Just need to rant...

MummyCat

Cath & her 2 princesses
Reaction score
Hiya lovelies...

Sorry that this isn't very baby related but I just have to get it off my chest. We have my SIL staying for two weeks and within 3 days she's managed to work on my already raging pregnancy hormones!

Day 2: She decides to inform us how to raise our unborn child, explain where all our other family members have gone wrong!! Please note, she's in her early 20's not in a relationship at the moment and has not had any kids. :x

Day 3: She informs me that she's invited someone to stay at our house, in front of said person... WITHOUT ASKING ME OR DH FIRST!!!!! Said person happens to be a relative that we do get on with, so i don't mind too much... I just don't approve of the way it was done. Plus I now have to go our and buy more bedding! ](*,)

Day 3: She completely berates my husband and I for our choice of name should little one be a girl. We really like Charlotte.. that she's okay with... but we like the idea of calling her Lottie for short when she's little... well that was just completely unacceptable... she ranted and raved for a while... I said nothing! :trouble:
This morning I asked hubby while still in bed.. what did he think of all this, because I like Lottie... he said he did too... so I feel a little better!

I just really have no time or patience for this...I just wished people who were opinionated like this would realise that it's actually got nothing to do with them and it never will!!!

Thanks for reading... I feel much better already!! :)

Get it all out hun, no point keeping it all bottled up! Just remember its YOUR baby not hers, she doesnt have a say in anything, its up to you and DH :hug: xx

Day 3: She completely berates my husband and I for our choice of name should little one be a girl. We really like Charlotte.. that she's okay with... but we like the idea of calling her Lottie for short when she's little... well that was just completely unacceptable... she ranted and raved for a while... I said nothing! :trouble:
This morning I asked hubby while still in bed.. what did he think of all this, because I like Lottie... he said he did too... so I feel a little better!

We picked Charlotte too! (Charlie for short) Only my sister's going to call her either "Chuck" or "Chaz" :dohh: Sisters were made to annoy us, even if this one just came with the package! Don't get too upset, just look forward to when she leaves, lol.

We picked Charlotte too! (Charlie for short) Only my sister's going to call her either "Chuck" or "Chaz" :dohh: Sisters were made to annoy us, even if this one just came with the package! Don't get too upset, just look forward to when she leaves, lol.

Good choice!! :) We like Charlie too and are sure that if bubs is a little girl, she'll choose to use that at some point! But you are very right... I am looking forward to her leaving! Thankfully DH knows how full on she is..she's well known for being REALLY loud and never shutting up!! Will be so fed up of her voice soon!

Thanks for all the support... it's good to know that I'm not being unreasonable!!

best to get these things off your chest - i got so much advice that i never asked for when i was preggers the first time and this time round people just keep calling me "brave" or trying to give me advice on having 2 kids. Its all fine when the advice is asked for but otherwise I feel like just screaming at the folk to keep their big noses out!!

just a thought can you tell her how you feel may help clear the air and pull her back in line so to speak

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->