounds like a bad case of a sugar high to me :)

Keep up with the water, and send me the chocolate, I'll make sure it doesn't happen again ;)

Sounds like food as well as anxiety. When I have an anxiety attack I react the same, you think things are there that are not and all that suger will make it worse + the increase in heart rate and the panic will also make you pee more as its your bodys way or reacting the extra speed and stresss

Water water water. Take your weight, divide it by 2, and drink that many ounces tomorrow. I promise you will feel sooo much bettee & the swelling will go down. I drink about 100 oz of water/day just because it keeps me from swelling & flushes my system! I really only need about 80 oz but i drink all night too :) try it!

You're probably hepped up on caffeine, sweetener and sugar. Four chocolate bars would have lots of caffeine plus if the coke was caffeinated. Add in sweeteners from the coke and well that would give anyone anxiety. Also, it takes you way longer to metabolize caffeine when you're pregnant so try to avoid anything with lots of caffeine after midday. I used to get horrible anxiety from caffeine and it sounds like what you have. Why don't you go watch tv and for goodness' sakes - stop googling your symptoms:) that won't help anxiety, trust me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->